Front Bumper PPF (Issues?)

bmyota

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra
I just got my car ppf and noticed these cuts on the front bumper, I spoke with the owner of the shop and they said this is the best way to do it since they've had to re-do 2 other supra's front bumper for doing the "old way" without cuts curious if anyone else has their bumper done differently and if it's held up. I will return to fix application issues and wonder if they should redo the bumper with or without the cuts. Thanks for the input
IMG_7367.jpg
IMG_7356.jpg
IMG_7357.jpg
IMG_7348.jpg
Sponsored

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Depensong on cost id say thats not horrible. My kavaca installer has a better front bumper template than that though. It only had one middle seam. The area around sensors is normal and to be expected.

OP
OP

bmyota

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra
Considering it costs me $2600 CAD I thought it'd be a more clean look

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
:hmm: I would not be able to accept those seams on a hobby car for certain.

I originally installed clearbra on my Supra and decided the precuts are just not good enough with visible seams, etc and removed it before the adhesive cured. I think those that deal with rolls can manipulate the material enough to install without seams.

Anyway I follow 5 sec behind the car in front and so far no chips. I will no longer be installing clear bra on my hobby cars. I removed it off my Golf-R too earlier this year. No chips.. the car is a Mk7 (2017). That's pretty good for a 6 yr old car.

taiyaki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 MT BRZ, '23 AT 3.0 Supra
wow, where in canada? I did XPEL track pack + rockers, it was $2800 or so and my front bumper doesnt look like that, the sensor area is covered and its not perfect (stretched) but he told me this before hand.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
That's not a good cut at all and an eye sore. 2600CAD for only front bumper? Or the whole front end? Hood etc?

The inseam should go way underneath (near the middle grill) atleast. Tucked away and all.

Would definitely try elsewhere.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Honestly seems like a skill issue. My front bumper PPF does not have any of those strange cuts. $1650 USD for complete front end (bumper, hood, headlights, mirrors, fenders, A-pillars)

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Well for comparison, I paid $2400 CAD (tax in) for front bumper, headlights, full hood, front fenders, a-pillars, partial roof, and door cups.

I do not have a middle seam or cuts on the nose though. I agree, looks a bit like a less skilled installer.

IMG_20231013_2346086.jpg
IMG_20231013_2347304.jpg
IMG_20231013_2347418.jpg

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Well for comparison, I paid $2400 CAD (tax in) for front bumper, headlights, full hood, front fenders, a-pillars, partial roof, and door cups.

I do not have a middle seam or cuts on the nose though. I agree, looks a bit like a less skilled installer.

IMG_20231013_2346086.jpg
IMG_20231013_2347304.jpg
IMG_20231013_2347418.jpg
My car has the same seams as yours. I tried getting it done in a single piece and had to go back multiple times to redo it.

I did the area around the emblem area as a separate piece. Seam is barely noticeable.

oreobbq

First Name
oreo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91 Refraction Blue
Hell no. Tell him the truth guys. Your installer may as well have eaten Mexican food all day and then took a massive shit on your car. Cuz that's what it looks like.

Take that frankenstein job back. Although I'd question their skills at this point and wouldn't want them to touch the car again. Sure there can be some visible edges near sensors and where the paint ends, but those gaping scars near the logo are comical. Dirt and road grime will start filling the edges there. Stevie Wonder could draw a better precut template in MS paint.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
:hmm: I would not be able to accept those seams on a hobby car for certain.

I originally installed clearbra on my Supra and decided the precuts are just not good enough with visible seams, etc and removed it before the adhesive cured. I think those that deal with rolls can manipulate the material enough to install without seams.

Anyway I follow 5 sec behind the car in front and so far no chips. I will no longer be installing clear bra on my hobby cars. I removed it off my Golf-R too earlier this year. No chips.. the car is a Mk7 (2017). That's pretty good for a 6 yr old car.
With how dirty the roads are in the NJ/NY area clear bra is essential for me. I personally wouldn’t buy a high end car without it.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
@bmyota these bumpers are a bitch for any kind of wrap. I wrapped mine 3 times and finally decided to get it painted. It’s not possible to wrap the front bumper no one piece, but that under the headlight seam shouldn’t be there. Sorry but @oreobbq is right, that looks like shit, even I did a better job and it was my first time ever wrapping anything…
IMG_2849.jpeg
IMG_2846.jpeg

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 3.0

I'm assuming that's $2400 CAD for the whole front (front bumper, hood, A-pillars, maybe front fender)? Hood is a huge piece, so that brings up the cost a lot.

I got a similar result from my shop on my front bumper, same seams, but I only paid $500* USD for front bumper and A-pillars. It's because they are using templates that are laser cut. It's not going to give a flawless, seamless install but it will be significantly cheaper and faster to install. Also less dangerous, since the other alternative is installing from a full roll and using knives. Only the most expensive shops will use knifeless tape bc it takes MUCH longer to set up the knifeless tape. Personally, I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on PPF, so for $500 I'm very happy. For me, good enough is good enough.

* I suspect they are giving me a really good rate because I've gone to them many times over the last 5 years. Always nice to find a shop that values repeat customers. The most I'd pay is maybe $800 for this job.

Turcktech

First Name
Esat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 supra
I had full car ppf ed stealth matte. I remember installer saying front and rear bumpers were the hardest parts. He did front hy hand rear pre cut. From Toronto area.

IMG_1179.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1098.jpeg
Sponsored