Everything wrong with my car

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
sammme. Big pain. What codes do you get?
I get driver assist failure, camera malfunction, backup camera error, low tire pressure, and sometimes oil level low
Driver Restraint malfunction, Passenger restraint malfunction, collision warning malfunction, auto lamp malfunction, emergency call malfunction, driver assist malfunction

Car really wants me to take it into a toyota dealer ...
Sponsored

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
I don't even know I just clear the screen and gap anyone that looks at me wrong going to Starbucks and to pick up my kid from school. F them soccer moms....bang bang pop braaaaap wooosh ...Supra bitch!

The around the 30th Toyota Financial reminds me better tone it down that aint your car yet!

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I still have under 1k miles, so not much for me. Lots of noises but I added SPL noise enhancers, so I was expecting that. Steering and brakes feel incredible but I added stuff for that too. My AppleCar play goes out sometimes. I learned not to erase and discover my iPhone again. Just a waste of time. The car eventually finds it again and doesnā€™t happen too often. My CEL comes on and off despite bid daddyā€™s mini CAT claiming that wouldnā€™t happen. But it does go off sometimes and I know what itā€˜s from. Then I drive it on the track and OMG, I forget the car has any quirks at allā€¦ I begin to obsess again on more things I want to buy, dress her up with and make her even better & faster on track.

Definitely take it to a dealer and ensure itā€™s safe and you are satisfied, under warrantee. Then use your free track day if you havenā€™t already. Itā€™s such a joy dude!
Yea I love this car, when I'm mad at it with one of the listed issues, I just find a moment where I can go full throttle and throw the car through a corner and the worries go away, but then come back when I'm just stuck running errands.

At this point it seems like any 2-3k rpm maintenance throttle is causing a churning sound :/

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yea I love this car, when I'm mad at it with one of the listed issues, I just find a moment where I can go full throttle and throw the car through a corner and the worries go away, but then come back when I'm just stuck running errands.

At this point it seems like any 2-3k rpm maintenance throttle is causing a churning sound :/
Check your diff fluid.

Edit: Wait, it's only on application of the throttle?

Last edited:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I haven't noticed it when coasting, is a check in this case a drain and refill?
Correcting myself, if it's an on-throttle noise it's less likely it's the differential, but still possible. In terms of checking the fluid, on this car, I have no idea. Never done it myself and use a shop to do that kind of stuff. I'm sure someone will chime in with the info.

I've done minimal intake mods on my car. Aftermarket air filter, turbo inlet pipe, some dremel work on things inside of the airbox. There is kind of a churning and gurgling intake noise at low RPMs when giving it gas. I've actually noticed this more with the engine cover off, but that just may be coincidental. Low RPM high gear?

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Check your diff fluid.

Edit: Wait, it's only on application of the throttle?
One good thing about frequently tracking is that you change all the fluids regularly. Makes me wonder how bad Iā€™m ā€œneglectingā€œ my non-track rides šŸ¤”. Good post btw @Xproplayer. Iā€™m really sorry youā€™re having so much trouble. If the dealer canā€™t fix everything, try a local race shop.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
#6 is due to active sound design -- they pipe fake engine noise through the stereo system speakers (a BMW feature). I find it annoying and disable it on my BMWs when possible. On some cars you just need to pull a specific fuse. Don't know about the Supra, but since it's on a G platform there is probably a fuse for it.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Nothing wrong with the strut dust boots if they only look like that when vehicle is off the ground and strut fully extended. As soon as you lower it back down, the boot drops down and fully covers the strut rod. Not remotely something to worry about.

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
#6 is due to active sound design -- they pipe fake engine noise through the stereo system speakers (a BMW feature). I find it annoying and disable it on my BMWs when possible. On some cars you just need to pull a specific fuse. Don't know about the Supra, but since it's on a G platform there is probably a fuse for it.
Active sound design didn't do this when I had it enabled, this is a constant pulsing and ASD has been disabled via bimmercode on my car for the majority of ownership

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Active sound design didn't do this when I had it enabled, this is a constant pulsing and ASD has been disabled via bimmercode on my car for the majority of ownership
I still had droning harmonics after trying to disable ASD with Bimmercode, but pulling the ASD fuse ultimately got rid of them. Some of the issues are due to how the ASD sound processor interfaces with the car audio and speakers.

OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I still had droning harmonics after trying to disable ASD with Bimmercode, but pulling the ASD fuse ultimately got rid of them. Some of the issues are due to how the ASD sound processor interfaces with the car audio and speakers.
The issue only started in the last month, and I've owned the car for ~6 months, is that expected?

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I suppose I can add my issues to this thread.

1: Brace behind rear seat recently started squeaking when going over imperfections in the road. Easily ignored because I drive with the windows down 90% of the time or with music cranked up pretty loud the other 10%, both of which will drown the noise out completely.

2: The last two times I've started my car up it's idled like absolute shit, almost shutting off it's idled so bad at times. It will do this for about 10-15 seconds if you leave it alone, but if I turn the car off and immediately start it back up it's perfectly fine. Almost seems like an issue with the startup roar that is built into these cars, either way, some weird shit. The first time it happened the car actually failed to start after the first turn-over attempt. This was immediately after adding some of my local E85 into the tank to mix to my desired E blend, so perhaps I've found myself with some bad gas.

3: I have aftermarket wheels and tires, and even though the TPMS sensors are calibrated and work properly, every time I start the car it always gives me the "Tire Change detected" message on the infotainment system. It's easy to get rid of, just a single button press, but still annoying to be seeing it after 50+ start ups.

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
I suppose I can add my issues to this thread.

1: Brace behind rear seat recently started squeaking when going over imperfections in the road. Easily ignored because I drive with the windows down 90% of the time or with music cranked up pretty loud the other 10%, both of which will drown the noise out completely.

2: The last two times I've started my car up it's idled like absolute shit, almost shutting off it's idled so bad at times. It will do this for about 10-15 seconds if you leave it alone, but if I turn the car off and immediately start it back up it's perfectly fine. Almost seems like an issue with the startup roar that is built into these cars, either way, some weird shit. The first time it happened the car actually failed to start after the first turn-over attempt. This was immediately after adding some of my local E85 into the tank to mix to my desired E blend, so perhaps I've found myself with some bad gas.

3: I have aftermarket wheels and tires, and even though the TPMS sensors are calibrated and work properly, every time I start the car it always gives me the "Tire Change detected" message on the infotainment system. It's easy to get rid of, just a single button press, but still annoying to be seeing it after 50+ start ups.
I donā€™t know what your fuel setup looks like, but my brz on ecutek and e85 would hard start whenever outside temps were below 50. Also occasionally after filling with eā€85ā€. Eventually decided that doing math at the pump is just not accurate enough without an analyzer showing true ethanol content in your tank. You never really know how many gallons are in the tankā€¦I donā€™t know how much room for ethanol content error there is running e30 and e40 tunes, but I would want to be pretty exact.

and you can get rid of that tire warning, next time it pops up navigate to tire settings for the rear wheels and select ā€œother tire sizeā€ it will then re-learn and save for you. Just make sure your psi is where you want it when you do it.
Sponsored