Deposit done, now the waiting game....

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I called a few dealers and asked about mark-ups up front for a a91-mt. The fourth dealer asked me how much the others were asking.. I told him 10k and 5k. He said he'll beat 5k by 1500. Landed at MSRP + 3500 total.. not bad considering the other stories out there. $1000 refundable deposit paid and said 6-9 months to delivery

Deposit completed for '23 A91-MT in either color
Dealer North Jersey (I live in Queens, NY)
Build date unknown
Ship Date unknown
Vessel Arrival unknown
I hate this market we're in, and swore I would never pay over MSRP for a car, but here we are...
Sponsored

MKVDevo

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Stratosphere Blue Premium 3.0
Really? I've been trying to find a Supra for the past week or so, and I've found virtually nothing from Florida to New Jersey. A few still being advertised at well over MSRP (i.e., everything at Koons), one Nitro, and 2 black are all I've found. Have a promising lead on a silver one in VA, but it's definitely not at the top of my list...
I only entertained one of the dealers that emailed me this week suggesting they were selling under MSRP. I admit I was mislead. 5k under MSRP turned into trying to sell me a 3.0Premium at over 70K and throwing on crap like low jack and other stuff i did not want in addition to "market adjustment fees"

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I only entertained one of the dealers that emailed me this week suggesting they were selling under MSRP. I admit I was mislead. 5k under MSRP turned into trying to sell me a 3.0Premium at over 70K and throwing on crap like low jack and other stuff i did not want in addition to "market adjustment fees"
Yep, I just found a dealer with exactly what I want, who swore they were selling at MSRP. Tag on $7k for an 'out of state transaction' fee, and $500 for LoJack, of course.

Who the hell would purposely buy LoJack these days? All of that tracking is built into your car already. I know why they want to sell it to you - they track their inventory with it, and then they charge YOU for the privilege, and LoJack sells your location data - but I have no idea who thinks LoJack is still a good idea... Not to mention the bottom-rung tech staff tapping into your car's systems to install the thing. Ugh.

Rhane

First Name
Rhane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 A91-MT, '22 Mustang GT, '13 FR-S
Yep, I just found a dealer with exactly what I want, who swore they were selling at MSRP. Tag on $7k for an 'out of state transaction' fee, and $500 for LoJack, of course.

Who the hell would purposely buy LoJack these days? All of that tracking is built into your car already. I know why they want to sell it to you - they track their inventory with it, and then they charge YOU for the privilege, and LoJack sells your location data - but I have no idea who thinks LoJack is still a good idea... Not to mention the bottom-rung tech staff tapping into your car's systems to install the thing. Ugh.
What state? That sounds tempting since I'm currently at an allocation at 5k over MSRP lol

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
I’m seeing a lot of dealers in general tacking on mandatory tint/accessory etc. packages while claiming “MSRP”

ZoomZoom

First Name
Supra
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 RCF, 2019 Platinum Tundra
I read some oil issues with the Supra on other threads and I am wondering if I made a right decision to have a 2023 Supra... My RCF has zero issue.. I am freaking out since the thread is still active and people keep posting their issue.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I read some oil issues with the Supra on other threads and I am wondering if I made a right decision to have a 2023 Supra... My RCF has zero issue.. I am freaking out since the thread is still active and people keep posting their issue.
I have a 2022 and no issues. Really doubt you will with a brand new 2023 without mods. Me personally, I love the car!!!! I had a RX8 that drank oil and still loved the car. I knew that going into it. I also had a M3 that slightly consumed oil. Loved that car too. Both consumed oil by design. I’m expecting this car to use a little oil too… I always keep a quart in my garage and can top her off between oil changes. For the RX8, I kept a quart in my trunk 😂

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I’m seeing a lot of dealers in general tacking on mandatory tint/accessory etc. packages while claiming “MSRP”
I’m even ok with some of that, as long as it’s useful stuff. Once they start talking about LoJack, etc. though, that’s an instant deal breaker. Their privacy policy would make Facebook blush.

Jimmynimbal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Are you me? I put my deposit down like 6/18 on a '22 in nitro yellow. Arrived in port 6/27. Still waiting on it. My original eta was July 16th, which got pushed to August 22nd. It's been on a vehicle hold since 8/2. My salesman finally reached out to some Toyota rep today and they said it should be delivered in 2-3 more weeks.
Recieved it on Thursday. Already modded it out :D

Good luck with yours! Hope you get it soon. It's so sick! I love it.

SA109604.jpg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Recieved it on Thursday. Already modded it out :D

Good luck with yours! Hope you get it soon. It's so sick! I love it.

SA109604.jpg
Congrats!!!!! They are so worth the wait and she's a beauty 😍 That yellow is gorgeous 🤤

OP
OP
RyanA90

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout