debadging my 2021 supra

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
That one bothers me quite a bit as well. I guess I should say "it bothers me alot". These days I just spend my evening news watching counting the number of casters and guests that start every sentence with "So..." - apparently that's the new "Uh/Um" - I wonder who they got that off of. ?

I was largely desensitized to grammar critiques growing up (parents were both English teachers). I remember constantly rolling my eyes at hearing "If he's mean, then why is he your friend?" in response to my question: "Can me and Mike go ride bikes?" Usually this was followed up with: "Your legs aren't broken so I'm sure you both can ride a bike... would you like permission to do so?"

Or commenting on the use of "goes" rather than "said" with: "If everyone already left, how are they still talking to each other?" and so many others.... :rolleyes:
Kindred souls? Also have an English and Journalism teacher parent. I also got the ā€œI donā€™t know, can you?ā€ response many times growing up. One of my other favorites was ā€œbehind the at on preposition streetā€ in response to where is my (fill in the blank) at?
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I never understood the basic stripped down model look. It reminds me of buying a plain Jane Corolla with roll up windows.

I like both the MK4 and MK5 logos, the name is what makes the car special to me.

-RJM

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I never understood the basic stripped down model look. It reminds me of buying a plain Jane Corolla with roll up windows.

I like both the MK4 and MK5 logos, the name is what makes the car special to me.

-RJM
Agreed ^^^

Ether240

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60rs
The reflection shows your nose is now concave where it should be convex.

Your front bumper is now a totally different colour from the rest of your car.

"A lot" is still two words.
Itā€™s a rebuilt title, the front hood and bumper arenā€™t original. The bumper matches the rest of the car. The hood bothers me, the pearl was laid heavy. Too much pearl yellows the paint.
Right now Iā€™m not worried about rock chips or adding clear bra because Iā€™ll eventually have it redone

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
That one bothers me quite a bit as well. I guess I should say "it bothers me alot". These days I just spend my evening news watching counting the number of casters and guests that start every sentence with "So..." - apparently that's the new "Uh/Um" - I wonder who they got that off of. ?

I was largely desensitized to grammar critiques growing up (parents were both English teachers). I remember constantly rolling my eyes at hearing "If he's mean, then why is he your friend?" in response to my question: "Can me and Mike go ride bikes?" Usually this was followed up with: "Your legs aren't broken so I'm sure you both can ride a bike... would you like permission to do so?"

Or commenting on the use of "goes" rather than "said" with: "If everyone already left, how are they still talking to each other?" and so many others.... :rolleyes:
Dudeā€¦. Iā€™m soooooo bad at this. I felt better about my misgivings thanks to a ā€œNational Academy of Sciencesā€ professor teaching us organic chemistry back in the day at FSU. He told us during our first lecture he has this most prestigious award but not to correct him with any spelling or grammatical errors. He was dead serious about it šŸ˜³. However he was given millions of dollars in grants to run the particle accelerator and required to teach a class. Thank gawd for autocorrect and all the other tools we have now for peeps like me šŸ˜‚

Ah I see, I was never super into that but I see the trend
Iā€™m totally with ya hombrĆ©! I want mine to look as original as possible when passing someone on the track and theyā€™re like, WTFā€¦. Is that a Supra?!? LOL. Plus I just like a plain off the showroom original look. To each their own fo sho!
Sponsored