Engine Oil Recommendations

SadgeChamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 3.0 Premium (soon)
Dang dude! Sorry to hear. I have a friend out there that works for Tesla. He says y’all don’t even have a track to drive your Supra on 😭
Yeah... no track out here. Kinda sucks to live here and have a nice car, you don't have many places to explore the limits of it. So we can't even take advantage of the complimentary track day 😭

He lives in Hawaii, his life can’t be that bad.
For pretty much everything else except for having fun with your car, I agree, life in Hawaii is pretty good. That is if you've got money/working a decent enough paying job, which I am lucky enough to be doing.

I wonder what the stock filter micron size is. Then compare that to the stp filter. Not all filters are created Equally.
I'll try to take a look into that. Thanks!
Sponsored

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
IMG_1916.jpeg
IMG_1917.png

Looking up at the Liqui Moly site for the BMW M440 and M240 plus G80 series M4 and these oil options for the B58 and S58.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
For a DI engine you should be using an SN+ or a SP rated oil. The SN+ was an interim specification released when engine manufacturers started having issues with LSPI. the SN+ was modified to mitigate LSPI until the new SP oil spec was released which included the same anti LSPI formula.
Note, you generally wont have an LSPI issue using the car on the track so oil recommendations from track day guys with DI engines don't necessarily mean much. It's generally road use that it causes catastrophic and sudden engine failure. It's not uncommon.

Phil
Sponsored