For lovers of curves

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Illinois, and the midwest in general, has some pretty shitty driving roads.

I need to make a trip to the dragon with the Supra at some point.

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S

Yep it sure is. Lived in Kansas for 30 years and there's just nothing for enthusiast roads. My car interest started to lean towards 1/4 mile or straight line performance. I live in Colorado now, some really good roads out here. Some are higher in elevation so not accessible during winter or there's too much sand on the roads to drive spiritedly. Here's just a small section of road I traveled a couple weeks in a rental cayman.

Attachments

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yep it sure is. Lived in Kansas for 30 years and there's just nothing for enthusiast roads. My car interest started to lean towards 1/4 mile or straight line performance. I live in Colorado now, some really good roads out here. Some are higher in elevation so not accessible during winter or there's too much sand on the roads to drive spiritedly. Here's just a small section of road I traveled a couple weeks in a rental cayman.
That route looks like a lot of fun.
In S. Texas, some great roads are RR 335, 336, and 337, known as The Twisted Sisters.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart

I love that part of the country. The area where the Dragon is has tons of fun roads. I take every new car there. Definitely worth the trip.

I am in Chicago also. There are some fun roads close to Chicago. Search for fun roads near Starved Rock and in WI. Here are 2 fun ones I can think of off hand.

Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive in WI
The Stagecoach Trail by Rockford

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
While the Tail of the Dragon is fun in a car, it is incredible on a motorcycle!

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
Central Kentucky has great winding roads up to and around the Red River Gorge area. Great in my Supra and motorcycle. I also heard about a thing called the Appalachian Autobahn in Eastern Ky but that is like a whole other country...lol.
I've rode the Dragon and it is very good but crowded during certain times. Roads in West Virginia near Snowshoe Ski Resort are some of best in country.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I love that part of the country. The area where the Dragon is has tons of fun roads. I take every new car there. Definitely worth the trip.

I am in Chicago also. There are some fun roads close to Chicago. Search for fun roads near Starved Rock and in WI. Here are 2 fun ones I can think of off hand.

Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive in WI
The Stagecoach Trail by Rockford
Just looked at pictures of the roads you mentioned, I might have to do the one in Wisconsin. That looks really nice from the quick google search I did.

Gcole

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Premium
I looked at the roads where I live in the Shenandoah valley, it seems I know most them already. I am not sure it filters out gravel roads though. West VA has some great roads as does New England , most are in poor condition do to the winters. In the East Coast, Western NC, Eastern TN are some of the best driving roads IMHO.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Just looked at pictures of the roads you mentioned, I might have to do the one in Wisconsin. That looks really nice from the quick google search I did.
The Stage Coach Trail is fun too. IL is genegrally flat but Stage Coach has elevation changes and nice curves.
Sponsored