Does your Supra horse riding (bucking) while push and off accelerator pedal times very quick?

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2910 Range Rover Velar, 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS, ordered A90
Vehicle Showcase
Several owners aware of this symptom. It can be reproduced. I took a clip of the behavior. I wonder if this is a bad driving style or something not right with the Supra's throttle sensor. This happens on both stock or tuned B58 Supra.

* Sport mode and stay on 3rd gear @3000+ rpm(The higher rpm the easy to reproduce) then cruising at the speed 60~80kph.
* To foot on 20~25% accelerator pedal and fully off the pedal for times then put the feet on the pedal lightly(Maybe 10%). You are horse riding the Supra.
* In the video, there're throttle and pedal position. Also includes other metrics as well.

Is this normal?

Updated: Same thing from bimmerpost https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1541584
Sponsored

Last edited:

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
Seems like its intentionally being done and causing a type of boost/ wastegate issue. Almost like the system does not know how to react to erratic pedaling. Does it throw a code?

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like its intentionally being done and causing a type of boost/ wastegate issue. Almost like the system does not know how to react to erratic pedaling. Does it throw a code?
No, no error code. I tried several MKv Supras.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
From what i gather this is similar to driving a MT car at low speeds and then accidently giving it too much gas and so you backoff and then try to lightly apply throttle again.

What i've been lead to believe is that the ECU is attempting to correct for the sudden burst in throttle and then lack thereof hence the jostling motion.

It looks to be the same thing here.

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Yes but only over a particular road that is very rough
Undulations caused by the rough road make it difficult for my right foot to stay in delicate position over the throttle so it moves and causes the bucking.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
^^^ to the OP, you need to learn how to drive. ā€œBad driving style.ā€ I never had this issue. Your driving the car like you just got your learnerā€™s permit. ?ā€ā™‚
Dude, in the video, he's demonstrating the issue, albeit aggressively. Check out his other videos in YT.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
^^^ to the OP, you need to learn how to drive. ā€œBad driving style.ā€ I never had this issue. Your driving the car like you just got your learnerā€™s permit. ?ā€ā™‚

never had issue in your Integra? Not relavant

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Donā€™t have an integra dummy
your car list says dc5 which was a chassis code for integra?
if you own a mkv thats great, but its a known if not uncommon issue. has nothing to do with driving style or skills

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
I don't have this issue, but mine does jolt a bit when downshifting in sport auto mode, which I assume is normal.

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, in the video, he's demonstrating the issue, albeit aggressively. Check out his other videos in YT.
@XtremeMaC That's correct. I tried to demonstrate the issue which is complained by other owners . Thanks man.
@Axix23 Come here, let me take you a ride and you'll know what the real mountain racing in my country. It'll be fun.

Last edited:

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
I don't have this issue mine is smooth as butter.
Sponsored