Company reveal 2JZ engine conversion kit for new Toyota Supra

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes if you read my last thread you can read a bit more on the flashing. The ECU tuneability is about to be fully unlocked.
Someone already flashing the ecu of the supra?
Sponsored

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
:bow:Thank you, finally a person who says the truth.
The engine already has a huge compression ratio for a turbo.
So even with water meth 500hp will be the limit the b58 c and it is 420ch in stage 2 for the x5 b58c without meth.
However, many look at the power and not the torque. the torque will be showing near 620N.m in stage 2 :yes:
That is very false. There is already a M240i making 670 to the wheels. Fly_m240i.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
The internet is a great place for the weak to hide and throw stones. More than half these so-called “elitists” are nothing more than chicken-shit douche bags who can't speak a word without stuttering in person (not going to mention names, as this doesn’t apply to all MKIV owners). Someone acquires a 1993.5 NA Auto Supra for $12k 7yrs ago, does a GTE swap and now they are considered “elite.” What has the world come to. I honestly don’t give a shit what they think. Don’t let the big words they use fool you....if they were so smart with their big words, they would have proper degrees, well paying jobs, and some coin in their savings (thank you Kali Linux) ;-).

That being said, what is (on average) the highest temperature an engine can go before an aluminum head warps and blows a head gasket or seal? Automotive engineers account for that when they design the plastic components that bolt directly to the engine or head. So, whether you are making 300hp or 1000hp, if your engine isn’t staying within the appropriate cooling range, the plastics are the least of your worries.
The whole forum vs in person comprehension is hilarious since both have completely different outcomes. I've gotten used to weeding over the noise and only focus on the technical stuff. I guarantee if all of you guys on the SF thread were in a large conference room and the meeting was about MKV: Deeply Offended and Let Down brown bag session, it would go over the required time. There will be many side discussion and as we say in the tech world, there will be many "can you please take this discussion offline" :rofl:

The MKV was detuned for reliability. I'm not talking about long block, I'm referring to the rat's nest that's hiding underneath.

9984.jpg

:bow:Thank you, finally a person who says the truth.
The engine already has a huge compression ratio for a turbo.
So even with water meth 500hp will be the limit the b58 c and it is 420ch in stage 2 for the x5 b58c without meth.
However, many look at the power and not the torque. the torque will be showing near 620N.m in stage 2 :yes:
Yes if you read my last thread you can read a bit more on the flashing. The ECU tuneability is about to be fully unlocked.
@mrarm This thread

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/b48-b58-flashing-capabilities.1658/#post-38703

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
That is very false. There is already a M240i making 670 to the wheels. Fly_m240i.

Is that car an M6 or A8? I can't tell from the IG posts.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
The MKV was detuned for reliability. I'm not talking about long block, I'm referring to the rat's nest that's hiding underneath.
What about it? Are we talking aesthetics, or worries of those plastics melting?

Steel braided lines, high temp sleeves, re-routing / relocation kits, etc... This is assuming the factory plastics are crap...which I don’t think they will be. I have yet to hear about high HP BMW’s in general (without Toyota’s collaboration) melting plastics in their bays, have you? My biggest worries with the B58 are the smaller components that can lead to bigger problems (i.e., main bearings, rod bearings, and rod/head bolts. Again, considering Toyota did their part in quality checking the motor, it should be a gem.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Steel braided lines, high temp sleeves, re-routing / relocation kits, etc... This is assuming the factory plastics are crap...which I don’t think they will be. I have yet to hear about high HP BMW’s in general (without Toyota’s collaboration) melting plastics in their bays, have you? My biggest worries with the B58 are the smaller components that can lead to bigger problems (i.e., main bearings, rod bearings, and rod/head bolts. Again, considering Toyota did their part in quality checking the motor, it should be a gem.
No, many older BMW motors suffered from issues with plastics. One of the most common was the charge pipes popping. However, most were not related to outright power, things such as cooling hoses were just multiple heat cycles.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S

Of course not melting but components starting to fail when the power goes up, more so on BMW's then on Toyota's. Then there's warranty voids with aftermarket parts and putting it back to stock issue. This might be why Toyota went with a happy medium of 335hp for reliability. Once you start pushing for 400, 500hp, 600 hp, you're on your own.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
It is a ZF8HP50. From what I can tell it is a stock block. He mentioned development of forged internals awhile back but I don’t think it has happened yet.

Thanks, that gives me a little more hope with respect to the ZF's abilities. Mod details are rather sparse between his IG and protuningfreaks posts. I was also hoping to find dyno graphs and timeslips, but no luck so far. 132MPH traps don't jive with 670WHP but in another post he mentioned trapping 138MPH which is spot on. In any event 670WHP/138MPH out of 61mm turbo is very healthy.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that gives me a little more hope with respect to the ZF's abilities. Mod details are rather sparse between his IG and protuningfreaks posts. I was also hoping to find dyno graphs and timeslips, but no luck so far. 132MPH traps don't jive with 670WHP but in another post he mentioned trapping 138MPH which is spot on. In any event 670WHP/138MPH out of 61mm turbo is very healthy.
If you watch the videos, he doesn’t really have a good way to launch other than brake boosting the torque converter, so I think his 60ft may hurt his overall 1/4.
Sponsored