Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Yes please try and get some before and afters, I'm sure they'll be amenable to letting you film, if anything it'll promote them 😉
Sponsored

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
I'll add these to my gallery thread as well.

Here's how it sounds stationary with the Akrapovic titanium slip on silencer, no other mods. (So OPF and CAT in place etc)
Slightly deeper tone than stock, but no significant increase in volume.

Cold start, including the £3500 of Akrapovic valve rattle:

Warmed up and a little rev:

In fairness the rattle goes as soon as she comes off the cold idle, but I have contacted Akrapovic to ask if it's normal behaviour or not.

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
So I just fitted the Akrapovic rear section this morning, I wasn't expecting much and not much is what I got, a tiny difference in tone and volume. Furthermore not overly impressed with build quality, the exhaust valve slot is not at the same angle in relation to the mount for the actuator as the stock one. I had to put about a 10% bend on the spring to make it fit, but the axis is out of alignment as well. It works but I'm not impressed for what should be top notch.

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
Be interested to hear what you end you end up doing. I've already had the "OEM backbox mod" done, and whilst it definitely makes a difference, I'm still looking for some additional volume, whilst retaining the deep sound. The dilemma\options are:
1 - OPF Delete (probably going to make the biggest difference)
2 - Catted Downpipe (easily reversible)
3 - Replace rear silencer

Options 1 & 2 would invalidate my warranty, whilst option 3 probably wouldn't release enough sound.
I ordered and fitted today the Akrapovic OPF back, see my above post. i wasn't prepared to pay the even sillier price for their OPF delete section, so I ordered this instead:
https://www.echappement-ragazzon.co...00-ragazzon.html?search_query=supra&results=9
I'm going to fit it later because I have a 3000 mile, 6 country, road trip coming up and don't want to risk a check light or worse limp mode while I'm away. When I get back we'll see if it finally makes proper sports car noises or not.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Shame the new exhaust didn't release any noise, the OEM exhaust mod definitely does, just not enough.

Amazing, please make sure you keep us updated on how it sounds.

What's your plan to code the error out? Remap or the harness you can buy?

Enjoy the road trip.

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
Shame the new exhaust didn't release any noise, the OEM exhaust mod definitely does, just not enough.

Amazing, please make sure you keep us updated on how it sounds.

What's your plan to code the error out? Remap or the harness you can buy?

Enjoy the road trip.
There's a little bit of extra noise, but not enough to change the driving experience. From videos I've seen I'd say it makes about the same noise level now in sport as the stock US version does in comfort. You can get the odd pop and bag out of it by trying really hard, but you still hear most of it being muffled in the particle filter.

I bought this harness:
https://bluesparkautomotive.com/leib-opf-emulator

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll be interested in hearing your experience, thanks for sharing. I'm still scouring the tonnes of exhaust options but R44 performance (UK based) do their own titanium one another one on my list at the moment.

There's only 1 YT video which shows it, not much else on it. It would be interesting to see if anyone on here has got it and if they can recommend it?

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
reading the details on the deleter module, is it me or is the OPF deleter just the cable? seems if there's no actual electronic module fooling the ECU and it just jumpers the wires together seems a bit excessive cost for that?

If that's the case it might be worth me looking into making my own for 1/3rd the cost 😂

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I just fitted the Akrapovic rear section this morning, I wasn't expecting much and not much is what I got, a tiny difference in tone and volume. Furthermore not overly impressed with build quality, the exhaust valve slot is not at the same angle in relation to the mount for the actuator as the stock one. I had to put about a 10% bend on the spring to make it fit, but the axis is out of alignment as well. It works but I'm not impressed for what should be top notch.
I spoke to the UK distributor about the issues with mine, (valve rattle) and they are going to replace the entire silencer under warranty from the sounds of it.
Akrapovic seems very active on customer service, which given the price I guess they should be!

(The only reason I went with the Akrapovic was because of the planned OPF & CAT delete, if you don't do that you are paying £3.5k for a lighter silencer with no real sound benefit on an OPF fitted car.)

...anyway, give Akrapovic customer services a try. :)

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
So much for the glorified build quality of Akrapovic. Not worth the money at all imho, but atleast the tips look cool.

May I ask why you guys went with the Akra instead of Remus or Millteks race variants? They offer more sound while still retaining the OPF and also being cheaper. Are they not approved in your country?

Last edited:

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So much for the glorified build quality of Akrapovic. Not worth the money at all imho, but atleast the tips look cool.

May I ask why you guys went with the Akra instead of Remus or Millteks race variants? They offer more sound while still retaining the OPF while also being cheaper. Are they not approved on your country?
From my perspective it's because I've gone full deCAT/OPF removal and actually wanted to ensure the final output wasn't too anti-social, so I knew what I was getting and had a plan etc.
I would only recommend the Akrapovic silencer for non-OPF cars if you want to increase noise a little.

I'm no Akrapovic fan boy, but I wouldn't slate them over this - I've highlighted the issue to them and they came back within 6 hours with a solution - they even contacted the fitting dealer in advance.
Every product can have issues, it's the support that counts.

If after mine has been replaced the issue remains then I may change my opinion! 😂

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra

May I ask why you guys went with the Akra instead of Remus or Millteks race variants? They offer more sound while still retaining the OPF and also being cheaper. Are they not approved on your country?
My view is that the resell of the exhaust separately when I part with the car would be higher. Also with my intention to remove the OPF filter as well I don't want it to be too antisocial.

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
As an update on sound, I've already discovered that the OBF baffling seemed to become less efficient when hot even with the standard rear section and the same is the case but more with the Akrapovic. I even had a succession of proper pops and bags (3 to be exact:p) on hard lift off the other day.
Sponsored