dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
pics?

no way you "torched" stock rotors on "spirited" road driving.
I wouldn’t describe this as “spirited” driving. The tail specifically but also surrounding roads are very brake heavy especially when on the down hill sides. Most of the roads aren’t fast enough or give significant time off the brakes to cool them properly.

There were multiple cars with ruined OEM brakes after this trip. Anyone running upgraded pads and factory rotors also still had issues. Everyone running upgraded rotors and pads had zero issues.

You can see the score lines and some of the discoloration in the photo I already posted above. The pads glazed over, the rotor is scored, and has uneven discoloration (aka hard spots). The rotors are done, I’m not gonna argue about my own experience that I personally dealt with.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dzeleski

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
thanks for the thread, I was just looking at these tires and the Indy 500s. Good to know these run big.

Question for those who have TEs. So 265/35/19 will rub ?
I don’t think 265s would rub as long as you aren’t slammed. I’m just ever so slightly rubbing now on the 275 which is really a 285. But again I’m not slammed, only lowed by about a half inch or so.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I’ve done track days, racing, and instructing for almost a decade now. I’m not about to get into an argument about how I want my own car setup.
Odd to think that a person trying to help was actually trying to argue with you?

In any case, hope to see you out at the NY and New England tracks! Beers after.

Al.B

First Name
Alin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
On stock springs and no spacers, RT660 265/295-35 on stock rims didn’t rub at all street or aggressive Ax.

OP
OP
dzeleski

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Odd to think that a person trying to help was actually trying to argue with you?

In any case, hope to see you out at the NY and New England tracks! Beers after.
I didnt ask for help lol. If I needed help I would have asked for help. I simply stated that I had issues with the brakes and then got comments that there is nothing wrong with them, which obviously isnt helpful.

Ill most likely be at NJMP at some point this year a few times. Still need to use my NASA benefit as well.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I didnt ask for help lol. If I needed help I would have asked for help. I simply stated that I had issues with the brakes and then got comments that there is nothing wrong with them, which obviously isnt helpful.
You know that wasn't what the comments where actually about. So hard-headed. You must be a hit at parties.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
You know that wasn't what the comments where actually about. So hard-headed. You must be a hit at parties.
yep, lots of folks trying to save him money. But if he is dead set to upgrade his rotors for spirited street driving and a couple times at a track more power to him

OP
OP
dzeleski

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
It was injected from someone elses comment when I mentioned what I was going to do to solve my problem. Even if the stock rotors were completely fine I would be swapping to something else that was actually coated to prevent rust from falling out of the rotors and coating my wheels. Sorry you cant handle someone elses opinion on solving a problem. I didnt ask for an opinion or advice I already knew what I was going to do and said that I was going to buy RB rotors with CSG pads. I have had issues with OEM rotors in the past and im not going to mess around with them when I see the exact same issues as I have seen in the past. I know what I want on the car and im going to buy it and install it, end of discussion. The point of this thread was the tires because there was not much info on running them with this car, not the rotors.

yep, lots of folks trying to save him money. But if he is dead set to upgrade his rotors for spirited street driving and a couple times at a track more power to him
Im not sure how this is such a wild concept but im not gonna reply to it again. Im busy, I fly around on business, have other hobbies that have expiration on currency, or have my weekends tied up in general. My time is worth more then 2k in rotors when that means I have a lower chance of things going wrong the few times per year im actually able to get to the track these days.

People spend thousands on useless dress up shit for their engine bay and you two are more worried about someone spending 2k on actual quality race parts. Hilarious.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Dude posts on the internet for everyone to see. People give input, opinions and tips, mostly helpful, to open up a discussion. Dude freaks out and yells at people instead.

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
I don’t think 265s would rub as long as you aren’t slammed. I’m just ever so slightly rubbing now on the 275 which is really a 285. But again I’m not slammed, only lowed by about a half inch or so.
Damn, I am really looking for that squared sidewall look but not sure if 265/35 and 285/35 is going to give me that … I am afraid the 285 is going to look stretched on the 10.5 rear rim.

I heard the Indy’s run big. I would have opted for a 305/30 but they only go up to 285/35

OP
OP
dzeleski

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Dude posts on the internet for everyone to see. People give input, opinions and tips, mostly helpful, to open up a discussion. Dude freaks out and yells at people instead.
If you think this is yelling at the internet you should take a moment to look at some of the threads where others got banned. No where have I freaked out here. No where have I insulted anyone or made fun of someone. These types of nonsense circle jerk conversations are the reason people don’t post or stop posting.

I came here to share what I thought about a car and specifically tires. Not get harassed into defending why I’m going to upgrade my brakes. You would think im spending your money. Keep moving your goal posts though.

OP
OP
dzeleski

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Damn, I am really looking for that squared sidewall look but not sure if 265/35 and 285/35 is going to give me that … I am afraid the 285 is going to look stretched on the 10.5 rear rim.

I heard the Indy’s run big. I would have opted for a 305/30 but they only go up to 285/35
With the rt660s 265 and 285 I don’t think would look stretched. I would guess they would be largely square with maybe just being ever so slightly smaller.

295 is a little bubbled on my rear it’s really close to how a 305 would look.

Honestly shoot Falken an email. I reached out to them for tire pressures and were super helpful.

Deleted member 5830

Just returned from my trip down to NC/TN and I figured I should type a few things about these tires.

Im running 275/35 and 295/35. These tires run large and are basically like running 285/305. I am getting rubbing front and rear on the top of the fender during heavy braking and acceleration. Normal street driving there is no rubbing. (Attached some photos to show this, zoom in and youll see a soft line around the whole shoulder of the tire)

These tires overall have been very impressive, road noise is more then the stock PSS but not by all that much. They were able to handle rain and 35-40 degree ambient temps during highway cruising. They will start to float at higher speeds if there is standing water, but anything blow 65mph is stable.

I ran 32psi cold at first and this ended up being far too high pushing 40+ hot, I targeted around 35-38 psi hot.

In comparison to the PSS or similar tire these absolutely take a bit longer to come up to temp and give confidence. First mile or two of the day I would fall behind waiting for the tires but once they started to go above 100-120F they felt great to push on. That being said these tires really struggle to light off when ambient temps go below 50F, at least on the street. On track where you can safely push harder lower ambient temps might be possible.

After 2500 miles, 1800 of which was pure highway cruising the tires still looks largely new. I need to bring the car to the track this summer to decide if I should go down a size in the front but on the street there is a massive amount of lateral grip with this setup. Overall this is a very impressive tire for this car and kept the balance exactly as it should be. If you are considering these tires consider carefully the size you buy as they run a size large

As far as straight line traction they hookup very well once warm. Not as well as an r888r but not far behind. These tires have far better feel during cornering then a r888r though and to me thats worth losing a bit of straight line traction for.

Random thoughts:

- Getting used to sitting on the rear axle makes you turn in a few feet early. Really odd sensation and takes some getting used too.
- Stock brakes are not good enough, was constantly on the edge of fade the entire trip. Will need to upgrade to something better soon.
- Stock intake manifold is not up for the task and a better core is needed to keep IATs more reasonable. Will need to replace this soon as well.
- Transmission acted weird on multiple occasions flaring, soft shifting, and shift blocks even during heavy decel. Hopefully the upcoming trans tune can help with that.
- The adhesive on my HKS coil isolators failed and I now have some suspension noise since part of the isolator has come off. Ill need to get something to fix this.
- White wheels are a giant bitch and I didnt even bother trying to keep them clean.

20220410_152655971_iOS.jpg
20220410_152647904_iOS.jpg

3596257_50.jpg

3596259_50.jpg
I just got rid of my '21 3.0. Wanted a track car. After sway bars (good investment) and 3 diff brake pads, including race pads, the car would still not stop reliability. Front end shudder, fade, spongy pedal. It was bled 3 times and Castrol SRF fluid. Noting helped the brakes. I'm curious why other trackers haven't experienced the same. Maybe I had an odd car? Anyway - gone now.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I just got rid of my '21 3.0. Wanted a track car. After sway bars (good investment) and 3 diff brake pads, including race pads, the car would still not stop reliability. Front end shudder, fade, spongy pedal. It was bled 3 times and Castrol SRF fluid. Noting helped the brakes. I'm curious why other trackers haven't experienced the same. Maybe I had an odd car? Anyway - gone now.
660 fluid, solid lines, CSG pads my brakes will throw you through the windshield. No fade, no shudder, lap after lap.

?? don't know- sorry it didn't work out for you
Sponsored