Found a Supra, thoughts on a91 mt?

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Hmmm. Well I suppose I could call around, it can’t be that expensive to fix.

I’ve seen a91s going for 70k+ so it seems like a good deal, I just don’t know if it’s gonna hold value compared to the premium 3.0s
You'd be surprised. Painting anything these days seems like at least a $1k investment, even for a few small holes, they will need to match and blend that paint, it's probably a tri-stage paint.

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Mark my words, the manual MKV will NEVER be worth less than an identical example with the automatic. The rarity and enthusiasm factors alone will ensure these stay in higher demand forever. There's over 23,000 AT models running around in the states, compared to less than 2,200 manuals. Autos are for sale everywhere. I legitimately see the MT holding a 10-20% price premium in five-to-ten years. A normal person shopping for a used one won't give a flying fuck about which version is "faster." Used Vettes (when not shopped for by pensioners), Porsches, Lambos, & MKIVs have already proven this.
Agreed.
I saw some napkin math that there were only ~130 MT's in my country so far.

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Yeah get it. This is gonna be a hot car for awhile. They’re really not building a lot of cars still. Years and years later. I worked for Toyota as a salesman at the start of the pandemic, was a wrenched my whole life and made the leap into sales. Colors in the Toyota world matter. A color like this will be iconic especially with the MT release and not being available on AT. It’s a giveaway like the wheels. These icons last generations

OP
OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
Yeah get it. This is gonna be a hot car for awhile. They’re really not building a lot of cars still. Years and years later. I worked for Toyota as a salesman at the start of the pandemic, was a wrenched my whole life and made the leap into sales. Colors in the Toyota world matter. A color like this will be iconic especially with the MT release and not being available on AT. It’s a giveaway like the wheels. These icons last generations
It was the color that got me. If it was available in a non “special edition” I would have waited.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
So did you join the cult I mean gang?

CULaterJimzo

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' CUL A91 MT
It was the color that got me. If it was available in a non “special edition” I would have waited.
Trust me, you’ll start seeing several shades of its’ color depending on the lighting and you’ll love it even more. Lower it and give it spacers front/rear is a must if you’re into that.

OP
OP

tharris4995

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wrangler
Trust me, you’ll start seeing several shades of its’ color depending on the lighting and you’ll love it even more. Lower it and give it spacers front/rear is a must if you’re into that.
I’ve always bought cars with the intent to highly modify them, but after my last car I told myself I won’t buy a new car until I find one I love exactly as is. This car was def that. I still float the idea of more horsepower and a drag setup, or bronze/gold rims and a wing, but it’s the first car I’ve bought that I don’t even wanna mess with.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
You do realize the whole world and even our neighbors in Canada has this color available normally even with tan interior with a choice of mt or auto… you want the “1/500” people to roll over in their graves import an auto version of cu later in the states now thatl be super rare here in these common mt 😂

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family!