When will we see a production spec mk5 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I hope. Just wish we saw some recent Supra prototypes driving around. Would at least signal that things are moving forward without Toyota having to say anything officially.
Any pics or videos :D

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7

JohnnyTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GTS (05)
I hope. Just wish we saw some recent Supra prototypes driving around. Would at least signal that things are moving forward without Toyota having to say anything officially.
Or really ANY prototypes. The only ones I'm aware of were the supposed mules wearing the old Supra body that everyone was guessing could be hiding the new platform underneath. Now that the BMW ones have been spotted maybe Toyota won't be shy letting the prototypes come out and play a little. You know they have to exist.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Or really ANY prototypes. The only ones I'm aware of were the supposed mules wearing the old Supra body that everyone was guessing could be hiding the new platform underneath. Now that the BMW ones have been spotted maybe Toyota won't be shy letting the prototypes come out and play a little. You know they have to exist.
Does Toyota have some private test track in Japan that they test cars at? Most of the spy photographs are taken in Europe and the USA so if Toyota has been testing the Supra MKV prototype at a private track in Japan, the chances of us seeing a spy pic might not be good.

Da Hmong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Impreza
If an official concept is planned, and it seems that it is based on official statements, I don't think we'll be seeing a prototype before that or anytime soon.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Does Toyota have some private test track in Japan that they test cars at? Most of the spy photographs are taken in Europe and the USA so if Toyota has been testing the Supra MKV prototype at a private track in Japan, the chances of us seeing a spy pic might not be good.
Idk if this is true or not, but I was told Toyota had a under ground testing track in Japan.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Idk if this is true or not, but I was told Toyota had a under ground testing track in Japan.
Well no chance of a spy photo from there if it exists lol.

Once Toyota is ready for some more press coverage of the Supra MKV they'll trot out the prototypes for spy photographers to catch anyway.

AZ Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hoping for new Supra
Well no chance of a spy photo from there if it exists lol.

Once Toyota is ready for some more press coverage of the Supra MKV they'll trot out the prototypes for spy photographers to catch anyway.
Yea Toyota isn't stupid they know how to play the whole marketing game. They didn't bring the FT-1 to all those pubic events and cars and coffee events just for fun. They know that showing it in public generates photos and more and more buzz.

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
It seems for sure there won't be a 2017 Supra right? We'd be seeing something at this point. 2018? 2019? 3 year timeline from Jan 2014 FT-1 debut based on other rollouts timing?

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It seems for sure there won't be a 2017 Supra right? We'd be seeing something at this point. 2018? 2019? 3 year timeline from Jan 2014 FT-1 debut based on other rollouts timing?
This seems to be the case. The LC 500 is coming next year as 2018 model. Chances are this is at least an additional year away which means a 2019 model released in 2018 some time.

Big George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3, X5 V8
Anyone know if they brought the car out to Chicago auto show which just started?

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
This seems to be the case. The LC 500 is coming next year as 2018 model. Chances are this is at least an additional year away which means a 2019 model released in 2018 some time.
That would make it almost exactly 20 years since they stopped selling it in the U.S. I've been waiting this long I guess another year won't kill me lol. Just hope a pretty much close to production spec concept shows its face soon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.