Doing my research

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
They're both under reported. A 2020 and 2021 were dyno'd right after another and the 2020 made 345 to the wheels, and the 2021 388 to the wheels.
When you dyno on an OEM grade measurement tool the cars produce the power advertised. Dynojets do not produce anywhere near accurate power levels. And due to this many people recalibrate their dyno to read as high as a dynojet. Thus giving the false sense of power. The ECU reports a fairly accurate power output and it outputs around 500NM of torque. Modern cars are extremely efficent and thus have a lower drivetrain loss so it seems ass if the car makes more power than it really does. The ZF8 is one of the most efficent transmissions on the market with multiple percentage point efficency increase. I want to say they increased fuel economy 2-4% over previous generation of transmissions alone just from switching to the ZF8.
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
When you dyno on an OEM grade measurement tool the cars produce the power advertised. Dynojets do not produce anywhere near accurate power levels. And due to this many people recalibrate their dyno to read as high as a dynojet. Thus giving the false sense of power. The ECU reports a fairly accurate power output and it outputs around 500NM of torque. Modern cars are extremely efficent and thus have a lower drivetrain loss so it seems ass if the car makes more power than it really does. The ZF8 is one of the most efficent transmissions on the market with multiple percentage point efficency increase. I want to say they increased fuel economy 2-4% over previous generation of transmissions alone just from switching to the ZF8.
Yeah makes sense. I wasn't so much pointing at the total power output, but rather the 40ish horsepower difference between the '20 and '21.

OP
OP
Juggernautjoe

Juggernautjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 noc black 3.0 prem
Came home with my 21 noc black 3.0 premium. I'm happy with my decision overall. I need to check my build date to see if my hands are tied on tuning right now.

I've got an s10 that needs a LS swap. So that'll keep me busy for a few months.

Thanks again for all the input. Excited to have a fun rwd vehicle again.
Sponsored