Extended warranty: did you get one?

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
I may take a look again at extended warranty options after 25,000 miles have elapsed. While I have great confidence in the build quality from Magna Steyr and the engineering which went into the B58TU variant, the BMW group supply chain is the X factor. Would also need to consider what my needs in life are at that point.
Sponsored

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I did not, when you're interested in the car they tell you ohhh this car is amazing bro. Then when you're with finance, this car could break down anytime 😂

Facts! finance guy was dope, but he tried the whole "you'd want this to protect your electronics you never know"

Then I didn't add that or any other extra extended options and when I'm picking up my car you see the head Finance guy yelling at him cause he really didn't try to upsell me hahaha

Patar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tungsten MK5 Supra (RIP), 2022 Nitro Yellow
I might bite the bullet and get it (can you still after purchase?). I already got the electronics one knowing BMWs gremlins but opted out of everything else. I used to have one on my WRX and they straight up replaced my motor with a 2.5 STI when I blew the 2.0 going up a hill. $4k paid to the shop directly.

sour

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Sorry for reviving an older thread. Dumb question but I probably can't purchase the cheaper warranty in the US and use it in Canada right? :p

Got quoted 3069+200 defer fee and taxed (for 84/120) when I reached out to the dealer. Can anyone else in Canada who bought an extended warranty mention how much they paid?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I keep seeing people saying the car only has a 3 year/36 mile warranty when in reality:

Bumper to bumper: 3yr/36k miles
Powertrain: 5yr/60k miles

I really hope nobody is buying an "extended powertrain warranty" that is under 5 years. lol

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I keep seeing people saying the car only has a 3 year/36 mile warranty when in reality:

Bumper to bumper: 3yr/36k miles
Powertrain: 5yr/60k miles

I really hope nobody is buying an "extended powertrain warranty" that is under 5 years. lol
And anything relating to emissions is covered by the federal mandated 8yr/80k miles.