RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
In general this was a great race weekend, I’m not a Russell fan at all, but he won fairly.

not sure the problem with Max and Checo, but if Checo was faster then he would have just taken the position back, just like Charles, so fair is fair. It’s racing after all.

one thought on Danny Ric, he needs to be gone, his head and heart just aren’t in the race anymore, and that’s dangerous for the other drivers.
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
one thought on Danny Ric, he needs to be gone, his head and heart just aren’t in the race anymore, and that’s dangerous for the other drivers.
As a long-time McLaren fan, I couldn't agree more. They should have cut him over the summer break, IMO, and brought in someone like Hulkenberg to finish out the season while they signed a driver for next season. It's just embarrassing for him and the team at this point.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Yeah what Max did was not right by not letting Checo by. He would not have won his title in 2021 if it wasn't for Checo holding up Hamilton in Abu Dhabi.
At least Ferrari didn't let Leclerc and Sainz swap either, so they're equal on points.
George drove great, didn't put a foot wrong. Restarts were good. Ricciardo is just done.
Really enjoyed Alonso today. Excellent drive.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Maybe Ted Kravitz can find out for us exactly why Max didn’t let Checo back through.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wouldn't be an Abu Dhabi Grand Prix without Hamilton cutting the chicane :rofl:
Shame Perez couldn't catch Leclerc, rare fumble from Red Bull strategy there.
Max in his own league. Untouchable. Sainz stood out to me, looked much more competitive in the car. Will be exciting to see him vs Leclerc next year.

Sabres315

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra, 2021 STI
He had some good races this year i will give him that. But Max is in his own because of that car Red Bull built for him. Since all cars this year were supposed to be on a equal ground with the aero as to keep the cars closer together, this was not the case for Red Bull as they had on average a 5 second gap on everyone. Be curious to see what next year brings since they loosen the car restricts.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
He had some good races this year i will give him that. But Max is in his own because of that car Red Bull built for him. Since all cars this year were supposed to be on a equal ground with the aero as to keep the cars closer together, this was not the case for Red Bull as they had on average a 5 second gap on everyone. Be curious to see what next year brings since they loosen the car restricts.
None of what you said is right lol. Formula One introduced new regulations to bring the field closer together. They're not all the same. Just look at the Mercedes no pod design. And they succeeded. The beginning of the year, Ferrari had the best car, but got out developed by Red Bull and Mercedes, who started off weak but came back during the season. All teams build cars for their #1 driver. The Red Bull was built for Max, the Ferrari for Leclerc, the Mercedes for Hamilton, etc. Just how it works. 5 seconds average over a race distance equates to a few tenths per lap. That's nothing. Mercedes during their dominance was at times over a second a lap faster than the nearest competitor. For 7 years the only competition Mercedes had was themselves except for a few races Ferrari and Red Bull won here and there. Red Bull has not had that luxury since Vettel drove there. Red Bull have had an incredible season, but there's been more dominance from others.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
None of what you said is right lol. Formula One introduced new regulations to bring the field closer together. They're not all the same. Just look at the Mercedes no pod design. And they succeeded. The beginning of the year, Ferrari had the best car, but got out developed by Red Bull and Mercedes, who started off weak but came back during the season. All teams build cars for their #1 driver. The Red Bull was built for Max, the Ferrari for Leclerc, the Mercedes for Hamilton, etc. Just how it works. 5 seconds average over a race distance equates to a few tenths per lap. That's nothing. Mercedes during their dominance was at times over a second a lap faster than the nearest competitor. For 7 years the only competition Mercedes had was themselves except for a few races Ferrari and Red Bull won here and there. Red Bull has not had that luxury since Vettel drove there. Red Bull have had an incredible season, but there's been more dominance from others.
I just don't understand people when they say F1 is boring now. Where was that energy when Mercedes were winning everything all the time for 7 years straight?

I attribute it to them all being #TeamLH fanboys who are only entertained when Lewis is winning and anything else is "boring".

I enjoy scrappy races where I can't just leave to go make lunch and come back having missed nothing and this year there were more races that had that kind of energy than probably the last 7-8 seasons of Formula 1.

There were some great battles throughout the field this year, I hope next year comes down to the wire for the championship and that there are even more battles in the rest of the field too.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just don't understand people when they say F1 is boring now. Where was that energy when Mercedes were winning everything all the time for 7 years straight?

I attribute it to them all being #TeamLH fanboys who are only entertained when Lewis is winning and anything else is "boring".

I enjoy scrappy races where I can't just leave to go make lunch and come back having missed nothing and this year there were more races that had that kind of energy than probably the last 7-8 seasons of Formula 1.

There were some great battles throughout the field this year, I hope next year comes down to the wire for the championship and that there are even more battles in the rest of the field too.
Yeah I think 2023 will be a lot more like 2021. Everyone learned their lessons this year. Mercedes are back, Ferrari are right there, Red Bull has the least development time being Champions, things will be a lot closer. I'm already excited for winter testing.

MKVDevo

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Stratosphere Blue Premium 3.0
Really excited to see if McLaren can build a better car for next year. Lando has the talent without a doubt.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Really excited to see if McLaren can build a better car for next year. Lando has the talent without a doubt.
I like Lando a lot, and I think he’s one of the most talented guys on the grid, but I think he lacks the killer instinct to be a champion. Lewis, Max and Alonzo have that edge, probably why they get together occasionally!

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
So, we're not gonna talk about yesterday and today's musical chairs 😂 . If I have this right:

Capito fired
Vasseur leaves Sauber for Ferrari
Seidl leaves McLaren for Sauber-Audi, err... Saudi

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, we're not gonna talk about yesterday and today's musical chairs 😂 . If I have this right:

Capito fired
Vasseur leaves Sauber for Ferrari
Seidl leaves McLaren for Sauber-Audi, err... Saudi
pretty wild huh?