DAW Ultra Flow Turbo Dyno Results

FluffyMangoes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra 3.0
Hey yall. Just wanted to share some dyno numbers on the DAW Ultra Flow Turbo since theres not a lot of data for this turbo specifically for the supra. This is the original release of the ultra flow not the revised "r" model. 2020 supra 3.0 2 port. Dyno used was a Dynojet. Running stock intake, catless dp, tomei exhaust, 93 fuel. Final numbers are 458hp/496tq. Not that it would make a huge difference but the dyno tech forgot to turn AC all the way off in the car (i had it on before handing over the keys so its my fault haha). Not the best numbers comparing with other hybrid turbos on 93 but ill take it. Car feels pretty good so im happy. Just wanted to serve as a reference for prospective hybrid turbo buyers.
0.png
unnamed.jpg
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
The A/C shouldn't make a difference, because the compressor clutch is switched off at full throttle, and the liquid cooled condenser setup prevents most additional heat soak versus having an air cooled condenser & fan forcing more hot air into the engine bay.

OP
OP
FluffyMangoes

FluffyMangoes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra 3.0
The A/C shouldn't make a difference, because the compressor clutch is switched off at full throttle, and the liquid cooled condenser setup prevents most additional heat soak versus having an air cooled condenser & fan forcing more hot air into the engine bay.
Thanks for sharing!

FYI AC turns off at WOT so won't make any difference.
Ahhh okay good to know. Thanks!

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Im a little disappointed with those numbers. For some reason I was thinking with that turbo you would be over 500. I was thinking 525. Did you run into any fueling issues?

Please no disrespect. Im looking at that same turbo and I was expecting a little more out of it.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Im a little disappointed with those numbers. For some reason I was thinking with that turbo you would be over 500. I was thinking 525. Did you run into any fueling issues?

Please no disrespect. Im looking at that same turbo and I was expecting a little more out of it.
hi,
peak numbers aren't everything, just as 0-60 isn't everything.
the curve has the greatest importance here. spool time, power throughout powerband, is the hybrid turbo breathing passed 5500 rpms, etc.

we also don't know if this is a conservative tune or balls-out tune.

posting a dyno graph is more about a conversation rather than peak numbers. for example, maybe OP is experiencing fuel issues so the tuner had to be more on the conservative side? :dunno:

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
hi,
peak numbers aren't everything, just as 0-60 isn't everything.
the curve has the greatest importance here. spool time, power throughout powerband, is the hybrid turbo breathing passed 5500 rpms, etc.

we also don't know if this is a conservative tune or balls-out tune.

posting a dyno graph is more about a conversation rather than peak numbers. for example, i made over 550wtq on stock turbo on 93 and ECUTEK. maybe OP is experiencing fuel issues so the tuner had to be more on the conservative side? :dunno:
I stand corrected and also have to agree with you. I’ve also seen in the Harley world where guys had dyno number way above mine but my bike was faster from a dig and a roll. I try not to get hung up on the numbers though. I’ll work on it lol

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I stand corrected and also have to agree with you. I’ve also seen in the Harley world where guys had dyno number way above mine but my bike was faster from a dig and a roll. I try not to get hung up on the numbers though. I’ll work on it lol
i'm sorry btw, i did not see you ask about the fueling issue. using forums while at work. my bad!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
No way should there be any sort of fueling issues on 93 at 450whp if tuned correctly.

I run E40 on a Pure700 making more power with a 100% stock fueling system.

5500 rpm @ 24.5 psi = 107* HPFP angle
6800 rpm @ 27.5 psi = 103* HPFP angle

max HPFP angle is 126*

At that boost/power, LPFP is just fine.
Sponsored