DTC 130716 Error code on 2020 supra

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Wow. Reminds me of newer trucks. First step remove the cab.
It’s really not that bad the windshield shroud and everything is fairly simple. It took me 20 min or so first time when I switched my actuators. Ideally you don’t NEED to remove it to swap them but it gives you considerably more space

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
It’s really not that bad the windshield shroud and everything is fairly simple. It took me 20 min or so first time when I switched my actuators. Ideally you don’t NEED to remove it to swap them but it gives you considerably more space
Swapping actuators doesn't seem to be bad. I was referring to changing the center bolt out that looks ridiculous.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Swapping actuators doesn't seem to be bad. I was referring to changing the center bolt out that looks ridiculous.
Supposedly it’s not TOO bad. My original thread had someone who did it himself over a weekend. Its mainly having the correct tools to lock your timing in place before you remove it.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I figured since I’m at the end of my warranty I’d let them deal with it lol

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I figured since I’m at the end of my warranty I’d let them deal with it lol
Good call. I honestly think I could pull a head on a c175 and reseal the upper liner oring and assemble faster than replacing two bolts on that engine.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
This ever get fixed? What was the issue?
Issue for me was the vanos central bolt. I got to see it once removed. The bolt is sleeved and actuates based on oil pressure. My interior bolt section that actuates had seized and was barely allowing oil through. Potentially that seems like it could be catastrophic depending where it seized but either way that was my issue.

Adsali03

First Name
Adsy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW b48
I've got the same problem and the garage put a new accuator in the inlet side and then the EML came on during a cold start. I didn't have the EML on before it went in. All I was getting was a strange beeping noise on a cold start and it was getting louder like a sonar. Also out in fresh engine oil and oil filter. Problem still exists then swapped the accuators over and code is still on the inlet. So it is the vanos central valve on the inlet. The garage has suggested to do another engine oil but this time use a flush. Will that make much of a difference?
Sponsored