Front collision avoidance system.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
I don't know if this has been covered before: is there a way of shutting down the auto braking font collision avoidance system
perhaps through bimmercode? It is not only annoying but I find it a bit dangerous. Any help?
Sponsored

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
hold down the safety system button for couple seconds it will shut all the driver aids off (also bsm, lka)

push esc button once car will go in traction mode. can spin tires but esc still limit over/understeer
hold esc button for couple seconds it turns off esc. abs still functions.

Opinion: I have had the red warning come on in the dash but never accidentally triggered an emergency brake in the supra. On the i3 it triggered once and saved my bacon when 4 or 5 cars in front somebody slammed on their brakes and came to a total stop on a 70 mph interstate for no reason (two brodozers with road rage is what it looked like to me)

Long story short, I turn the systems off on my hpde drivers ed on closed circuits. Get pretty close at high speeds but other drivers are all predictable and safe. People are so crazy on the roads I will take all the help I can get! Have never had a false alarm with any of these systems so they are well worth it imo.

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
I believe you can also adjust the sensitivity of the auto braking if you think it's too twitchy and happening in when you're not "that close."

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You can set your safety thingy to individual and change things there.

I've not had the car apply brakes on me other than when I'm using CC on side roads at 45mph and when car up ahead is turning right but so slow still 10% of car is in the lane and SS is inadequate at swerving, so it wants to stop abruptly way in advance to avoid collision. This happened a few times, luckily I intervened so it didn't come to a stop.

The only few times, it threw the red icon was when I'm close to the car in front but I'm mid changing lanes/taking the exit on the highway or they're merging, I'm taking the exit.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
You can set your safety thingy to individual and change things there.
I've not had the car apply brakes on me other than when I'm using CC on side roads at 45mph and when car up ahead is turning right but so slow still 10% of car is in the lane and SS is inadequate at swerving, so it wants to stop abruptly way in advance to avoid collision. This happened a few times, luckily I intervened so it didn't come to a stop.
That is ACC not emergency braking.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That is ACC not emergency braking.
duh. it's right there in my explanation.
2nd paragraph is regarding emergency braking.
just adding my "braking" experience overall...

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you, all for the "constructive" advice. Perhaps, I should explain myself better: I have had the dashboard go Red and the brakes applied 3 times on the highway when in my judgement it was not warranted...The experience was quite
unsettling, to say the least, and so I searched and adjusted all aids to their "off" or minimum settings...
It all works rather well except for this collision "thingy". I admit that I am one of the old foggies who finds all this stuff overkill since I do not look at or use my phone when driving, as I find people generally inattentive. I like and use the backup camera and that is it.

I simply wish I had an option instead of having to do with.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
You don't have it fully off then. I turn it off on track and I have been almost in peoples trunks without any intervention at all.

You need to hold the button down until it states everything is off and the button light is no longer on (like it states in the user manual I shared above) NOT just minimum settings.

Follow the manual and you will find the way...

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I find this pretty constructive.
It is, just not constuctive.. :hmm:

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever activated the auto brake going forward.. only in reverse backing out of my garage as the sensor confuses itself when the sun hits it in certain angles.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
" Follow the manual and you will find the way... "

Tku. I will try.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
It is, just not constuctive.. :hmm:

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever activated the auto brake going forward.. only in reverse backing out of my garage as the sensor confuses itself when the sun hits it in certain angles.
Neither have and TBH, for whatever reason, I I think the Supra had it. Its probably cause I I dont care for the feature (until one day that ot saves my butt). Previous to the Supra, my newest car was a 2017 Mazda Miata which didn't have this feature. Lol
Sponsored