EcuTek Tuning - Stage 1 & 2 Tuning 91, 93, E30+ Tunes now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra Werty

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
Have you tuned any 2021s yet? I want to make sure before I start ordering parts
Sponsored

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Have you tuned any 2021s yet? I want to make sure before I start ordering parts
I haven't worked on one yet my self. However I have worked on the M340i which seems to have most of the same maps. And the Z40i also has the same engine. When it comes to tuning that engine its literally the same ecu, same mapping.... But the engine has been dialed back to be safer and less aggressive. That engine handles lower octanes easier. So it is basically easier to tune.

I see your in Arizona and I would love a car to work with. Is there any chance you are in the Phoenix area?

Supra Werty

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
I haven't worked on one yet my self. However I have worked on the M340i which seems to have most of the same maps. And the Z40i also has the same engine. When it comes to tuning that engine its literally the same ecu, same mapping.... But the engine has been dialed back to be safer and less aggressive. That engine handles lower octanes easier. So it is basically easier to tune.

I see your in Arizona and I would love a car to work with. Is there any chance you are in the Phoenix area?
I'm in Tucson. Just bought the car last week in Phoenix. I would like to drive to you and get it tuned. I want to get downpipe and exhaust first. I'll be in touch soon

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Hi Marin, do you think that the higher compression in the 2020 under meth or some high octane fuel would be an advantage at the end? For pump gas I am sure the 2021 would be way easier to tune for 91 and 93, but given equal high octane fuels, would be a real difference?

I am really interested in seeing how this new engine performs and how the 2 exhaust ports vs 6 would change the torque curve.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hi Marin, do you think that the higher compression in the 2020 under meth or some high octane fuel would be an advantage at the end? For pump gas I am sure the 2021 would be way easier to tune for 91 and 93, but given equal high octane fuels, would be a real difference?

I am really interested in seeing how this new engine performs and how the 2 exhaust ports vs 6 would change the torque curve.
The higher compression with premium grade fuels such as ethanol is more of a benefit, correct. Ive tried to tell people that were waiting for the 2021 this... You will get better turbine response (transient), and higher power output.

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Got a question about Ecutek, have a buddy who took his car to a dealer (not sure what kind of a flash he had) and the dealer deleted the tune from the car. Now since he has no copy of it he has to get another tune. Is there a way I can make a copy of the tune file from the Ecutek system onto my computer just to have in case something like this was to happen? Iā€™ve only done it with a Cobb AP on my WRX.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
From what I've read from EcuTek posts, that is indeed one advantage of EcuTek. So, yes you can save.
My response shall ease you until EcuTek sees and properly responds :)

Supra Werty

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra
Yea with ecutek the tunes stay in the cloud forever. Always accessible

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
He should have all the files that he downloaded from his tuner. If the dealer applied some new flash, wouldnā€™t that lock his ECU though?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Got a question about Ecutek, have a buddy who took his car to a dealer (not sure what kind of a flash he had) and the dealer deleted the tune from the car. Now since he has no copy of it he has to get another tune. Is there a way I can make a copy of the tune file from the Ecutek system onto my computer just to have in case something like this was to happen? Iā€™ve only done it with a Cobb AP on my WRX.
From what I've read from EcuTek posts, that is indeed one advantage of EcuTek. So, yes you can save.
My response shall ease you until EcuTek sees and properly responds :)
if you have an ecutek tune, or any tune for that matter, you should have been given the tune for you to be able to flash yourself. This is no different than any other platform. You shouldn't need "another" tune persay, if your tuner just sends you the tune to flash. Unless you don't have your own cable/programing kit. Also see below....

He should have all the files that he downloaded from his tuner. If the dealer applied some new flash, wouldnā€™t that lock his ECU though?
correct, if by chance the dealer updated the car, he probably now has the locked ECU rom. When it comes to dealer updates, when they do them, they almost always do every module, because they generally don't know how to setup the software to do individual modules.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.