Front bumper gap( no impact 1800 miles)

Samsamsam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra
Hi I have 2023. Got it like a month ago but today I notice that left front bumper seems like lot of gap compare to right. See pictures. Whats my best option
To add further I dont see any impact at all to cause that much issue in the car.
Any input is appreciated before I go to dealership
Also can I take it to any toyota or same one I got is preferred

IMG_1329.jpeg

IMG_1328.jpeg
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Looks like your hood isn't closed all the way. There is a gap on the side too. This is exactly what mine looks like if both latches don't connect correctly. You basically have to drop the hood from a foot or so for it to close correctly.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah the manual even states "enthusiastically drop hood from a foot away"
And they're right. I've tried gentle, always ended up with this crooked look.

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
And they're right. I've tried gentle, always ended up with this crooked look.
And sucks because if it half latches, you can't just press down on the hood or you risk bending the light aluminum lol!

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Looks like your hood isn't closed all the way. There is a gap on the side too. This is exactly what mine looks like if both latches don't connect correctly. You basically have to drop the hood from a foot or so for it to close correctly.
Definitely this. Happened to me one time walking back to my car, I thought someone hit my car and fucked up the bumper. Turned out it was me not properly closing the hood

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Funny post lol. I was worried I broke something the first week with the car after I set the hood down gently and tried to press each latch in. Had the same crooked look.

Ended up dropping it down from 5-6 inches to get it to close evenly. Later learned in the manual that it is intended to be that way. 😂

Fun to watch people wince when I just let it slam down.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
mine has a wider gap RIGHT in the middle, compared to the sides. I'm sure air gets in there at speed. Super annoying, but I'm not surprised as it's still a Toyota.

PaulBoxer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0T GR Pro
Yours seems normal and clearly a lot of us experience it, I drop mine from about 10 inches holding it either side of the middle and it’s fine, I wouldn’t go mad and slam it as there’s only so much aggression it can take

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
mine has a wider gap RIGHT in the middle, compared to the sides. I'm sure air gets in there at speed. Super annoying, but I'm not surprised as it's still a Toyota.
The front bumper fitment has quite a bit of adjustability. Loosen the 5-6 bolts on the top of the bumper between the headlights and you should be able to clean that up.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
The front bumper fitment isn't amazing, im in a 20k mile 2021 and I have gone off at track but I have some slight alignment issues near the headlight and near the passenger door, but I imagine I can adjust it as needed, its just such a large hood I expect its normal, you don't notice it unless you're close up.
Sponsored