Best company for engine build?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
1000 capable not sustainable. After that 750+ marker I really think it's just borrowed time. 700 is a good spot for stock motor to live.
Its all about the tune. Avoid detonation and high temps, run cooler fuel, and 900-950whp (1000 crank) is doable. I agree it’s on borrowed time, but doable.
Sponsored

Cyph

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91
Kind of sucks that all 3 are along the east coast. Transportation wise.

Anyone know if the stage 1 build is a possible option for solving the serious 2021 oil consumption issues while also improving the engine?

I just don’t have faith that my local dealership can handle it. sentimental value has got me good

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Kind of sucks that all 3 are along the east coast. Transportation wise.
Shipping the engine is relatively inexpensive. Even shipping the entire car is less than a couple grand, I believe.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Don't waste your time anywhere else. Reach out to Bill at BMB Autowerks, Just trust me on this.

700 wheel should be sustainable on stock motor.

For your goals sounds like you can easy just do a p2uned stage 1 build which is just rods and pistons. Which is $6999. Don't need valvetrain or head work done. Let me know if I can help :)

The G1000 was popular early on but for the most part people use p2uned. There's been a big push to bmb for his past bmw work but no one in the top 20 are using his motor yet. I went with what was proven and did rods, pistons, sleeves, and valvetrain by p2uned. I added head porting (which no one really knows if it does anything yet).
theres more people than you think running BMB engines. and some who have had other Built engines rebuilt by BMB. but its not my place to disclose that info. You guys rely way to much on that "Top 20" list.

700whp needing an engine build??? Far from it bud. You can make that with bolt-ons. Once you start cracking the 950whp mark is where an engine build may be a thought. If you decide to go engine build, elevate your power goals to 1k+!

No one believed me in the past when I said the B58 would be 1000hp capable….lol.
Its all about the tune. Avoid detonation and high temps, run cooler fuel, and 900-950whp (1000 crank) is doable. I agree it’s on borrowed time, but doable.
anything is doable. Doable and sustainable is two different things. lets not start the 1000whp is safe nonsense. point blank its NOT. a regular user should keep power down around 700/700 if they want any kind of longevity on the stock block. 900-950whp is also NOT safe nor sustainable. people believe anything they read on the internet.

i told people 3-4 years ago the stock B58 can touch 1000whp. But in that same sentence i told people its not sustainable. nothing has changed since then.

if the owner understands the dangers, and is ok with the chances of the rods breaking at 900-1000whp. then fine. but stop telling people its safe, you arent the only one. But pipe dreams sells tunes i suppose.

OP
OP

jprescot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
700whp needing an engine build??? Far from it bud. You can make that with bolt-ons. Once you start cracking the 950whp mark is where an engine build may be a thought. If you decide to go engine build, elevate your power goals to 1k+!

No one believed me in the past when I said the B58 would be 1000hp capable….lol.
700 wheel is def not sustainable on stock motors lol, I was running 700 wheel and blew my motor a week later

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
700 wheel is def not sustainable on stock motors lol, I was running 700 wheel and blew my motor a week later
so your tune and car blankets everyone else that has been doing it for years?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Without more information, this isn't helpful. There are a lot (Yes, a lot, this time, Justin), of 700hp stock block motors. Could have been a 'friday rod' or something in the tune, mechanical failure, or something else that caused a premature failure.

OP
OP

jprescot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
so your tune and car blankets everyone else that has been doing it for years?
After what happened Im not sure if I trust the stock motor. I was tuned by botti with 690 wheel and 750 wtq. Although, before my engine blew my valve cover was cracked and we fixed that, there was also a boost leak. So maybe once all that stuff was fixed it caused the car to run too much boost? We aren't too sure why it happened. I was also on e85.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
After what happened Im not sure if I trust the stock motor. I was tuned by botti with 690 wheel and 750 wtq. Although, before my engine blew my valve cover was cracked and we fixed that, there was also a boost leak. So maybe once all that stuff was fixed it caused the car to run too much boost? We aren't too sure why it happened. I was also on e85.
Again, without more information, this isn't helpful. Lots of cars push 700 no problem

What fuel, what fuel system, what turbo, how's the log look, did a rod fold, what was the failure. etc. Depending on where this boost leak was, what caused the valve cover to blow, etc. Those could all be part of it. It could also be a 'friday rod' (or Monday rod, whatever day you like), There's a million variables here.

OP
OP

jprescot

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Again, without more information, this isn't helpful. Lots of cars push 700 no problem

What fuel, what fuel system, what turbo, how's the log look, did a rod fold, what was the failure. etc. Depending on where this boost leak was, what caused the valve cover to blow, etc. Those could all be part of it. It could also be a 'friday rod' (or Monday rod, whatever day you like), There's a million variables here.
I am running a pure850, visconti lpfp and eos port injection. A rod went through the oil pan.

Reactions: zrk

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
but stop telling people its safe, you arent the only one. But pipe dreams sells tunes i suppose.
Who mentioned anything about it being safe? Let's not get into assumptions here buddy....that should be a discussion on SupraForums, not here. Everyone is very aware of the risks associated with modifying a car, whether it's 400whp or 1000whp. If they don't understand that, they shouldn't be modifying $60k cars for the heck of it.

Reactions: zrk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Shipping the engine is relatively inexpensive. Even shipping the entire car is less than a couple grand, I believe.
It is. I looked into shipping my car to Sebring from the Lexington, KY area and it was about $1750.