First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Checo!
Esteban Ocon!

O con looked good all weekend, what a drive for Checo.
Russell drove amazing, nothing against Lewis, but I do hope to see him in the Merc next week.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
George proved today that it was the car all along and that Bottas is just a mediocre doormat driver. George had an easy win until the team messed it all up. Feel bad for George, but happy for Checo. George will get plenty of wins and this might be Checo's only if he's done after next race.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
George proved today that it was the car all along and that Bottas is just a mediocre doormat driver. George had an easy win until the team messed it all up. Feel bad for George, but happy for Checo. George will get plenty of wins and this might be Checo's only if he's done after next race.
It definitely wasn't the car all along. Russell is a damn good driver. Hamilton is literally the GOAT of the modern era.

Bottas is just ass. Even when Lewis was there Valtteri wasn't up to par. Four years of barely any results. A lot of his wins really were circumstantial too.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It definitely wasn't the car all along. Russell is a damn good driver. Hamilton is literally the GOAT of the modern era.

Bottas is just ass. Even when Lewis was there Valtteri wasn't up to par. Four years of barely any results. A lot of his wins really were circumstantial too.
Russell did the same as Hamilton does. He was 10 seconds up the road from Bottas. Team "tactics" screwed him up when the safety car came out. So either Russell is as good as Hamilton, which means Hamilton is not that good, that a kid in his first ever race in the same car can match him, or the car is so good that Hamilton just cruises every Sunday, and 95% of his wins and titles at Mercedes are meaningless. Either way Russell put a huge dent in Hamilton's "greatness". Russell proved that anybody better than Bottas, would become champion in that car. And judging by Sunday's performance, that's about 15 drivers on the grid.

Bottas is useless. But that's why he keeps the 2nd seat. Because Wolff and Hamilton don't want drama or competition within the team. Just easy "victories" in a car that nobody can match.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I am curious about the likelihood that Albon keeps that 2nd Red Bull seat for 2021...

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am curious about the likelihood that Albon keeps that 2nd Red Bull seat for 2021...
He shouldn't. With all the crap going on, he should've been fighting for the win. Not finish where he did.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I guess it depends on the politics that drives a lot of things in this sport. The number two Red Bull seat is a hard place to be.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The question to me whether and when they can schedule a make-up. The calendar is so full that the next opportunity to do an Australian round may be pretty late in the year. That assumes no other schedule changes...
I read somewhere they made the calendar in such a way that races can swap places. Like Australia would swap dates with Bahrain.
It's gonna be the same as last year I think. Multiple races at the same track and some canceling altogether. Nothing has really changed in the world. They're just better prepared this season because they know what to expect. We'll see.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I started poking around on some sites to inquire about tickets to the US round in Austin. Iā€™m not sure if I want to pull the trigger yet, even though the race is scheduled for Oct. I think that the COVID stuff should be mostly past by then, but there still seems to be a lot of flux in the schedule for good reason.
Anyone else considering trying to go as well?