Daigo Saito reveals his new 2JZ powered A90 Supra drift car

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
The first manual A90 exists. And it happens to be 2j powered.

That engine bay is huge, thought that 2J was a 4 banger for a second. Lots of room for activities.

Rotaryrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX 8
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I thought we'll see something like this shortly after the first supra deliverys.

But it looks like this guy cheated.

Or was that the first auctioned a90 that was worth hundreds of thousands of $ :rofl:

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
No one would even be considering the 2JZ swap if the B58 was a proven reliable engine at high power. The biggest step backwards is the B58 :dunno:

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
It looks huge because he got rid of damn near everything around it
You can literally fit 3 more intercoolers between the engine and the bumper and have one on top of the engine itself. I ain't even gonna be mad when my B58 blows up, a twin turbo V6 is going to fit in there nicely.

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Sold for. Not worth.
Well, I thought we'll see something like this shortly after the first supra deliverys.

But it looks like this guy cheated.

Or was that the first auctioned a90 that was worth hundreds of thousands of $ :rofl:

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
Well, I guess they have a proven formula that they know works, already probably had a worked 2JZ at their disposal and considering the level they are competing at, this makes a bold statement... Just my 0.2c.
Sponsored