DAW Turbo Installation Problem

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Normal for the upgraded turbos because the inlet deletes the heater. Just code it out. When (if?) you get a custom tune, your tuner will be able to do it no problem.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

Feng604

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Iā€™ll try and see if I can find one because I'm curious too. Theres not one I know of because I live in buck fuck no where but my butt feeling feels like it just pulls from a 60 roll (I can notice a difference between stock turbo and DAW.) Iā€™m using BM3 OTS Multimap Stage 2. Havent tried ethanol yet but will soon. So far I keep getting a CEL even though I clear the codes. I know the CEL is from the plug near the PCV hose. Gonna try and figure out how to prevent it but it doesnā€™t affect performance I donā€™t think.

Other than these problems I havenā€™t found any leaks or anything.
Forgive my ignorance, but its okay to run OTS maps with a hybrid turbo???

OP
OP
kehvin

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Forgive my ignorance, but its okay to run OTS maps with a hybrid turbo???
I donā€™t see why not. Only problem Iā€™d see is if youre running bug turbo, but someone can fact check me.

Its not ideal since its a generalized map for everyone and for stock turbo. If you want to push more power and said power safer, then I think you should get a custom tune from someone who does tunes. For me that wont be for a while so Iā€™m just sticking with the OTS for now.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I dont think you are going to like the results of running a OTS tune with a DAW turbo.

Bigjsn250

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Are you leaving 50% of the gains on table, yes, are you gaining an easy 50whp by swapping from a stock turbo with an OTS tune, yes, are you going hurt anything, no.
Sponsored