debadging my 2021 supra

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Why would we do that?
debading all the emblems for the clean looks reminds me of the 90’s when all the imports started into the mini truckin’ style of shaved door handles and etc.
Sponsored

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Thanks for this! Now that I see them together, I can see some difference. However, they look quite similar to me and since you won't be able to see the back and sides of the car at the same time. IT will be next to impossible to tell once they are on the car. I'll see if I can find the picture I saw that gave me this idea.
Found the pic. This is what I'm going for. I really like the look. My car is also yellow.
Supra side decal.jpg

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
debading all the emblems for the clean looks reminds me of the 90’s when all the imports started into the mini truckin’ style of shaved door handles and etc.
Ah I see, I was never super into that but I see the trend

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Found the pic. This is what I'm going for. I really like the look. My car is also yellow.
Supra side decal.jpg
the Supra logo on the fender looks super tacky. So does that red trim on the bottom. Reminds me when I painted my accents on my car yellow on a white car. The 90’s trends are coming back!! Lol

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
the Supra logo on the fender looks super tacky. So does that red trim on the bottom. Reminds me when I painted my accents on my car yellow on a white car. The 90’s trends are coming back!! Lol
Agree about the red trim but I really like the supra logos. Maybe it's nostalgia from my previous Mustangs and the 5.0 badges...:headbang:

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
Agree about the red trim but I really like the supra logos. Maybe it's nostalgia from my previous Mustangs and the 5.0 badges...:headbang:
A fender callout that would be retro cool: a nice 3.0 emblem. Because it would be nice to be obviously not a 2 litre. :cool:

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Now that I see them together, I can see some difference. However, they look quite similar to me and since you won't be able to see the back and sides of the car at the same time.
Personally, I'd be embarrassed to have the Mk IV logo on the side of my Mk V unless I'd also replaced the rear logo. The logos look significantly different to me. Maybe replace the rear logo, too? :D

I actually kinda prefer the Mk IV logo. It looks like something a skilled Japanese craftsman could produce on their own. The Mk V logo is somewhat soulless in comparison, and it's something that would obviously not have been possible without computer assistance. I don't feel too bad about that, though, because it's also true of the car, and the car is great.

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I actually like the red trim but not a fan of the logo lol

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Personally, I'd be embarrassed to have the Mk IV logo on the side of my Mk V unless I'd also replaced the rear logo. The logos look significantly different to me. Maybe replace the rear logo, too? :D

I actually kinda prefer the Mk IV logo. It looks like something a skilled Japanese craftsman could produce on their own. The Mk V logo is somewhat soulless in comparison, and it's something that would obviously not have been possible without computer assistance. I don't feel too bad about that, though, because it's also true of the car, and the car is great.
Agreed that’s why i changed mine

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Part of me likes the de badged look but part of me feels like I feel when I’m looking at a sentence without punctuation and who like a sentence without punctuation i say nobody but then again who am I to say your thoughts

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Well, the badges arrived today and I've already put them on. I really like how they look. That's the great part about mods and customization in my opinion - we can all do what we like. They were pretty inexpensive and if I ever grow tired of it, they are easy to remove. Here's a few pics. We have snow outside right now so I couldn't get a good full side shot from in the garage. I like how they balance the A91 stripes I added in the back. I believe my cosmetic mods are now complete.

IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg

Attachments

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Well, the badges arrived today and I've already put them on. I really like how they look. That's the great part about mods and customization in my opinion - we can all do what we like. They were pretty inexpensive and if I ever grow tired of it, they are easy to remove. Here's a few pics. We have snow outside right now so I couldn't get a good full side shot from in the garage. I like how they balance the A91 stripes I added in the back. I believe my cosmetic mods are now complete.

IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg
Looks great !

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Is "debadging" still a thing? I thought that died out over 10~15 years ago along with the "murdered" look where everything was "blacked out"...
Anyone old enough to remember when white-putting a car was a thing? Everything painted white. Corvette even had an “arctic” version. https://images.app.goo.gl/Zc34wbJXczV6rPX87

Big in the 1980s.
Sponsored