Everything up to 50k miles

Gappuccino58

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Premium
Good afternoon folks, I am looking for guidance and advice regarding maintenance on a 21 3.0 premium. This is my first turbo car and I am not very knowledgeable regarding maintenance for the Supra. I have only done oil changes (5w30) every 5k miles up until 50k miles. I know it sounds bad.

I wanted to ask what should I be checking, changing/replacing, topping off, everything for the supra for 50k miles? I know I need to replace the cabin and engine filters, brake fluid, and spark plugs. Also, I am looking for recommendations of which fluids, spark plugs, and filters to get as well as anything else I will need to be up to date for maintenance at 50,000 miles. Any tips for performing these maintenances would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you guys so much for your time and patience.

Mods:
JB4 Map 6 (E40) Jesse Map
Boostlogic Catless DP
Armaspeed CAI
Xhp tune Stage 3
Tomei Exhaust
Sponsored

Mark5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2
Sorry I have a off-topic question... How reliable has your Supra been up to 50k miles?

Good afternoon folks, I am looking for guidance and advice regarding maintenance on a 21 3.0 premium. This is my first turbo car and I am not very knowledgeable regarding maintenance for the Supra. I have only done oil changes (5w30) every 5k miles up until 50k miles. I know it sounds bad.

I wanted to ask what should I be checking, changing/replacing, topping off, everything for the supra for 50k miles? I know I need to replace the cabin and engine filters, brake fluid, and spark plugs. Also, I am looking for recommendations of which fluids, spark plugs, and filters to get as well as anything else I will need to be up to date for maintenance at 50,000 miles. Any tips for performing these maintenances would be greatly appreciated also.

Mods:
Boostlogic Catless DP
Armaspeed CAI
Xhp tune Stage 3
Tomei Exhaust

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Mods:
Boostlogic Catless DP
Armaspeed CAI
Xhp tune Stage 3
Tomei Exhaust
Not to sound sour but your manual has maintenance schedule and guidance as to what to inspect/replace. Bare minimum!
Sure, you've not done any and looking for immediate care. At least you've done the most important especially as you're tuned..
I think you should look into flushing trans oil.
Did I understand you correctly? You've done oil change but not oil filter??
Unless the nearest Toyota dealer is 1000 miles from you, ah. Whatever. Turbo or not, if you're not taking your car to service, at least read the manual. Especially especially especially since you're tuned.................šŸ¤¬

OP
OP
Gappuccino58

Gappuccino58

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Premium
Not to sound sour but your manual has maintenance schedule and guidance as to what to inspect/replace. Bare minimum!
Sure, you've not done any and looking for immediate care. At least you've done the most important especially as you're tuned..
I think you should look into flushing trans oil.
Did I understand you correctly? You've done oil change but not oil filter??
Unless the nearest Toyota dealer is 1000 miles from you, ah. Whatever. Turbo or not, if you're not taking your car to service, at least read the manual. Especially especially especially since you're tuned.................šŸ¤¬
Hi, yes I looked at the manual. I just wanted some clarification on "inspect and adjust all fluid levels". It was vague and I wanted to know which fluids to specifically inspect and adjust. I wanted to take on maintenance myself because I wanted to learn more and do it myself. So it looks like I will be flushing the trans oil and brake fluid. I do change the oil filter when I do my oil changes haha. I appreciate your time and help!

OP
OP
Gappuccino58

Gappuccino58

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Premium
Sorry I have a off-topic question... How reliable has your Supra been up to 50k miles?
Hey man! Not a problem. It's been as reliable as it can be. As in, I have not had any issues at all. I did have an oil consumption issue but I switched to 5W30 and haven't had a warning come up to add a quart since then. I daily it year round in all types of weather. I manage with all seasons fine, little slip and slide but nothing crazy lol. If you have any specific concerns, I can try to address but generally, no problems!

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
Hey man! Not a problem. It's been as reliable as it can be. As in, I have not had any issues at all. I did have an oil consumption issue but I switched to 5W30 and haven't had a warning come up to add a quart since then. I daily it year round in all types of weather. I manage with all seasons fine, little slip and slide but nothing crazy lol. If you have any specific concerns, I can try to address but generally, no problems!
Agreed. Iā€™m at 54k miles and it hasnā€™t had any issues. Only had one time where a low coolant alert came up but other than that, itā€™s been solid

OP
OP
Gappuccino58

Gappuccino58

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Premium
Agreed. Iā€™m at 54k miles and it hasnā€™t had any issues. Only had one time where a low coolant alert came up but other than that, itā€™s been solid
Oh yes! I forgot, that happened to me too lol, just topped it off and its been fine since.

OP
OP
Gappuccino58

Gappuccino58

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Premium
Damn I donā€™t get to drive my car enough; 14k miles on my ā€˜21. I canā€™t bring myself to drive it in the wet salty mess of a northeast winter. It hibernates.
I completely understand. I literally take it to the carwash every time there's snow/salt out to spray underneath. Sometimes I wonder if I should take it easy but I just love this car so much. I look forward to it every day for the last 2 years. It helps me get through the day lol

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Iā€™ll put these on here for you or anyone that may pick their car up used and not have the maintenance schedule for their Supra.

E69F33F5-9356-43BA-8C56-A33AEF731578.jpeg
28C7EABA-FBDE-4216-9784-DDABC6B2E93F.jpeg
D8B67B99-98F7-47BE-AA4C-9537A19698CA.jpeg
C1EC99BB-D7D5-432D-AF52-9DC7F6330D01.jpeg

In addition BMW dealerships will typically service the Supra according to the Z4 service schedule:

88F2E80F-F625-490B-B94D-764CB55329C8.jpeg

Last edited: