DAW FlowMax Turbos - 2 Port and 6 Port - 1 Fast Supra!

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
So it sounds like the Flow Max is like a Pure700 and the Ultra Flow is like a Pure800? The Ultra Flow shares the same 62/62 wheel size as the Pure800.
No since neither the flow max or the ultra flow use the same oem housing, neither are similar to pure. Pure uses a stock housing and bores it out. Trying to shove 40 lbs of shit in a 20 lb bag.

DAW uses a GTX3582 style turbo with better cartridges, bearings and wheels. The current Ultra Flow (now Flow Max) has been fine to 700and with the new revision should be good to 750. The New ultra flow R should be good to 800 with proper fueling.

I just wish the nomenclature was a bit better as this is going to be CONFUSINNNGGGGG

Easy mode -

Flow max (slightly bigger than current Ultra Flow) -
Ultra Flow R Bigger than current and matches more closely to the GEN 1 - MO Powa

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
No since neither the flow max or the ultra flow share the same housing, neither are similar to pure. Pure uses a stock housing and bores it out. Trying to shove 40 lbs of shit in a 20 lb bag.

DAW uses a GTX3582 style turbo with better cartridges, bearings and wheels. The current Ultra Flow has been fine to 700and with the new revision should be good to 750. The New flow max should be good to 800 with proper fueling.
The GTX3582 is a 62mm wheel but I hear you on the housing flow rate differences.

So the Flow Max is larger than the Ultra Flow? Their post is confusing as it states:

"2 Port Ultra Flow is now finished which is also identical in size to the Gen 1 Ultra Flow.
The Faster spooling 2 Port Flow Max will be ready in 2-3 weeks."

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The GTX3582 is a 62mm wheel but I hear you on the housing flow rate differences.

So the Flow Max is larger than the Ultra Flow? Their post is confusing as it states:

"2 Port Ultra Flow is now finished which is also identical in size to the Gen 1 Ultra Flow.
The Faster spooling 2 Port Flow Max will be ready in 2-3 weeks."
I edited my post lmao. TO INCLUDE THE CONFUSING MESS OF NOMENCLATURES USED

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Hi.

Completely lost

When will the New R be ready and what kind of spool & 93 numbers can I expect?

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Hi.

Completely lost

This is what I want to know also. Right now I am running a MHD stage 2 on 93 on a 22 supra and want to know how much more power I will get just from switching to a DAW turbo on 93, and can I still use the AA downpipe or will I need to go catless so it doesn't burn up.

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi.

Completely lost

This is what I want to know also. Right now I am running a MHD stage 2 on 93 on a 22 supra and want to know how much more power I will get just from switching to a DAW turbo on 93, and can I still use the AA downpipe or will I need to go catless so it doesn't burn up.
For 93 youll want just the flow max. The Ultra Flow R are going to be for guys that have full PI, LPFP, Trans etc.

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would go with a catless dp.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
For 93 youll want just the flow max. The Ultra Flow R are going to be for guys that have full PI, LPFP, Trans etc.
I was planning to install PI and support mods including a new clutch on my MT.

But is there a point if I’m going to run 93 + octane booster with the larger turbo?

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was planning to install PI and support mods including a new clutch on my MT.

But is there a point if I’m going to run 93 + octane booster with the larger turbo?
IMO no. You sacrifice power band for peak numbers that way. Much better to have more power for longer than more peak power for shorter time.

KungFu

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra, 01 Impreza RSTi
Will there a be a price difference between Flow Max and Ultra Flow R?

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Will there a be a price difference between Flow Max and Ultra Flow R?
Ill know tonight. As of now the current ultra flow (now flow max but larger) is the same price as new flow max.

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you need to?? I'm in New Jersey with inspections and don't want a horrible gas smell.
No you dont need to but restriction is a thing with downpipes past 600 whp on almost all turbos.
Sponsored