Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
184 with Z51 oof
Because of the shorter gearing. That's why the Z51 gets sub 3 second to 60 and the base doesn't.

The cheapest base plus Z51 is $63,990 before destination fees.

The base has 5 hp less and 5 ft/lbs of torque less because of the non sport exhaust.

It's all in the gearing. Smaller gear, faster acceleration, less top speed.
Sponsored

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I actually don't know - I don't think I've seen anything about that metric yet. All I've seen are clickbaity article titles like this one (2020 C8 Corvette: 0-60 in under 3 seconds, starts below $60,000) that, at a first glance, would make you think that you're getting 0-60 in under 3 seconds for under $60k. I don't think I've seen anything about the base model other than the shift in focus from its 0-60 time to its top speed (194mph).
The price might not stick around
https://www-cnet-com.cdn.ampproject...show/news/2020-chevy-corvette-stingray-price/

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
How do you guys honestly think the c8 will handle. The wheelbase is about 10+ inches longer than say a 911 or mkv. And at 3600 lbs wet approximately its not fat but not light. I want to hear your thoughts

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile:

This guy was trying to charge $349 a day - almost the same amount as a monthly lease payment for this thing - to rent an affordable sports car that is targeted at people who like to tune / mod their car. And he wonders why nobody is willing to pay that much to rent it... Some of these people really just don't have a clue lol.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
Thank you. Good points here
My uncle was a z06 c7 owner. He is a 911 guy now. He said the exact same things you did when I mentioned the car. He pointed out the weight being more and an added half inch to the wheelbase vs the c7. I actually like the car and the looks of the c8. I've brought these things up and nobody hears it. They just hear the 0-60 time. I think a lot of peoples dreams will be broken unless they are good with a straight line car.

Countdamony

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lexus is250
For me it's a confidence thing, although not enough is known on the Supra and yes I have concerns about the BMW connection. I know what my confidence level with the C8 is and it simple isn't very good. I bought a C6 in March out of state, when I got there check engine light was on, clutch sensor issue that was resolved. Decided to ship it home than drive it home, felt safer. Within 3 weeks solenoid went out and had no reverse, fixed that. Within 500 miles started feeling some slipping in low gears, car only has 26k miles on it. Had my local Toyota dealer over me a LE at 3k over sticker, truthfully I couldn't buy it fast enough provided they took the C6 off my hands. Also have a buddy who's a vette fanatic who bought his own lift, asked him what the heck do you need that for, makes more sense now. Only time will tell if I made the right decision but I can honestly say as a long time Toyota guy I feel good about my decision.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
How do you guys honestly think the c8 will handle. The wheelbase is about 10+ inches longer than say a 911 or mkv. And at 3600 lbs wet approximately its not fat but not light. I want to hear your thoughts
I also want to know how the DCT in a daily setting. Yeah it may be great for the track but if it is jerky on the road where I put the most miles then I personally won't buy it.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
I have never driven a DCT that wasn't awkward in lower gears, and it's very noticeable in casual street driving and stop and go traffic. Some are worse than others but they all have this behavior. Sometimes it seems random. One of the better ones I tried was the 7-spd DCT in the Audi A5 Sportback, but in first gear there were random situations where the car acted like it had a manual transmission being driven by a beginner. That would drive me crazy if it was my car.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile:

This guy was trying to charge $349 a day - almost the same amount as a monthly lease payment for this thing - to rent an affordable sports car that is targeted at people who like to tune / mod their car. And he wonders why nobody is willing to pay that much to rent it... Some of these people really just don't have a clue lol.
This is the same guy who wants $120k for his MKIV Supra. Yeah ok...

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Meanwhile:

I agree Rob was charging too much for the Supra. Problem is the Supra is a niche type car towards certain people. People who are interested in renting a Porsche or Lamborghini or Ferrari aren’t going to rent a Toyota no matter how nice it is. I personally think this Supra is nice and plan to get one but it’s no match for the mkiv. Too many people are thinking what happened to the mkiv Supra is going to continue on the mkv.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
For me it's a confidence thing, although not enough is known on the Supra and yes I have concerns about the BMW connection. I know what my confidence level with the C8 is and it simple isn't very good. I bought a C6 in March out of state, when I got there check engine light was on, clutch sensor issue that was resolved. Decided to ship it home than drive it home, felt safer. Within 3 weeks solenoid went out and had no reverse, fixed that. Within 500 miles started feeling some slipping in low gears, car only has 26k miles on it. Had my local Toyota dealer over me a LE at 3k over sticker, truthfully I couldn't buy it fast enough provided they took the C6 off my hands. Also have a buddy who's a vette fanatic who bought his own lift, asked him what the heck do you need that for, makes more sense now. Only time will tell if I made the right decision but I can honestly say as a long time Toyota guy I feel good about my decision.
To buy a BMW? :)

I hope this Zupra proves to be decently reliable, time will tell.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I have never driven a DCT that wasn't awkward in lower gears, and it's very noticeable in casual street driving and stop and go traffic. Some are worse than others but they all have this behavior. Sometimes it seems random. One of the better ones I tried was the 7-spd DCT in the Audi A5 Sportback, but in first gear there were random situations where the car acted like it had a manual transmission being driven by a beginner. That would drive me crazy if it was my car.
My Mk7 GTI has a DCT, or DSG as VW calls it, and it's perfect. You're talking about a single clutch. Dual clutches are excellent in all traffic situations. The technology has reached a stage now where it feels no different than an automatic in regular traffic, but with instant shifts. I'm sure the C8 will drive just fine as a daily.

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT
Meanwhile:

this guy was shaming on supra from day 1..saying the limited edition is not worth the money etc.. dude i get it you only buy high end cars for rental purposes, so why the f did he even buy the supra knowing it will not be good source of income..LMAO..he really bought the youtube trollers' comment for renting the supra..

that shit is really funny. now he is bitter as f
Sponsored