Company reveal 2JZ engine conversion kit for new Toyota Supra

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
You're living in a complete fantasy land. What gives you even a shred of credibility to make such an assertion?

I mean, is it really that far fetched??

With lots of aftermarket support coming, modern tech, sounds very realistic to me.

Not like the mk4 was making 1000 hp back in early 90’s or even mid 90’s.
Sponsored

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, is it really that far fetched??

With lots of aftermarket support coming, modern tech, sounds very realistic to me.

Not like the mk4 was making 1000 hp back in early 90’s or even mid 90’s.

"B58 STOCK bottom-end"

It's not far fetched, it's a completely absurd to purport that "1000hp will be very doable" on stock pistons, wrist pins, rods, crank, main caps, oiling system, etc...

Irrespective of "stock" or aftermarket, the internet, youtube, etc.. has grossly skewed the perceptions of people that have never actually built/tuned/driven/raced anything nearing or surpassing 4-digit power. In the real world nothing reasonably attainable easily and reliably makes 1000+ HP.

As for the aftermarket support.. It's reasonable to assume that in time mfg's will solve for rods, pistons, etc.. Strengthening the rotating assembly is frankly one of the easiest limitations to solve for in my experience. The real challenge/complexity is all of the other things that need to be considered and solved for to support that kind of power. Without going down into the weeds, I'll throw out one (of a dozen or more I can think of off the top of my head) challenges ---- the DI fuel system. DI in any application is a major bottleneck. Aftermarket DI systems that will support that kind of demand are sparse and currently very expensive. So now you need to incorporate port injection, so you need to develop fuel rail, intake manifold, in-tank pump mounting and all of the plumbing and last but not least, an EFI system to control it all.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
"B58 STOCK bottom-end"

It's not far fetched, it's a completely absurd to purport that "1000hp will be very doable" on stock pistons, wrist pins, rods, crank, main caps, oiling system, etc...

Irrespective of "stock" or aftermarket, the internet, youtube, etc.. has grossly skewed the perceptions of people that have never actually built/tuned/driven/raced anything nearing or surpassing 4-digit power. In the real world nothing reasonably attainable easily and reliably makes 1000+ HP.

As for the aftermarket support.. It's reasonable to assume that in time mfg's will solve for rods, pistons, etc.. Strengthening the rotating assembly is frankly one of the easiest limitations to solve for in my experience. The real challenge/complexity is all of the other things that need to be considered and solved for to support that kind of power. Without going down into the weeds, I'll throw out one (of a dozen or more I can think of off the top of my head) challenges ---- the DI fuel system. DI in any application is a major bottleneck. Aftermarket DI systems that will support that kind of demand are sparse and currently very expensive. So now you need to incorporate port injection, so you need to develop fuel rail, intake manifold, in-tank pump mounting and all of the plumbing and last but not least, an EFI system to control it all.
JB4 controls port injection, already proven to do so since the N54. Intake spacer with 6 injectors to run port injection, also proven. A LPFP upgrade is easily adaptable from other cars.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
JB4 controls port injection, already proven to do so since the N54. Intake spacer with 6 injectors to run port injection, also proven. A LPFP upgrade is easily adaptable from other cars.

Great, it's so easy then, right!? Curious.. How many 1000+ WHP N54's are there? How many are running 190MPH in the 1/2 mile and/or 160MPH in the 1/4 mile reasonable trap speeds given the power/weight)?

How many 1000+ HP anything with a ZF8?

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
"B58 STOCK bottom-end"

600HP stock and a couple electric motors gets it to 1000HP

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great, it's so easy then, right!? Curious.. How many 1000+ WHP N54's are there? How many are running 190MPH in the 1/2 mile and/or 160MPH in the 1/4 mile reasonable trap speeds given the power/weight)?

How many 1000+ HP anything with a ZF8?
I never claimed 1000hp anything. Matter of fact, I don’t think a B58 will hit that number for a long while, and it definitely won’t have a stock bottom end. I am simply saying that the provisions to make more power do exist.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
1000hp on a stock bottom end 2JZ is a myth. Unless you count 15 mins on a dyno an acceptable life time.
I agree, I mean lets be real....when people say "1000hp capable on stock bottom-end" most right-minded people realize that it doesn't mean 1000hp rev-bouncing daily driver. This applies to the 2JZ as well. Actually, 1000hp daily anything in general (built or not) isn't considered common daily driver (for various reasons). I am simply saying that 1000hp out of a factory fully forged bottom-end is not going to be a surprise quite honestly. Considering the advances in fuel types nowadays (E85, etc...) and ECU and tuning improvements...1000hp is absolutely possible, at least on the B58. The Subaru EJ25 (USDM STI, not JDM STI) was considered a ticking time bomb anything above 400whp on stock bottom-end. Today, with the advancements mentioned previously with fuel, tuning, and parts....EJ25's are making 550whp on stock bottom-ends.

Will a B58 be able to stay intact with 1000hp on stock bottom-end?...I definitely believe so. Will most people making that much power do so on stock components?...probably not. Just like the 2JZ.

Last edited:

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Careful, the pretentious douche (AHP) might put in his expert opinion on why that won't ever happen....wait for it, wait for it.
Well, the firewall of the Supra(and Z4) already shows there are visible mounting points; just waiting for the actual application. If Toyota doesn’t intend to offer a manual, then the mounting points should have already been invisible at this point. And enthusiasts will most likely find ways to make it(manual) happen.

....and to mention that competitors like the Nissan 370Z, Ford Mustang, and Chevrolet Camaro, are still offering manual transmission, it just makes a lot of sense for Toyota to bring it in as well.

Besides, this car is not primarily for the $$$; but for the satisfaction of the enthusiasts.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
:doh: Nobody asks this question why BMW has to change on the B58 piston block turbo ... to make 150HP more on the S58? :popcorn:

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I'm not on anybody's side but a B58 on a stock turbo just made 500hp.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1588149

"All Runs are 93oct +100% Meth

Parts on Vehicle:
➖@burger_tuning Jb4 & Intake
➖@evolutionracewerks Downpipe
➖custom Meth Kit done By @tnt_racewerks
➖Ecu Flashed by @dmetuning ➖Custom Exhaust "

v748s1.jpg

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
:popcorn:

I feel bad that Ken, Jeff and others have wasted time attempting to reason with and educate this fool.
Yeah, I've met Ken at ToyotaFest a long time ago. He's one of the coolest, humble and one of the most knowledgable person when it comes to Toyota's. His Supra collection is to drool after. :drool:

Rule #1: Never mess with the OG's.

Ken1-1.jpg

012.jpg

NewBrakes11.jpg

Appraisal01.jpg

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Parts on Vehicle:

v748s1.jpg
:bow:Thank you, finally a person who says the truth.
The engine already has a huge compression ratio for a turbo.
So even with water meth 500hp will be the limit the b58 c and it is 420ch in stage 2 for the x5 b58c without meth.
However, many look at the power and not the torque. the torque will be showing near 620N.m in stage 2 :yes:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Parts on Vehicle:

v748s1.jpg
Yes if you read my last thread you can read a bit more on the flashing. The ECU tuneability is about to be fully unlocked.
Sponsored