Do you regret buying your 2.0?

Vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (future)
I am so close to buying a 3.0 premium but i am skeptical about spending that much money. All u 2.0 owners what do u think of ur car? Any regrets? Is it pretty quick still
Sponsored

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
No regrets at all. Money well spent. A good 2nd car.
As much fun to drive as a Miata.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
No regrets, enjoy it very much so. Will be on par with the 3.0 when tuned. As I noticed this past weekend. So should actually handle better.

kmag66

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2021 Toyota Supra 2.0
Don't regret it at all. This is my "fun" car and it is definitely that!!

Derog

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra, Lexus UX250h
No regrets at all. All the fun and stares for less money.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Although I bought a 3.0 and I donā€™t regret buying it rather than a 2.0, had I bought a 2.0, I DONā€™T think Iā€™d regret it at all.

Go buy a 2.0 and drive the hell out of it.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I came from a 2013 auto 86 that I later boosted and I wanted a relatively light(3000-3200lb) turbocharged sports car as its replacement so the 2.0 fit the bill perfectly. The thing I like about the 2.0 is that it's quick enough and nimble + light enough. I didn't need a 0-60 in sub 4 seconds to be happy. It was this car or a base 718 for me.

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
You should really drive both and see the difference. Although many love their 2.0's and 3.0's they are completely different. They both offer a different experience and by not driving both before making the purchase while having hesitations your cutting yourself short of "what if". I personally have the 3.0 and have had many other vehicles that were 2.0's and drove the 2.0 Supra. Cant be happier with my choice as to what I personally was looking for in the car. Talk to the dealer and I'm sure with some persuasion they'll let you drive both.

Last edited:

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
X2 on driving them both and see which one fits you better. Also maybe factor in resale. At least with the Z4s the base models don't seem to fetch as much and aren't as desirable. Best of luck on your purchase and let us know which one you pick.

SupraGRTheo

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR
I am so close to buying a 3.0 premium but i am skeptical about spending that much money. All u 2.0 owners what do u think of ur car? Any regrets? Is it pretty quick still
Love my 2.0 plenty fast, one huge complainā€¦single piston front calipers???
Really Toyotaā€¦..WTFā€¦ā€¦this is not 1989ā€¦

9FE5DB5A-7879-4493-A989-EE2516EE0184.jpeg

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
No regrets at all. All the fun and stares for less money.
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! I did get to test drive both cars and even went back for a second one in the 2.0(different dealer). Wanted to make sure what the choice was going to be........

For me after both test drives:
1 - pull of the 3.0 is "intoxicating" from a dig.
2- you will feel that 200+lb less weight especially up front. difference is bigger than reviews let on...
3- at about 120 - 130mph you will know you have the 2.0(making an assumption on this one - didn't get the 3.0 that fast) even though there is quite a bit more left.......did I say 120 - 130????? I meant " 12 - 13" Besides, at that point 120 is 120..........LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
4- Getting out of the hole is a lot quicker than any of the stupid reviews let on.......most say the difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is a full second......not buying it.....LOL
5- tail end got out "unexpectedly" taking a curve on an on-ramp and pulled it back together with minimal effort. 3.0 would have probably spun out due to more time to reign in the extra horses.
6- For either version, have not had this much fun driving to work in several years....Excuse my "French" female owners but "chicks love it too and most won't care if 2.0 or 3.0"
7- My insurance only went up $12 extra bucks a month on my premium for the 2.0. Didn't check the 3.0.
8 - almost forgot, no oil issues on the 2.0 that I am aware of.....

Summary: Either drivetrain will put a smile on your face. If you want your cake and eat it too.....get the 2.0. If you just want a BIGGER piece of cake, go for the 3.0.....

ImNotHome

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
I do regret not at least test driving the 3.0. I just figured the 2.0 was enough for me, and so far it really has been, but that all depends on your situation. I'm not taking mine to a track - it's mostly used for city driving, and my driving style is pretty laid-back and conservative (which is all probably not true of 95% of the people in these forums). I had a budget, and saving $8k meant I had room left over to get it ceramic coated and a few other things. They both look basically the same, so it's not like the 2.0 isn't going to turn heads either.

My last car was actually a Prius, so the 2.0 is insanely fun to drive for me regardless compared to what I've been used to for the past several years. That engine would be wasted on me, but at the same time this is very likely my last car before I end up with an EV, so part of me does kind of wish I went all-out. There's also depreciation to consider - I think the 2.0s are going to depreciate pretty quickly. So yeah, I'd say make sure to at least check out the 3.0 before making a decision.

Something kind of minor with the 2.0 - there's something just outrageous about having to manually adjust the seats in a $46k car, hahaha.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Ask urself what You want from this car:
-big power potential, cool sound, more GT character, acceleration for occasional pull, better resale value - U take 3.0
And no, 3.0 wont handle as good as 2.0, not only due to mass diference but because 2.0 is mid-front engined, its engine is located BEHIND the front axle, its the concept Ferrari does for its V12 GT cars, thats why they drive so well despite of having "heavy" engine. The 3.0 has engine placed on the front axle and a bit in front of it. It indeed feels a bit nose heavy, but it doesnt understeer. Its still drives very well and the 3.0 character is unmatched for B48.
-Handling, sharp turn in, the lighter car feel, less GT more sporty, way worse sound, less power potential, a possible brake upgreade, less resale value - U take 2.0. 2.0 is quick, not fast.

Its not like 1 is better than another, they have the same core but realize the Supra concept differently. Depends what U prefer. Drive both, see if 2.0 is fast enough for You or maybe You will hear the sound of 3.0 and do a pull and You will be amazed by its acceleration and raw power.

Watch BestMotoring 2.0 vs 3.0 comparo on yt, they are actuall race drivers not random journalists who spend half of the review bitching how it has bmw parts and feel. I drove m440 with b58 recently and its nothing feel wise like a Supra.