For those of you who worked with Femto directly to unlock your DME

cinosa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Nitro Yellow Supra 3.0 Premium
What was the process like? I've reached out to them, they gave me some info on what to expect, but I'd like to hear the experiences of those who've done the whole thing themselves. The SWIFT transfer + low declared value of the DME raise some concerns for me, but I'm still interested in proceeding with the unlock.

I guess I just need some reassurances that it'll turn out ok from folks who've already done it, lol.
Sponsored

5Rocket_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
I used FedEx to ship mine and got a clearance hold.
FedEx doesn’t provide the same options as DHL - so additional paperwork needed to be submitted by FEMTO to receive my package. FEMTO was very responsive and handled this issue quickly.

The clearance hold added another 5 days to my turnaround time.

It all worked out just fine. I saved ~$500 by not having someone else ship it for me or “hand deliver it”.

Use DHL to ship your ECU.

OP
OP
cinosa

cinosa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Use DHL to ship your ECU.
Yeah, they already told me to ship via DHL (which I also knew just from browsing here). What was your total turn around time, including that 5 day hold?

OP
OP
cinosa

cinosa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have one more question I'd like to get clarification on: if I'm doing BM3 CustomROM, I don't need to buy a 2nd DME, correct? I'd only need the 2nd DME if I'm going EcuTek? Just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time sending in only 1 DME if I definitely still need 2 for this to work.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I have one more question I'd like to get clarification on: if I'm doing BM3 CustomROM, I don't need to buy a 2nd DME, correct? I'd only need the 2nd DME if I'm going EcuTek? Just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time sending in only 1 DME if I definitely still need 2 for this to work.
correct. Only need to clone if you want EcuTek on a post june 2021 car from what i understand.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
What was the process like? I've reached out to them, they gave me some info on what to expect, but I'd like to hear the experiences of those who've done the whole thing themselves. The SWIFT transfer + low declared value of the DME raise some concerns for me, but I'm still interested in proceeding with the unlock.

I guess I just need some reassurances that it'll turn out ok from folks who've already done it, lol.
I worked with them directly when they were here in Dubai. All it took was 15-20 minutes to unlock. It takes no time at all. However, shipping is what takes time. But it takes less than 10 days now. So there is that.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I shipped through DHL on a Tuesday. They sent me an invoice to pay through my bank on that Thursday. I recieved my ECU back the following Tuesday. Total time my ECU was gone was exactly 1 week and total cost for unlock including shipping both ways was just over 900. I followed their directions exactly how they instructed. It was a very easy process.
Sponsored