Current tuning options available to the public

Of the ones you could purchase TODAY, Which would you pick?

• Total voters

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I was trying to find the answer to this, so I decided to compile a list. Pros / Cons?

Piggyback: outboard ECU done by installing an interceptor harness

1. Titan Motorsports Protune V.1 $599.00
    1. http://www.titanmotorsports.com/tms-mkv-tun100-.html
  2. JB4 Plug and Play Tuner $529.00
    1. https://burgertuning.com/collections/2020-toyota-supra/products/jb4-for-a90-toyota-supra
  3. Vivid Racing (VR) ECU tuning Box Kit $455.00
    1. https://www.vividracing.com/tuned-ecu-tuning-box-kit-toyota-supra-mkv-b58-30l-turbo-335hp-p-152546028.html
  4. Delicious Tuning PowerPlug $495.00
    1. https://www.delicioustuning.com/node/948
Flash Tuning: Supra’s diagnostic port is connected to a laptop and software is uploaded

1. RK-Tunes Performance Tune $800.00
  2. Hydra Motor Works $1,295.00 for stage 1 and 2
  3. MHD Flash Tuning
  4. ProTuning Freaks Bootmod3 $595.00 + $50 for all OTS maps
  5. Twisted Tuning Custom ECU Calibration $450.00 base map + $50 each additional map + $75 lifetime support
    - https://twistedtuning.com/products/a90-supra-custom-ecu-calibration?_pos=1&_sid=fe4d53e1e&_ss=r
Sponsored

Last edited:

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
which one do you guys think is the safest with warranty?
I'm in this spot as well......I want MHD when available but due to the warranty side I'm going to start with the Titan piggyback, along with a downpipe. Everything is ordered just waiting on delivery.

Once we get a little reliability data and I feel better I'll move to a full ECU tune.

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in this spot as well......I want MHD when available but due to the warranty side I'm going to start with the Titan piggyback, along with a downpipe. Everything is ordered just waiting on delivery.

Once we get a little reliability data and I feel better I'll move to a full ECU tune.
I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully no problems with piggybacks. I heard people in BMW forum saying piggybacks are more "glitchy" because all it does is trick the stock computer so the stock ecu tries to "fight" it. idk how true that is, but I hope it's not :/

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 1998 E36 M3 LS3 Twin Turbo
I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully no problems with piggybacks. I heard people in BMW forum saying piggybacks are more "glitchy" because all it does is trick the stock computer so the stock ecu tries to "fight" it. idk how true that is, but I hope it's not :/
+
I'm on JB4 right now and no issues with it being glitchy at all. It's nice having the JB4 app so you can monitor all data from your phone and change maps on the fly. I am working with MHD Tuning for a tune that will work with the JB4. I should have some updates here soon.

mkhank7865

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, Jaguar F Pace, BMW 435 GranCoupe

Keep us posted, I'm interested in the Titan piggyback and DP also

OP
OP

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
+
I'm on JB4 right now and no issues with it being glitchy at all. It's nice having the JB4 app so you can monitor all data from your phone and change maps on the fly. I am working with MHD Tuning for a tune that will work with the JB4. I should have some updates here soon.
So they'll flash your ECU in combination with the JB4? What is the benefit to that, vs. just having them flash the ECU without the JB4? Forgive me if that's an ignorant question, I'm learning...

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So they'll flash your ECU in combination with the JB4? What is the benefit to that, vs. just having them flash the ECU without the JB4? Forgive me if that's an ignorant question, I'm learning...
No worries man. I'll just use the JB4 for on the fly datalogging and monitoring temps at that point. You could make further changes with the JB4 if you added meth or have other options. JB4 and MHD actually work together on tunes and it's called a back end flash.

For me it's very convenient to be able to datalog at the push of a button and email it just as easily from my phone to have it checked. I'm working on upgrading the heat exchanger and being able to monitor temps in real time is extremely handy during these hot summer days.

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
+
please do update us :D

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
+
oh btw jb4 tune is on your supra? And also how many HP gains on the wheels did you get with just stock parts and a jb4 tune?

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
oh btw jb4 tune is on your supra? And also how many HP gains on the wheels did you get with just stock parts and a jb4 tune?
Yes the JB4 is on my Supra. Here are my numbers on the Supra at the wheel on 93 octane no meth:
333whp 385tq bone stock
356whp 441tq Map 1 and Intake
391whp 468tq Map 3 and Intake
424whp 482tq Map 3, Intake and Catless Downpipe

Torque comes in hard at 2700 rpm.

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
please do update us :D
Will do! All I needed was an Android device and an OTG cable which Twisted Tuning sells so I bought a tablet and I've been waiting on the cable from twisted tuning for 12 days now and it still hasn't shippedo_O. They won't return emails or answer posts on here.

Kaizen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
:hmm: I'll be waiting for the Japanese to come out with a tune. Warranty won't be voided if it's from TRD or Gazoo. I'd like to see HKS come up with a tune too. I like to bet my money and peace of mind on the Japanese.
Sponsored