E-85 flex fuel reliability check.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Those of you on ECUTEK flex fuel set ups who now have some miles...any issues or words of caution? I'm looking at going with a visconti custom tune and downpipe and trying to make the RELIABLE sauce on an E-blend.

Just wanting to know from anyone who is already there if there's thing to look out for, or words of caution.

Thanks in advance!:beer:
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Those of you on ECUTEK flex fuel set ups who now have some miles...any issues or words of caution? I'm looking at going with a visconti custom tune and downpipe and trying to make the RELIABLE sauce on an E-blend.

Just wanting to know from anyone who is already there if there's thing to look out for, or words of caution.

My brother @George Dankha has a flex-fuel setup with an ECUTek on his 2021 Supraā€¦Marin Tuned. He might be able to give you some feedback.

RenierR10

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I have a flex fuel tune by Visconti. Iā€™ve only
Had it about a month or two. No issues so far. Installing flex fuel sensor was not too difficult. Great power. Itā€™s definitely better to get flex fuel than just E50 tune. After a while itā€™s impossible to know your exact ethanol content with varying ethanol between pumps. Love it so far.

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a flex fuel tune by Visconti. Iā€™ve only
Had it about a month or two. No issues so far. Installing flex fuel sensor was not too difficult. Great power. Itā€™s definitely better to get flex fuel than just E50 tune. After a while itā€™s impossible to know your exact ethanol content with varying ethanol between pumps. Love it so far.
Sounds like you've got the exact set up I'm looking at. Did you do down pipe also? I told Visconti I'm looking for reliability over raw power.

RenierR10

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you've got the exact set up I'm looking at. Did you do down pipe also? I told Visconti I'm looking for reliability over raw power.
Yes I have TITAN downpipe. Iā€™ve had downpipe for about year and a half. I didnā€™t keep car stock for long lol. I started out with TITAN protune, the went to BM3 stage 2 93. Those were nowhere close to what the car is now. Same here, I didnā€™t want an all out tune just for numbers.

Ghostop

First Name
John snow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Zl1 10sp 2017 civic type r

Iā€™m running the Visconti flex fuel kit with stage 1 pump and port kit . No issues to report. Tuned all the way up to E90 ?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
The only complaint ive seen... One of the local guys here had the o-ring on the Visconti Flex kit fail. It dumped a 1/4 tank in a matter of minutes. There's been a few ppl its happened to, so just keep an eye on the fuel line.

Other than that the performance on 93 is great, but going to e50/flex is outstanding. As far a tuning my preference is Mikey Botti. Either you can email him or purchase the package from @EastCoastSupra he does offer the OTS maps and Flex fuel package.

https://www.eastcoastsupra.com/product-page/ecutek-kit-featuring-mikey-botti-ots-tunes

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
The only complaint ive seen... One of the local guys here had the o-ring on the Visconti Flex kit fail. It dumped a 1/4 tank in a matter of minutes. There's been a few ppl its happened to, so just keep an eye on the fuel line.

Other than that the performance on 93 is great, but going to e50/flex is outstanding. As far a tuning my preference is Mikey Botti. Either you can email him or purchase the package from @EastCoastSupra he does offer the OTS maps and Flex fuel package.

https://www.eastcoastsupra.com/product-page/ecutek-kit-featuring-mikey-botti-ots-tunes
Botti has the sauce fellas!

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm torn between botti and Visconti. RkTunes is optional too. Not sure.
Yea I was pretty certain I was going with Visconti. Surprised to here people recommending Botti. I knew about him from the STI/WRX community didn't even know Supra was in his wheel house.

Anyone care to share why they choose Botti over Visonti?

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
i havenā€™t had the opportunity to work with Visconti yet but Iā€™ve heard nothing but great things about him and his products. However Iā€™ve done some work with Botti and seen a lot of his tunes on fellow Supraā€™s and he definitely has them dialed in.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Yea I was pretty certain I was going with Visconti. Surprised to here people recommending Botti. I knew about him from the STI/WRX community didn't even know Supra was in his wheel house.

Anyone care to share why they choose Botti over Visonti?
I looked at all the known tuners and most all have a great track record, you really cant go wrong with most of them. I was able to meet up with Mikey at a local shop and I ended up buying his Ecutek package w/OTS 93 map. I was happy with the experience and he made a 2nd trip to Florida and had him do an e50 custom tune on the dyno at Real Street performance.

They happened to be doing testing for their own car and invited us to a private test n tune. Mikey gave me suggestions since I was running drag radials for the first time and also made a fine tuning adjustment while we were at the track. YMMV, but that is my experience.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
i havenā€™t had the opportunity to work with Visconti yet but Iā€™ve heard nothing but great things about him and his products. However Iā€™ve done some work with Botti and seen a lot of his tunes on fellow Supraā€™s and he definitely has them dialed in.
I heard of great things about both of those tuners. Many locals have been tuned by them. Excellent customer service as well.......

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
My brother @George Dankha has a flex-fuel setup with an ECUTek on his 2021 Supraā€¦Marin Tuned. He might be able to give you some feedback.
let me tell you, flex fuel changes everything. My sweet spot is between e40-e60. Marin hijacked my sport display so that my torque meter reads my ethanol count. I usually run 7 gallons of 91 and 6 of E85 and that gives me a fantastic blend. I have found some gas stations have e54 so no blending needed. Itā€™s definitely a game changer. Highly recommend but must be tuned by Marin or someone as capable. There may only be like 3 total people that perform the magic Marin does. Donā€™t follow ecuteks app that locates ā€œecutek master tunersā€ because thatā€™s how i got my first pathetic tune (not by Marin). NO ISSUES AT ALL!
Sponsored

Last edited: