DAW Turbo Installation Problem

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Finally had some time to install my DAW turbo I’ve had sitting around for over a month. I’m almost done other than the fact that the wastegate heat shield blocks the PCV hose. The only way I can think of is 1) getting the bottom portion of the heat shield cut (would have to drive far to get it cut), 2) take the heat shield off and just use the blanket (idk if this would work, if anyone can chime in I would appreciate it, 3) just turn the heat shield around the other side (i doubt this would benefit anything since it isnt blocking heat from the intended side.)

I will link some pictures down below since I would really like to get this project done since its been a hassle.

IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2023.jpeg

IMG_2024.jpeg
Sponsored

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Need to trim the shield a bit to make it fit or just not install it and only use the OEM blanket wrap.

I have just been using it without the shield

NklJGTV.jpg

OP
OP
kehvin

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Need to trim the shield a bit to make it fit or just not install it and only use the OEM blanket wrap.

I have just been using it without the shield

NklJGTV.jpg
I ran into the same issue, and this is Daw's reply.

QUOTE:
Just trim the heat shield a little is all.. Before running the car make
sure the wastegate rod is straight & under no tension. Lastly
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...mrkgoqP2zl&id=100002196698678&mibextid=Nif5oz
Thanks for the replies, I've decided to just take off the heat shield and we'll see what happens. The heating blanket doesn't even fit either cause the PCV hose is really close to the wastegate (ill try again when I first start the car.) I'll probably buy some of those heating wraps that you have and cover it.

Other than that can't wait to finally run it and see what it can do!

Durk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Had the same problem with the install so I trimmed the heat shield.

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Why wouldn't the make the heat shield fit from the factory to the supra????? Seems like a major over site no???

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Thanks for the replies, I've decided to just take off the heat shield and we'll see what happens. The heating blanket doesn't even fit either cause the PCV hose is really close to the wastegate (ill try again when I first start the car.) I'll probably buy some of those heating wraps that you have and cover it.

Other than that can't wait to finally run it and see what it can do!
Just need to make a small slice in the blanket where it contacts the inlet and it will line up better

OP
OP
kehvin

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not working in the night so I can see better and noticed the wastegate actually touches the PCV hose…

IMG_2038.jpeg

OP
OP
kehvin

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Please provide some charts one it's on the dyno.
I’ll try and see if I can find one because I'm curious too. Theres not one I know of because I live in buck fuck no where but my butt feeling feels like it just pulls from a 60 roll (I can notice a difference between stock turbo and DAW.) I’m using BM3 OTS Multimap Stage 2. Havent tried ethanol yet but will soon. So far I keep getting a CEL even though I clear the codes. I know the CEL is from the plug near the PCV hose. Gonna try and figure out how to prevent it but it doesn’t affect performance I don’t think.

Other than these problems I haven’t found any leaks or anything.

Last edited:

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
If the code is emission related and doesn’t affect the performance of the car. Scan with bm3, copy the code, and bypass it via bm3 options. That’ll get rid of the CEL.

OP
OP
kehvin

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If the code is emission related and doesn’t affect the performance of the car. Scan with bm3, copy the code, and bypass it via bm3 options. That’ll get rid of the CEL.
The code is 16050A which I’m guessing is the connection I’m talking about correct?