Delays with ordering 2022 Supra

Silleck

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
My dealership that I placed an order with about 2-3 weeks ago told me they’re getting a 2022 in. Diffirent color than the one I had originally ordered but it’s still one I really like so I’m good with it.

Reactions: zrk

waagwan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium Red, 2006 Lexus GX470
Have been waiting since mid August for my 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red. DC area. Got a delivery date of Dec. 8 which has now been pushed back to Dec 13-15.

JSmoothBui

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Have been waiting since mid August for my 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red. DC area. Got a delivery date of Dec. 8 which has now been pushed back to Dec 13-15.
hoping most dealers are all getting theirs in the coming weeks. My 2022 supposed to come late December

suedefung

First Name
tsz
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 toyota prius prime premium, 2015 BMW M235i
Screencap from my dealer, how accurate is this? Can’t wait for mine to arrive
D640E123-507D-4EF1-85D8-D09D14FD1D45.jpeg
when did you order yours? whats the interior color? congratssssssssss btw
i locked in my 2022 premium order in early nov 2021, still havent heard anything back from dealer

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow 3.0 Prem, RIP to my E92 M3
My Supra ordered 7/15 is in processing at a processing center stateside as of yesterday, dealer says it should be ready this month. Tracks with Toyota corporate's 6 month estimate on production to delivery.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
My Supra ordered 7/15 is in processing at a processing center stateside as of yesterday, dealer says it should be ready this month. Tracks with Toyota corporate's 6 month estimate on production to delivery.
What kind of special order did you put through? 6 months seems like a very long time for estimated production and delivery

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What kind of special order did you put through? 6 months seems like a very long time for estimated production and delivery
Direct order from Toyota, through the benefit program. Toyota told me directly via email that their production time for Supras is roughly 6 months from allocation to delivery. Upside is I can get exactly what I wanted at a hefty discount, downside is the wait. It may speed up post-COVID issues, I assume the Supra is basically the last priority for Toyota since they sell probably less of them than anything else they make short of maybe the Mirai, so they probably aren't focused on them.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Direct order from Toyota, through the benefit program. Toyota told me directly via email that their production time for Supras is roughly 6 months from allocation to delivery. Upside is I can get exactly what I wanted at a hefty discount, downside is the wait. It may speed up post-COVID issues, I assume the Supra is basically the last priority for Toyota since they sell probably less of them than anything else they make short of maybe the Mirai, so they probably aren't focused on them.
But upping production/maintaining steady production on the supra shouldn't effect their other models though. They don't even manufacture it themselves.

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But upping production/maintaining steady production on the supra shouldn't effect their other models though. They don't even manufacture it themselves.
Correct, but I assume the logistical stuff does cost them a bit of resources. In any case, Austria was hit pretty hard by COVID for materials/labor, so that probably factored in. I know Toyota is in the news for being basically at full capacity for production, but I'm guessing that only applies to actual Toyota manufacturing. Their string-pulling with suppliers probably doesn't get Magna Steyr any help. 6 months for an order is pretty nuts for a car in normal circumstances unless it's some special edition Porsche. I got my last BMW pretty quick.

Family members who are employees ordered a 4Runner and a Lexus this year and got them in a little over 2 months, which they said was insanely long for Toyota. Usually the custom orders are about a month and change at worst and only for the made in Japan ones, mostly due to the shipping time on the boat.

Is this an employee thing? Local dealer telling me they can't place a direct order for the car I want.
Family member is an employee, yeah. It's the only way to get a real custom order, otherwise they just yank one close to or matching your specs from the production stream (at least, that's how 'special orders' tend to work at most manufacturers). You get tracking for the build/delivery process, which is nice.
Sponsored