Cruise Control

fuzzysmith

First Name
Smith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra - Nitro Yellow
So we all know the car has adaptive cruise control and I get that that adjusts your speed based on proximity to the car in front of you. But has anyone noticed that it also appears to reduce your speed based on the sharpness of a turn? I wonder if that is based on the camera detecting the radius of curvature or a sensor detecting the centrifugal acceleration...
Sponsored

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
My Mercedes is linked to the sat nav and predicts the speed of the turn based on that. Don't know if the Supra is the same?

OP
OP

fuzzysmith

First Name
Smith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra - Nitro Yellow
Toyota service supervisor just sent me the following:
If the desired speed is too high for cornering, it will be slightly reduced in the bend. However, the system does not detect bends in advance. The system uses driver input via the steering wheel sensors.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Toyota service supervisor just sent me the following:
If the desired speed is too high for cornering, it will be slightly reduced in the bend. However, the system does not detect bends in advance. The system uses driver input via the steering wheel sensors.

i wouold hit the break on off ramps and on ramps. i tested this and imo it does not react fast enough. And you can easily take a turn to fast for an inexperienced driver and be dangerous.

The adaptive system is nice. tested all the way down to a complete stop behind a car and it started driving again when the car moved.

Also the distance from you and the car ahead is also dependent on speed, so slower speeds the car will allow you to follow closer.

Torquem

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
This might be the most obnoxious thing on the car for me. Is there a way to remove the cruise info from head up display? Maybe through coding?
Sponsored