First Wave of Production Toyota Supras headed to Japan (Update: including various markets)

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
LHD and no "Toyota" badge, I'm guessing these for destined for Japan?

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m just curious what’s with the hood, double-bubble roof, swooping rear fender haunches, and the boot lid? Why “only” some of the parts of the car are covered with the white sheet? :hmm:

Last edited:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just curious what’s with the hood, double-bubble roof, swooping rear fender haunches, and the boot lid? Why “only” some of the parts of the car are covered with the white sheet? :hmm:
It’s to protect the paint from acid rain and bird poop and the like. Things that will etch the paint.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Rapgard is typically it is applied to horizontal surfaces where stuff falling on it (acid rain, etc.) would be likely to sit and not run off.

Why aren't the Matte Gray ones covered as well?
My guess is that the adhesive in the rapgard would likely leave "stains" on the matte finish.

I haven't seen no "toyota" badge on any?
The "Toyota" nameplate is on all Supra models sold outside of Canada, Japan and USA.

Jeff

Red-hat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86, 370Z
Hybrid, in a way....East meets West.
More West than East though. Engineered, powered, and manufactured by Europe. ‘Chassis ‘tuned’ by the East. Definitely not a ‘halfer,’ more like 1/4 Eastern, at most, sadly.