First a parking lot collision, now hail?

OP
OP
Gelicide

Gelicide

First Name
Payton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
UPDATE! On Monday, May 15th I dropped it off at the shop to get fixed, now I have to wait. I have no idea how long it will take but they are replacing a bunch of the damaged parts (front bumper, driver side headlight, hood, roof, doors, side mirror, hatch). I'm not sure if the quarter panels are being replaced or if they are doing PDR. That's all the information I have at the moment. I also will not be ordering a carbon fiber roof like I said previously. Not sure what the plans are for mods.
It was supposed to be 4-6 weeks to fix the car, itā€™s been over 6 weeks now with no update. I would like my car back before Cars and Coffee at COTA in July, hopefully all goes well. If I donā€™t get it back in time thatā€™s fine but I definitely need it when August comes around. Guess weā€™ll just have to see, Iā€™ll probably contact them for an update.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
It was supposed to be 4-6 weeks to fix the car, itā€™s been over 6 weeks now with no update. I would like my car back before Cars and Coffee at COTA in July, hopefully all goes well. If I donā€™t get it back in time thatā€™s fine but I definitely need it when August comes around. Guess weā€™ll just have to see, Iā€™ll probably contact them for an update.
Do you mind sharing your location at all times so we can stay away from the bad luck magnet stuck to your car?

All jokes aside, glad youā€™re getting her back. Jealous youā€™ll be driving COTA. On my bucket list!

OP
OP
Gelicide

Gelicide

First Name
Payton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Do you mind sharing your location at all times so we can stay away from the bad luck magnet stuck to your car?

All jokes aside, glad youā€™re getting her back. Jealous youā€™ll be driving COTA. On my bucket list!
By all means STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL TEXAS, especially Bell County šŸ˜‚

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
I feel your hail pain man. I usually keep the car in the garage and the one week I had stuff in the garage, hail came out of nowhere. I'm in central Florida and I have never experienced hail before this. My insurance covered it thankfully and it's in the shop now while I'm on vacation so at least I don't need a rental. I hope they get mine done faster than 6 weeks especially not having as much damage as yours (mine had ~400 tiny dents everywhere apparently) and the final quote was like 6k for PDR. What's great is I had this annoying tiny dent in my rear quarter panel that has been there since I can remember and they're going to bang that one out too.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I had to fix my WRX several weeks ago as she too got hit by hail a few months back. It wasn't too bad, but about 10 or so visible dents on the hood, roof, and near c-pillar. I have the tools to fix it so did all of it except for one which landed just next to a brace and the glue/slide hammer would not pull enough and my regular PDR tool would not fit between the brace and skin. It's not that visible so I let it go. It'll probably hail again tomorrow anyway. lol

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
It seems to be hailing about 3x week all June here in Colorado this year (just stopped hailing here in Denver 5 minutes ago). Not really an exaggeration. It's the main thing that gives me anxiety driving around this time of year (besides how many dumb drivers there are on the road) so I put a moving blanket in the trunk in case I'm caught in a situation without cover. I didn't actually check if the moving blanket will cover the car though so hopefully I won't need it!

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
It seems to be hailing about 3x week all June here in Colorado this year (just stopped hailing here in Denver 5 minutes ago). Not really an exaggeration. It's the main thing that gives me anxiety driving around this time of year (besides how many dumb drivers there are on the road) so I put a moving blanket in the trunk in case I'm caught in a situation without cover. I didn't actually check if the moving blanket will cover the car though so hopefully I won't need it!
Dude, that storm we just had sucked. I'm so over the hail and rain we've had this late spring/early summer. And the forecast is showing the same weather for the next week. šŸ˜‘

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Being raised in Killeen due to being a Army Bratā€¦ I donā€™t miss that shit hole one bit. Left in 04 and when I picked up my car in Houston with my son we stopped by there so he could visit his mom. Dropped him off and cruised through my old stomping grounds and while so much has changed, over all itā€™s the same shit hole it always has been. Really sad seeing old friends I stayed in contact with still scrapping by because nothing is there. Now I understood why my son wanted so bad to leave that place.

When I left I didnā€™t think of Killeen as such a shit hole, but living all over the U.S. now, itā€™s really the shittiest place Iā€™ve ever lived, and I lived in Barstow by FT. Iwin for a couple years.

OP
OP
Gelicide

Gelicide

First Name
Payton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Being raised in Killeen due to being a Army Bratā€¦ I donā€™t miss that shit hole one bit. Left in 04 and when I picked up my car in Houston with my son we stopped by there so he could visit his mom. Dropped him off and cruised through my old stomping grounds and while so much has changed, over all itā€™s the same shit hole it always has been. Really sad seeing old friends I stayed in contact with still scrapping by because nothing is there. Now I understood why my son wanted so bad to leave that place.

When I left I didnā€™t think of Killeen as such a shit hole, but living all over the U.S. now, itā€™s really the shittiest place Iā€™ve ever lived, and I lived in Barstow by FT. Iwin for a couple years.
For real, I wanna leave as soon as possible

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
Dude, that storm we just had sucked. I'm so over the hail and rain we've had this late spring/early summer. And the forecast is showing the same weather for the next week.
I know it just won't end. At this rate it seems like once it finally stops hailing/storming on the regular winter will be right around the corner. But I'm just being pessimistic looking out the window as I'm going to bail early from work to go to the gym and now have the challenging decision of whether to risk taking the Supra with it is supposed to storm again today.

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
I had to fix my WRX several weeks ago as she too got hit by hail a few months back. It wasn't too bad, but about 10 or so visible dents on the hood, roof, and near c-pillar. I have the tools to fix it so did all of it except for one which landed just next to a brace and the glue/slide hammer would not pull enough and my regular PDR tool would not fit between the brace and skin. It's not that visible so I let it go. It'll probably hail again tomorrow anyway. lol
yea knowing how fragile the glass is on this car (i'm on my 3rd windshield) i'm SHOCKED all the glass was intact. the main damage was the hood and roof with minor stuff on the quarter panels. My license plate is also hilariously dinged up
Sponsored