First time running North Course at VIR

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Fun little set up. Video is from my second session ever running through the infield. Short shifting and 8/10ths effort.

Still working on videos from the next day and full course VIR which is of course Nirvana. Need a Catalyst. My little timer app didn't work all weekend. But wasn't passed once on Sat and only twice on Sunday.

Sponsored

tomfree

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra 3.0 Premium
It's been years since I've run North course - not many clubs choose to use it these days. I will say that the Stevie Wonders are a lot of fun. I was instructing a guy years ago in a Fiat Abarth who was conservative on most of the course, but did the Stevie Wonders every lap with a ton of slip angle and a big grin.

OP
OP
Rocksandblues

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
It's been years since I've run North course - not many clubs choose to use it these days. I will say that the Stevie Wonders are a lot of fun. I was instructing a guy years ago in a Fiat Abarth who was conservative on most of the course, but did the Stevie Wonders every lap with a ton of slip angle and a big grin.
yeah the drift/slide up that right before esses was fun by end of day. then that pop over the hill into roller coaster is fun too.

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
I absolutely loved the north course on my motorcycle. I'm hoping to take the Supra out to VIR this year for my free track day.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting layout.. I've only run the Full course and this one omits my 2 favorite sectors -- upper esses and the back straight. I'd love to the run Grand some day. This one.. ..not so much.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Fun little set up. Video is from my second session ever running through the infield. Short shifting and 8/10ths effort.

Still working on videos from the next day and full course VIR which is of course Nirvana. Need a Catalyst. My little timer app didn't work all weekend. But wasn't passed once on Sat and only twice on Sunday.

Damn that looks like soooooo much fun! Great driving as well 🤩 Coming to the decision the wife and I would love to go back and forth between FL and somewhere near the Smokey Mountains. Someday….
Sponsored