Fourth Brake Light by Speed Industry

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Cool light, simple plug and play right? ?

Who wants to do the install on mine?

-RJM

BlackSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
Very cool but not really digging the design of this one. I actually think the factory one with the holes looks way better.

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
Very cool but not really digging the design of this one. I actually think the factory one with the holes looks way better.
i feel the same. I like how the Euro spec Supras have the fourth brake light and reverse built in one. i know theres a thread where they tried to fit the euro spec to a US spec but said something about having the plugs switch? not too sure.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Cool light, simple plug and play right? ?

Who wants to do the install on mine?

-RJM
Yeah, no sh*t. Splicing into factory wiring!? Uh... FTSpeed states "This version has a plug and play harness." Well, mine's already been shipped. Not sure what I'll do yet.

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Thanks to @Evoh 's DIY, I was able to install the OLM F1 style reverse/4th brake light without removing the bumper!

I did this by myself as everyone was busy on Mother's Day and didn't trust myself to removing the bumper alone.

By removing the rear bumper center heat shield underneath (no need to raise the car if you're not lowered), you can get access to the OEM reverse light and fish/drop the wires from the back of the headlight at the top.

This is quite manageable especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust as the OEM muffler can get in the way.

Removing the heat shield and:
- 3x 10mm white plastic bolts (top)
- 4x 8mm black screws (left)

(The 4x 8mm "pointy" screws on the right are from the OEM reverse light.)

IMG_9387.jpg

Then pop off the two black tail light covers on either side. There's no need to remove/unscrew the hatch stoppers (red X) as the hole on the trim pieces are bigger and pass through them! This saves a step and negates the realignment of the hatch!

IMG_9385.jpg

IMG_9386.jpg

(I did tidy up the wiring after the photos.)

Fish the wires through. It may take a few tries, but it'll eventually come out the bottom.

Tap the wires near the plugs behind each headlight. You can unplug them for better access.

Once all the wires are through the bottom, test fit all connections to make sure they work before assembling the OLM light and reassembling the heat shield and tail light covers.

IMG_9389.jpg

Zip tie all tuck away all the wiring as necessary.

Once all is tested, reinstall and test again.

IMG_9390.jpg

Sorry for the poor lighting (pun intended) in the final photo below. It was a bright and sunny day.

IMG_9401.jpg

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Please note that the "do this without removing the bumper" trick absolutely does not work with the stock muffler in place. You cannot see or reach the nuts above the muffler to lower the heat shield.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I think it's too thick. Same thickness as the brake lights or just a tad thinner would have been better
Sponsored