Engine Oil Recommendations

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Once every 5k miles if I'm not tracking it. Otherwise, always some fresh oil before the first track day of the season, and then once every 2 track days during the season (just before the next one so the car is on fresh oil -- I also carry some oil with me to the track just in case).
I always take oil with me in case she gets thirsty. But Iā€™ll consider changing it earlier since Iā€™m tracking more, being our season down here. Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I just ordered this from autozone, canā€™t wait to pour in the hood stuff! What oil change interval do you follow?
I change mine every 5K or once a year whichever occurs first.

If you can change your own oil its probably the cheapest maintenance you can do for this car.

-RJM

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Liqui moly arrived! Iā€™m about to change mine. They said 25 ft lbs for the drain plug bolt, if my torque wrench is janky i can just tighten with a ratchet by feel, right? I know itā€™s ghetto šŸ˜‚

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Liqui moly arrived! Iā€™m about to change mine. They said 25 ft lbs for the drain plug bolt, if my torque wrench is janky i can just tighten with a ratchet by feel, right? I know itā€™s ghetto šŸ˜‚
Whoa, 25 nm, not ft lbs. Thatā€™s about 18 ft lbs.

SadgeChamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 3.0 Premium (soon)
Out of curiosity... anyone have experience with STP oil filters? From what I've gathered through the forum, MANN is basically OEM and is recommended... but AutoZone says the STP S90186 fits the Supra (it's difficult to find compatible oil filters by just google searching, atleast for me). Pictures show the o-ring and crush washer. Wanted to see if there's anyway to buy the bundled items other than from FCP Euro. I was able to add to my cart 7L of 5W-30 Liqui Moly (1x LM2249 + 2x LM2248) plus the STP filter for $76.46 + tax and free shipping. Might be a better way of buying it in the US? I'm not sure. Unless the MANN filter is just better and should stick with that.

https://www.autozone.com/filters-and-pcv/oil-filter/p/stp-oil-filter-s90186/1146526_0_0

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Out of curiosity... anyone have experience with STP oil filters? From what I've gathered through the forum, MANN is basically OEM and is recommended... but AutoZone says the STP S90186 fits the Supra (it's difficult to find compatible oil filters by just google searching, atleast for me). Pictures show the o-ring and crush washer. Wanted to see if there's anyway to buy the bundled items other than from FCP Euro. I was able to add to my cart 7L of 5W-30 Liqui Moly (1x LM2249 + 2x LM2248) plus the STP filter for $76.46 + tax and free shipping. Might be a better way of buying it in the US? I'm not sure. Unless the MANN filter is just better and should stick with that.

https://www.autozone.com/filters-and-pcv/oil-filter/p/stp-oil-filter-s90186/1146526_0_0
It would be good to have options. Good question! I ended up using FCP Euro. Gotta admit they were great! Fast, quick, detailed shippingā€¦.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat

It would be good to have options. Good question! I ended up using FCP Euro. Gotta admit they were great! Fast, quick, detailed shippingā€¦.
Just buy the Mann HU6022Z filter. It's dirt cheap on RockAuto.

SadgeChamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 3.0 Premium (soon)
The only issue I have with FCP Euro is the shipping charge. Since Hawaii isn't considered part of the continental US, I need to pay an extra $15 for shipping. I might just stick with AutoZone and see how it works out.

Just buy the Mann HU6022Z filter. It's dirt cheap on RockAuto.
Same as above. The shipping charges happen to be even worse on RockAuto (even though the parts are even cheaper). Just happens to be my luck for living in the middle of the Pacific. We don't even have access to pump ethanol out here.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The only issue I have with FCP Euro is the shipping charge. Since Hawaii isn't considered part of the continental US, I need to pay an extra $15 for shipping. I might just stick with AutoZone and see how it works out.

Same as above. The shipping charges happen to be even worse on RockAuto (even though the parts are even cheaper). Just happens to be my luck for living in the middle of the Pacific. We don't even have access to pump ethanol out here.
Dang dude! Sorry to hear. I have a friend out there that works for Tesla. He says yā€™all donā€™t even have a track to drive your Supra on šŸ˜­

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium

I wonder what the stock filter micron size is. Then compare that to the stp filter. Not all filters are created Equally.
Sponsored