Results for DI & DAW Ultra Flow R

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Not hijacking but wanted to give and update. Received my Spool FX-400X hpfp and IFX-350 injectors.
Getting installed this week and tuned next week. Will post results (logs and dyno charts).
I'm on the baby DAW (6port Flow Max) so we'll see what we can squeeze out of it. Ran out of fuel on the stock system.

20240227_141539.png
20240227_141548.png
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Not hijacking but wanted to give and update. Received my Spool FX-400X hpfp and IFX-350 injectors.
Getting installed this week and tuned next week. Will post results (logs and dyno charts).
I'm on the baby DAW (6port Flow Max) so we'll see what we can squeeze out of it. Ran out of fuel on the stock system.
What power was it making when you ran out of fueling and on what fuel? Are you also upgrading the LPFP?

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What power was it making when you ran out of fueling and on what fuel? Are you also upgrading the LPFP?
I have the logs and already shared them with you but I know your busy racing and shit.

525/545 is what we settled on. At 540/600 the hpfp was crashing at E50 (E48)
At that time, I was on the complete stock system.

I now have installed a Stage 3 lpfp. I did the Precision Raceworks stage 1 which is a new bucket with upgraded pump and was 100% p&p. I've added their Stage 2.5 which together should support 900whp on E85. I also got the billet tophat upgrade.
Right now the second pump is triggered by a hobb switch.
Still waiting on this magical BM3 rev2 board.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I have the logs and already shared them with you but I know your busy racing and shit.

525/545 is what we settled on. At 540/600 the hpfp was crashing at E50 (E48)
At that time, I was on the complete stock system.

I now have installed a Stage 3 lpfp. I did the Precision Raceworks stage 1 which is a new bucket with upgraded pump and was 100% p&p. I've added their Stage 2.5 which together should support 900whp on E85. I also got the billet tophat upgrade.
Right now the second pump is triggered by a hobb switch.
Still waiting on this magical BM3 rev2 board.
Ah now I remember, we are close on numbers and HPFP maxing out. Look forward to seeing the logs after this round of upgrades!

Thanks for reminding me 😎

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hear their devs are waiting for it to magically work
It's kind of bs. Through a friend I've seen the DM drama between these guys... meaning motiv, mhd, visconti, and others. It all comes down to money and some butt hurt feelings... oh, and possible lawsuit lol

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
It's kind of bs. Through a friend I've seen the DM drama between these guys... meaning motiv, mhd, visconti, and others. It all comes down to money and some butt hurt feelings... oh, and possible lawsuit lol
I heard that product will be on hold indefinitely due to a patent motiv has and is ready to enforce.

Is there any advantage of MHD+ over BM3 if you’re DI only?

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If I'm switching, I'm going to ecutek. I already have a Femto clone waiting. I haven't had the need to switch yet. I'm not at those power levels. One day. Already have PI injectors installed in my mani... just expensive ass plugs right now. No controller. Even have a freshly broken in pure stage 2 tranny.
Really want to see how far I can take this DI thing though... cause I'm weird and like experimenting.

Hot saws

First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
In a similar boat so can’t wait to see how this goes. I have a new ultra flow 2 port and tuned on bm3. Have been waiting on the rev2 board to go port but obviously no dice. I’ve been waiting on someone else to try the fx400 and ifx350 injector combo.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In a similar boat so can’t wait to see how this goes. I have a new ultra flow 2 port and tuned on bm3. Have been waiting on the rev2 board to go port but obviously no dice. I’ve been waiting on someone else to try the fx400 and ifx350 injector combo.
Getting Installed this week. Assuming that goes well it should be getting tuned too. I'm on vacation so can't wait to come home next weekend and send this thing... hard.

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Getting Installed this week. Assuming that goes well it should be getting tuned too. I'm on vacation so can't wait to come home next weekend and send this thing... hard.
Any updates on the Spool HPFP and injector power increases? What have your thoughts been? TIA

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Egos and money typically do that.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any updates on the Spool HPFP and injector power increases? What have your thoughts been? TIA

I'm still having issues getting the tune straight. my tuner has been patient but it's kind of out of his hands. we're sitting at 600/600 and it's drivable, but we can't push the ethanol higher than E52. If you go by Spool's published info on my setup, I should easily be able to push straight Ethanol at my power levels. I'm having issues getting Spool to respond (see final thoughts at bottom for more on this). Sameh is my tuner, so when he says he's pushing it as hard as he can given the tables he's received from Spool, I'm inclined to believe him.
It took 18 dyno runs to initially dial it in... that's absurd. Once we started street tuning, that's where the underlining issues really started popping up, trims getting wacky, throttle closures, etc. Spool has since provided Sameh and Pro Tuning Freaks with the "correct" tables for my setup, that was a couple weeks ago. I've had 2 revisions since then and it's marginally better. Sameh did send over another revision yesterday, that I'll be testing today. Even if it "works", it's still a bandaid because I'm not even close to Spool's claimed flow/output. Meaning, I'm sitting here with a top mount and there's zero chance my setup (in this configuration) will be able to push it to the max or even close.
I've asked Spool for help, and willing to provide them all the logs they want, but I feel I'm getting ghosted. In all fairness, the first time I reached out to Spool, they were all over it. Sent updated tables to Sam/PTF that day. Sameh confirmed he received them and that PTF updated their tuning platform to include these tables. As stated above, it got marginally better.

As far as drivability, feels like stock. The problem is I'm only getting, imo, 10-15% more flow than the stock hpfp/injectors.
Another thing that could be messing this up, but still doesn't fully explain everything, is Spool can't (or won't) tell me which injectors they shipped me. There's a reason lol. I originally ordered the FX-350 and Injectors. After I placed my order, but before receiving anything, they released their FX-400x hpfp and Stage 2 injectors. I contacted them, letting them know I wanted the FX-400x. They asked me to return the FX-350, which I did. Somewhere in there I mentioned it would be nice to get the Stage 2 injectors. When I finally received the FX-400x and Injectors, I assumed they upgraded the injectors to stage 2. I didn't get any up close photos of the injectors prior to the install. I've asked Spool a couple times now which injectors they shipped me, no response. So, Sameh's tune, to my knowledge, is based off me having Stage 2 injectors, but I'm not sure of that.

At this point, i don't know if it's a injector mismatch or Sam/PTF have the wrong tables. I'm really at a loss here. If I don't hear from them by the end of the weekend, I'm just going to pull an injector and get the QR code off of it. At least I'll know which injectors I have.

I fully understood I was getting an unproven product. I just thought Spool would provided more support. Probably would if I had a huge IG account or was a "somebody" in the racing scene.

I want to be clear about the above. Sameh hasn't said one negative thing about my setup or Spool. Spool also did try to reach out to me last weekend, on Easter, but I wasn't able to take the call. I feel I've been ignored since... or they're just really fucking busy.

@razorlab @EddieNel update for you guys... nothing really new. I'll be taking it out later today to test the latest tune revision.

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm still having issues getting the tune straight. my tuner has been patient but it's kind of out of his hands. we're sitting at 600/600 and it's drivable, but we can't push the ethanol higher than E52. If you go by Spool's published info on my setup, I should easily be able to push straight Ethanol at my power levels. I'm having issues getting Spool to respond (see final thoughts at bottom for more on this). Sameh is my tuner, so when he says he's pushing it as hard as he can given the tables he's received from Spool, I'm inclined to believe him.
It took 18 dyno runs to initially dial it in... that's absurd. Once we started street tuning, that's where the underlining issues really started popping up, trims getting wacky, throttle closures, etc. Spool has since provided Sameh and Pro Tuning Freaks with the "correct" tables for my setup, that was a couple weeks ago. I've had 2 revisions since then and it's marginally better. Sameh did send over another revision yesterday, that I'll be testing today. Even if it "works", it's still a bandaid because I'm not even close to Spool's claimed flow/output. Meaning, I'm sitting here with a top mount and there's zero chance my setup (in this configuration) will be able to push it to the max or even close.
I've asked Spool for help, and willing to provide them all the logs they want, but I feel I'm getting ghosted. In all fairness, the first time I reached out to Spool, they were all over it. Sent updated tables to Sam/PTF that day. Sameh confirmed he received them and that PTF updated their tuning platform to include these tables. As stated above, it got marginally better.

As far as drivability, feels like stock. The problem is I'm only getting, imo, 10-15% more flow than the stock hpfp/injectors.
Another thing that could be messing this up, but still doesn't fully explain everything, is Spool can't (or won't) tell me which injectors they shipped me. There's a reason lol. I originally ordered the FX-350 and Injectors. After I placed my order, but before receiving anything, they released their FX-400x hpfp and Stage 2 injectors. I contacted them, letting them know I wanted the FX-400x. They asked me to return the FX-350, which I did. Somewhere in there I mentioned it would be nice to get the Stage 2 injectors. When I finally received the FX-400x and Injectors, I assumed they upgraded the injectors to stage 2. I didn't get any up close photos of the injectors prior to the install. I've asked Spool a couple times now which injectors they shipped me, no response. So, Sameh's tune, to my knowledge, is based off me having Stage 2 injectors, but I'm not sure of that.

At this point, i don't know if it's a injector mismatch or Sam/PTF have the wrong tables. I'm really at a loss here. If I don't hear from them by the end of the weekend, I'm just going to pull an injector and get the QR code off of it. At least I'll know which injectors I have.

I fully understood I was getting an unproven product. I just thought Spool would provided more support. Probably would if I had a huge IG account or was a "somebody" in the racing scene.

I want to be clear about the above. Sameh hasn't said one negative thing about my setup or Spool. Spool also did try to reach out to me last weekend, on Easter, but I wasn't able to take the call. I feel I've been ignored since... or they're just really fucking busy.

@razorlab @EddieNel update for you guys... nothing really new. I'll be taking it out later today to test the latest tune revision.
Thanks for the update, and sorry for your issues! Hopefully you can get the needed info and see expected improvements. Sounds about the same power as their FX-350 and stock injectors, so any frustration is understandable.Thanks again and best of luck.
Sponsored