Eventuri Airbox Install Problems

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Oooooh this is a good idea! Have you done the install yet?
Yeah, it feels great and if you apply the coats light, it doesn't pool as bad and fill in the ridges. I did use a tiny hobby paint brush to help in some places.

I have begun my 2 week long install lmao.

Mostly waiting forever for stuff to come in the mail. Ordered small polishing pads for the dremel to polish out some light scuffs and smooth everything out. Took a few hours to do that today. Next I'll apply ceramic coating, probably tomorrow.

Also waiting on a replacement piece to come in since the one I bought did not include the panel that comes off for the headlight brake duct.

Another thought: if I have trouble keeping the inlet attached to the turbo, I MIGHT buy the CTS turbo inlet, cut it at or near the inlet adapter, and create my own hybrid adapter for the eventuri to attach to. Just brainstorming in advanced though.

Another delay, I might also wait to install the things I've been hoarding until after i take it to the dealership for the brake booster recall, so they don't annoy me or document my mods lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Took it for a test drive. I expected more intake noise, but the car is dominated so much by the loud AWE exhaust it can be difficult to tell. No doubt the thing is like a rocketship - it definitely added more power, probably moreso because of some of the other mods I have on the car. But, it seemed to change the... character of the car? It's hard to put my finger on. The throttle feels... different. Anyone else experience anything like this?
I had a similar issue with my Eventuri intake; it was louder than stock, just not by much. After swapping to the Armaspeed--while not as functional, the sounds really came to life in a big way.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Anyone have an issue with eventuri coupler slipping off the turbo inlet?

It looks like eventuri revised their installation guide and is now including a new part with the intake (see steps 8-11 in the minke below). I wonder if I can buy that piece separatelyā€¦ I contacted them like 10 mins ago so obviously they havenā€™t responded yet.

I donā€™t believe I ever received this new part and I donā€™t see it in the Kies Motorsport install video either (what I used to install my intake) so I wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue of the intake slipping off.

Link: https://www.eventuri.net/wp-content/uploads/A90-Supra-installation-V2.pdf

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG

It looks like eventuri revised their installation guide and is now including a new part with the intake (see steps 8-11 in the minke below). I wonder if I can buy that piece separatelyā€¦ I contacted them like 10 mins ago so obviously they havenā€™t responded yet.

I donā€™t believe I ever received this new part and I donā€™t see it in the Kies Motorsport install video either (what I used to install my intake) so I wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue of the intake slipping off.

i had the same issue, but eventually i tightened the giant hose clamp enough to where it wouldnā€™t come off.

eventuri did revise it to include the new snap on ring, but you have to contact eventuri directly, Theyā€™ll send you one

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
i had the same issue, but eventually i tightened the giant hose clamp enough to where it wouldnā€™t come off.

eventuri did revise it to include the new snap on ring, but you have to contact eventuri directly, Theyā€™ll send you one
Thanks for confirming!

Guess, Iā€™ll go tighten it again til eventuri responds.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium

Yes, the post you're replying to is my odyssey with exactly that (and other problems). It's the reason I dumped the $1400 intake. It's horseshit, and a poorly designed product. I'm glad they fixed it but it's terrible they waited so long. I'm sure there are plenty running the product that don't realize they are having this issue. I would love to run their kit, not for the bling, but to combat heat soak. No damn way I'm giving them another cent.

I know it's tough to tell but I'm a bit bitter about it.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yes, the post you're replying to is my odyssey with exactly that (and other problems). It's the reason I dumped the $1400 intake. It's horseshit, and a poorly designed product. I'm glad they fixed it but it's terrible they waited so long. I'm sure there are plenty running the product that don't realize they are having this issue. I would love to run their kit, not for the bling, but to combat heat soak. No damn way I'm giving them another cent.

I know it's tough to tell but I'm a bit bitter about it.
Yea unless you get in there and jiggle the mofo you canā€™t tell itā€™s not securely connected (at least I canā€™t).

What intake did you end up going with or did you go back to stock?

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yea unless you get in there and jiggle the mofo you canā€™t tell itā€™s not securely connected (at least I canā€™t).

I went back to a modified stock for a while, but now I'm running an MSTv2 and I like it. It sounds great, but is all gappy with the way it's assembled in the car. I'm not entirely happy with it from that perspective, but honestly I'm not sure I'm going to be completely happy with any intake system. Ultimately I'll probably just keep the MST and pop out the passenger side headlight (and use some kind of insert) to get a direct fresh air supply into the box.

Edit: I don't daily the car and rarely drive at night.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I must be super lucky because I encountered zero problems on the installation.. well, besides me dropping a screw into the abyss.. :nono:

I inspected the system a couple of weeks ago to clean the filter element too, everything attached back together no issue. I drove a full tank since, no errors or problems. :hmm: My Supra is a 2020.

NZ-Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Supra 2020 BMW M340i Xdrive
Was this an issue for the 6 port only?
I was about to buy this intake until I saw this thread? Have eventuri fixed this issue?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

I havenā€™t had any problems with mine on the 6-port. If you contact them about it Iā€™m sure they will send you the updated coupler for free. Their product is warrantied for life.

-RJM

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

I just went and tried to move mine around and its solid. Itā€™s been over a year since I installed it. I do remember needing to clean both surfaces with alcohol so the rubber would grip the pipe properly.

RJM

IMG_6415.jpeg

Last edited:

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I havenā€™t had any problems with mine on the 6-port. If you contact them about it Iā€™m sure they will send you the updated coupler for free. Their product is warrantied for life.

-RJM
I did end up contacting them and they sold me the coupler for 115 bucks (including shipping). Hasn't shipped yet though...

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I will go wiggle mine around and see what it does. It felt solid when I installed it over a year ago.

RJM
Mine stayed solid for the first two air filter changes (ha this intake since 2020). Then this crap started happening. I THINK I got it tight enough that it hasn't slipped off in few of the last drives but I still want that coupler that I'm now waiting for from eventuri.
Sponsored