FETMO Unlock and Tune?

totalone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M440 xDrive
I am thinking to pull a trigger to unlock with FEMTO and going with ECU Tune. I have m440gc and wanted to see what tune everyone goes to.

Have couple of questions in mind.

1. Looking for a not aggressive tune, want to have more linear power delivery and torque, not looking to be fastest in lane. Important things are, able to flash at home, and for love of god I dont want to shoot flames out of my exhausts and give heart attack to passing by pedestrians with fire backs.
2. Have you combined your tun with transmissions tune? I am not sure on supra but on g26 ZF8 is immitted to 500 torque, with tune you are coming very close to those number. How does your transmission feel after some miles?

I have AA downpipe, MPE, Dinan intake

Thanks!
Sponsored

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
500 torque, with tune you are coming very close to those number.
The transmission is rated for 500Nm, or 369lb-ft of torque (actually, the auto is also rated for 500Nm/369lb-ft). Which is what the engine is already rated for from the factory -- and as we know, dynos have shown this engine makes much more torque than that to the wheels.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
I am thinking to pull a trigger to unlock with FEMTO and going with ECU Tune. I have m440gc and wanted to see what tune everyone goes to.

Have couple of questions in mind.

1. Looking for a not aggressive tune, want to have more linear power delivery and torque, not looking to be fastest in lane. Important things are, able to flash at home, and for love of god I dont want to shoot flames out of my exhausts and give heart attack to passing by pedestrians with fire backs.
2. Have you combined your tun with transmissions tune? I am not sure on supra but on g26 ZF8 is immitted to 500 torque, with tune you are coming very close to those number. How does your transmission feel after some miles?

I have AA downpipe, MPE, Dinan intake

Thanks!
the link provided in an earlier post should be helpful.

you won't be shooting flames, especially with a catted DP. that conversation would have to be with your tuner, if you go the custom route. BM3 is more popular than MHD. yes, you can flash at home.

XHP is amazing! i recommend it for any modded AT BMW. i don't know how similar our transmissions are, i would assume they're copy and paste, but surpassing 600wtq is considered the danger zone for us

OP
OP

totalone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M440 xDrive
the link provided in an earlier post should be helpful.

you won't be shooting flames, especially with a catted DP. that conversation would have to be with your tuner, if you go the custom route. BM3 is more popular than MHD. yes, you can flash at home.

XHP is amazing! i recommend it for any modded AT BMW. i don't know how similar our transmissions are, i would assume they're copy and paste, but surpassing 600wtq is considered the danger zone for us
Do you mind looking up transition you guys have?
I don't know much about Supra, and different variants

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
M240/M340/M440 basically exact same as Supra. Same engine, same brakes, same trans.

M340/M440 has a cool "track" option with larger front brakes (374mm front rotors and larger caliper) and aux oil cooler which has a different oil filter housing, oil pump and, of course, an external heat exchanger style oil cooler under the car like the full fat M cars.

Ironically, the Supra, which is better suited for track use, does not have that package available.

OP
OP

totalone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M440 xDrive
M240/M340/M440 basically exact same as Supra. Same engine, same brakes, same trans.

M340/M440 has a cool "track" option with larger front brakes (374mm front rotors and larger caliper) and aux oil cooler which has a different oil filter housing, oil pump and, of course, an external heat exchanger style oil cooler under the car like the full fat M cars.

Ironically, the Supra, which is better suited for track use, does not have that package available.
Yup, got the cooling pack as well

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Last edited: