External WG pulls

shaloot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
Hoping to collect some sound / video links in one place, of clips with external wastegates on B58’s please. I’ve scoured all of YouTube numerous times. There really isn’t too much out there with no music on top or already very loud exhaust.

I’d really like to keep a high flow cat & stock or fairly quiet cat-back exhaust, but go top mount and external WGs, looking for some clips of this or close to this for the motivation lol.
Highway pulls, dyno pulls, anything like that where the gates are cracking open please. Ideally manual transmission but can’t find many of those yet.
Thanks in advance!

As a side point, feel free to share any issues you have faced with boost control after ditching the stock electronic gate and going to your dual standard WG setup.
Sponsored

mkvB58KING

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I can get some clips this weekend. I have a dual wastegate setup on a 6870 top mount. They are incredibly loud, so loud I thought there was something wrong with my engine.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I can get some clips this weekend. I have a dual wastegate setup on a 6870 top mount. They are incredibly loud, so loud I thought there was something wrong with my engine.
the first time hearing a b58 with EW, combined with t51R was shocking lol.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
It's literally just going to be a wall of noise?

OP
OP

shaloot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 Supra
the first time hearing a b58 with EW, combined with t51R was shocking lol.
Yes please lol the kid in me wants the same though some of these T51R inserts are a bit over the top. Having it on a stock turbo I think would drive me insane hearing it at 1-2k rpm. Though with something more laggy, i think it would compliment it well

I would love that, thanks so much. For me it’s more about keeping the car quiet when not at max boost. Would rather have a quiet catback but open WG dumps.
Anything you’d be willing to share I’d greatly appreciate
Sponsored