Everything wrong with my car

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I don’t know what your fuel setup looks like, but my brz on ecutek and e85 would hard start whenever outside temps were below 50. Also occasionally after filling with e”85”. Eventually decided that doing math at the pump is just not accurate enough without an analyzer showing true ethanol content in your tank. You never really know how many gallons are in the tank…I don’t know how much room for ethanol content error there is running e30 and e40 tunes, but I would want to be pretty exact.

and you can get rid of that tire warning, next time it pops up navigate to tire settings for the rear wheels and select “other tire size” it will then re-learn and save for you. Just make sure your psi is where you want it when you do it.
So I have the Fuel-It ethanol analyzer and always get the mix within 1-2 ethanol of my tune, so since I'm tuned on E40 I always keep it at either E41 or E42. I've been running an E blend now for about 9 months and have literally never experienced this until now so I'm assuming it's probably just bad gas.

I also do have the "other tire size" selected in my settings. What is odd is that when I first got the tires and wheels installed I had to choose those settings in order to calibrate the TPMS sensors, and at first, for probably a month or two, I never saw this message. Perhaps I need to do it again.
Sponsored

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
So I have the Fuel-It ethanol analyzer and always get the mix within 1-2 ethanol of my tune, so since I'm tuned on E40 I always keep it at either E41 or E42. I've been running an E blend now for about 9 months and have literally never experienced this until now so I'm assuming it's probably just bad gas.

I also do have the "other tire size" selected in my settings. What is odd is that when I first got the tires and wheels installed I had to choose those settings in order to calibrate the TPMS sensors, and at first, for probably a month or two, I never saw this message. Perhaps I need to do it again.
We have unfortunately hit the end of my troubleshooting tree 😅. Still very new to this car.

I guess it could be bad gas if it can’t be explained away by a drop in outside air temp. Happening for the first time immediately after refueling seems like the smoking gun

Maybe disconnect and reconnect the battery and then go back through the tire setting?I just changed tire sizes on Sunday and went through this andhave not had the message come back.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We have unfortunately hit the end of my troubleshooting tree 😅. Still very new to this car.

I guess it could be bad gas if it can’t be explained away by a drop in outside air temp. Happening for the first time immediately after refueling seems like the smoking gun

Maybe disconnect and reconnect the battery and then go back through the tire setting?I just changed tire sizes on Sunday and went through this andhave not had the message come back.
Yea I will actually try the battery disconnect and hopefully that helps.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Yea I will actually try the battery disconnect and hopefully that helps.
You need to calibrate the tires (sensors) again. There should be a little bar that pops up the the main dash display (bottom right) that tells you what % its at while driving around. If you dont drive around until it hits 100%, the warning will never go away. Typically only takes a mile or two to calibrate it.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You need to calibrate the tires (sensors) again. There should be a little bar that pops up the the main dash display (bottom right) that tells you what % its at while driving around. If you dont drive around until it hits 100%, the warning will never go away. Typically only takes a mile or two to calibrate it.
The weird thing is is that the sensors work perfectly fine, they are calibrated. They show tire pressure, tire temperature, everything. The car just pops up the message "tire change recognized" on every startup

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
The weird thing is is that the sensors work perfectly fine, they are calibrated. They show tire pressure, tire temperature, everything. The car just pops up the message "tire change recognized" on every startup
Exactly. The same message pops up when you rotate the tires. You have to reset the monitor still. Go under the tire menu and you will see it.

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Brought the car to the dealer 11/29, so far 4/6 things are being addressed quickly, the 2 tough ones haven't been investigated truly yet.

Rattle they found was a panel near the floor, they're going to use some form of foam tape to stop it, they tried to pin this on me at first but I pushed back, stating that cars rattle and I should do the foam tape, given the amt of issues my car has I said thats bs trying to put it on me, fix it yourselves. Awaiting final update

Seat heater they have now ordered a whole new heating pad, per the scan tool it was current too high on the heating circuit, they need to have an upholsterer do the install so I'm concerned and optimistic at the same time it will be done properly.

Window switch sticking they say they can't reproduce, maybe it just needed some cycles. The previous owner and I have put 17k miles on the car but mostly single person commuting miles.

Dust covers they're claiming is normal and even compared it to another supra, if anyone can show me a picture of their dust covers connected unlike mine please send me a photo, I don't agree with them yet.

Brake whine and oscillating throttle is pending them putting the car back together from the seat heater repair to then attempt to diagnose. I showed a video for the whining and the tech believes me now, I fear it could turn into a rabbit hole of debugging and throwing parts at the car though.

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Dealer claims they can't reproduce the brake whining noise... but I have a video of it:

Dealer claims they can't reproduce the sine wave noise.... but I have a video of it:

They gave me the car back and opened a TAS case which they say could take 3-5 days to get a response. I'm 99% sure I can reproduce both issues, so aside from getting another video, how do I make these people identify and fix the issue?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
My passenger window goes ½ way down if attempted to put it up. I have to inch it up very carefully and it’s pretty close to almost closed. Now I got to deal with these guys again @Xproplayer. Totally dreading it! But at least I can reproduce it easily.

Have you tried a different dealer? I’m definitely going to use another one - 30 miles away.

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
My passenger window goes ½ way down if attempted to put it up. I have to inch it up very carefully and it’s pretty close to almost closed. Now I got to deal with these guys again @Xproplayer. Totally dreading it! But at least I can reproduce it easily.

Have you tried a different dealer? I’m definitely going to use another one - 30 miles away.
This is actually the second dealer, I'm in a very populated area (Bay Area, CA) so maybe worst case I just drive another 20-30 mins for a different dealer.

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Update(s):

1. Whining on car braking, seems magically fixed, OR when the dealer put a seat module back where it belongs they fixed it? They haven't done anything to fix it but I haven't seen it in a while, maybe cold temperatures hide it and it'll come back next year.

2. Rattling from a speaker, they fixed with foam tape, there is still something off but it's mostly fixed now so not going to fight it more

3. Dust shields they said is normal and no action taken

4. Drivers seat heater fixed, no problems, no fuss, just works (except... point 7)

5. Passenger window switch sticking when pressed all the way down, non-reproducible by dealer and me, I bet they smashed it a few times and it's fine now, but it's fine now so whatever.

6. Sine wave resonance / frequency / whirring / oscillation sound they were able to reproduce when the car went back again, but consider it normal. They did point out my tires are generally 3/32nds, so I will probably do something about the tires and track the car before bringing it back to burn those tires. They then threw in wise words of wisdom like "recommend not using sport mode for daily driving" (fucking lol) and "powertrain will be louder in sport mode and higher rpm". For now going to get more videos and maybe some other videos of other Supras. Apparently even TAS considers it normal.

7. Damage to my car. While in the dealer for the seat heater issue and initial investigation of all the other issues they left two small dings in the plastic leading edge and some rubbing, but it's been fixed by their certified body shop with only touchup paint and blending.

If anyone is willing to send a video of driving in full sport mode at 40mph ~2750 RPM that'd be cool but no real need.

Overall still a bit disappointed in Supra ownership, but still being covered by these warranties is nice. Only problem I can see now is if I track soon then bring back they might try to blame things falsely, but now I have history.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Update(s):

1. Whining on car braking, seems magically fixed, OR when the dealer put a seat module back where it belongs they fixed it? They haven't done anything to fix it but I haven't seen it in a while, maybe cold temperatures hide it and it'll come back next year.

2. Rattling from a speaker, they fixed with foam tape, there is still something off but it's mostly fixed now so not going to fight it more

3. Dust shields they said is normal and no action taken

4. Drivers seat heater fixed, no problems, no fuss, just works (except... point 7)

5. Passenger window switch sticking when pressed all the way down, non-reproducible by dealer and me, I bet they smashed it a few times and it's fine now, but it's fine now so whatever.

6. Sine wave resonance / frequency / whirring / oscillation sound they were able to reproduce when the car went back again, but consider it normal. They did point out my tires are generally 3/32nds, so I will probably do something about the tires and track the car before bringing it back to burn those tires. They then threw in wise words of wisdom like "recommend not using sport mode for daily driving" (fucking lol) and "powertrain will be louder in sport mode and higher rpm". For now going to get more videos and maybe some other videos of other Supras. Apparently even TAS considers it normal.

7. Damage to my car. While in the dealer for the seat heater issue and initial investigation of all the other issues they left two small dings in the plastic leading edge and some rubbing, but it's been fixed by their certified body shop with only touchup paint and blending.

If anyone is willing to send a video of driving in full sport mode at 40mph ~2750 RPM that'd be cool but no real need.

Overall still a bit disappointed in Supra ownership, but still being covered by these warranties is nice. Only problem I can see now is if I track soon then bring back they might try to blame things falsely, but now I have history.
Dang, sorry to hear dude 😞

I will say tracking her makes me feel a lot better about any other shortcomings. She handles beautifully. And I don’t drive her lightly at all. But that’s where my main appreciation is at. She probably just needs a good track spanking. Go deliver it!

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
anyone have any issues with their Gas Cap Fill door? Mine doesn't always unlock when I unlock the car. But coincidentally, it never has an issue when I bring it in. I show video but that's not enough apparently.

I'm afraid I'm gonna be on E and won't be able to open it at a gas station...

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
anyone have any issues with their Gas Cap Fill door? Mine doesn't always unlock when I unlock the car. But coincidentally, it never has an issue when I bring it in. I show video but that's not enough apparently.

I'm afraid I'm gonna be on E and won't be able to open it at a gas station...
Gas cap door is weird. I had the problem too so I just started bringing my key out with me cause the car locks sometimes so you have to unlock it for the gas cap door to open.

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Dang, sorry to hear dude 😞

I will say tracking her makes me feel a lot better about any other shortcomings. She handles beautifully. And I don’t drive her lightly at all. But that’s where my main appreciation is at. She probably just needs a good track spanking. Go deliver it!
Car has been naughty and needs that track spanking, checking with my group for an upcoming event Jan 15 / 16! Wish me luck, I'm concerned as I've gone off track a few times in my BRZ and everything Supra is much more expensive. I'll probably do sim time as well to hone basic countersteer
Sponsored