• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

FS: [Price Reduced] HPDE-Prepped 2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 - ~7000 miles - $50k (Limited Time)

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Well folks, I have to sell my ’21 Toyota GR Supra 3.0. It has about 7000 miles on the odometer. After all the blood, sweat, and money I put into this thing – not to mention the fun I had with it – it must go. I’m having a big ol’ spinal fusion surgery in ‘24. This presents a problem because: 1) I won’t be able to get in and out of the car with the race seats due to the bending and twisting that you have to do; 2) Hitting a wall at a track at 100mph would likely cause a redo on the surgery or put me in a wheelchair; and 3) If I kept the car, it would be simply sit for a minimum of 1 year (assuming no surgical complications) during which I will be undergoing recovery. I have a kind of half-hearted build thread here on this site, but let me sum up what I’ve done and post some pictures of the car. The pictures are boring. The car looks completely stock on the outside. No cosmetic mods. It’s just about an inch lower at each corner because of the aftermarket springs. The interior is pretty stripped. There are no dings or dents on the car and no curb rash on the wheels. It sounds like a dragon. I don’t have pictures of all of the mods but can take specific pictures if requested. This is perfect for someone who is looking for something turn-key to get onto the track for an HPDE, hit the drag strip, have fun at autocrosses… or just tear it up on the street. All of the work (minus the basic stuff like the air intake, strut brace, etc.) was done at a local race shop I’ve been going to for 30 years that specializes in BMWs, Porsches, and Mercs. They are legit and the owner and techs are all racers themselves. The shop is Motorsports of Lexington if you’d like to check them out. I highly recommend their services. The car is located in Lexington, KY. II am asking $65k and am willing to negotiate. I will ship the car to you as part of that negotiation. I may wash it, too.

My hope is that it goes to a good owner who will enjoy it as much as I have.

I want to add that this community has been as great as the car. It’s a fun place, though I haven't been very active at all recently.

Modifications:

Cusco front brace
Cusco rear power brace
Cusco front and rear red tow hooks
Verus Engineering master cylinder brace
Verus Engineering turbo heat shield
Verus Engineering motor mounts (stiffest inserts)
AWE Track Edition exhaust
Evolution Racewerks ceramic-coated catless downpipe
LP Performance Co. steering wheel
M Performance carbon fiber shift paddles (the $400 OEM BMW ones from the M-cars)
Burger Motorsports JB4 w/ custom map by @Jesse DaBears
xHP Stage 3 Transmission Flash
All of the common tuning stuff w/ Bimmercode
Fuel-It! Flex Fuel Kit
aFe front & rear sway bars
Eibach EU-spec front and rear springs
Antigravity H7/Group-94R 60 Ah lithium battery
SPL Parts front and rear sway bar end links
SPL Parts traction links
SPL Parts solid aluminum differential mounts
SPL Parts front lower control arms
SPL Parts rear tow links
SPL Parts rear upper camber/lateral and upper traction links
SPL Parts front caster/tension/trailing arm bushings
SPL Parts bump steer front outer tie rod ends
SPL Parts eccentric lockout kit for rear camber and toe arms
Twisted Tuning upgraded transmission mounts
Turner braided stainless steel brake lines
CSG C21/C11 brake pads
MSTv2 intake system (with the older – and better IMO – aluminum turbo inlet pipe)
Custom black powder coated Hochman Fabrication rear brace/harness bar
Bride driver and passenger seat mounts w/ adjustable rails
Sparco EVO L driver and passenger race seats
Sparco 6 point 3in driver and passenger racing harnesses
Yokohama ADVAN A052 tires stock size at all four corners (have about 100 road miles on them)

If I missed any SPL Parts components, it’s because I didn’t see it on an invoice. It has ‘em all.

Honestly I’ve probably forgotten some stuff it has and will update the post if I remember.

Juice:

LiquiMoly 5w-30 Engine Oil
MOTUL RBF 660 racing brake fluid

Extras (not in/on car) that come with it:

Driver and passenger stock seats
Verus Engineering carbon hood louver
Verus Engineering air/oil separator (removed from car)
A91 replica spoiler w/ satin black finish
2 x sets of the SPL Parts front lower control arms cap bolts (these should be installed ASAP)
All of the random extra parts, stock parts, and fluids I have some of I probably can’t remember

Pictures:

PXL_20231224_010643397 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20230829_135336228 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20230829_135241644 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20230829_135214500 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20220508_173107039 - Copy (1).jpg

PXL_20230829_135157806 - Copy.jpg

This is the actually the most recent picture I have of the car and was the first Z06 I saw in the wild. The Z06 does not come with the car.

PXL_20230609_170319495~2 - Copy.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
There is no extra charge for the dust. Interested to know thoughts on pricing. It's difficult to price something like this. Looks like production is stopping, lots of work done to the car, but niche given the prep.

Last edited:

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
modded cars are always going to be difficult to sell unless you're prepped for a specific class and somebody just wants a turn key car. otherwise, the parts almost always add no value and sometimes decrease value.

consider going back to 100% stock and selling the parts if nobody bites for a few months?

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
modded cars are always going to be difficult to sell unless you're prepped for a specific class and somebody just wants a turn key car. otherwise, the parts almost always add no value and sometimes decrease value.

consider going back to 100% stock and selling the parts if nobody bites for a few months?
Yeah, I understand that and appreciate the input, genuinely. I really built it as a "track toy" HPDE car and there's value in that, as *a lot* of people enjoy HPDE but don't do sanctioned racing. It really just needs a roll *bar* (not necessarily a cage) to be legal to do a lot of SCCA racing (like hill climbs) and likely other sanctioned events, though I have not investigated it thoroughly.

There is a 0% chance of me going back to stock because most of the stock parts are long gone (sold or given away).

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
I had a spinal fusion and immediately went bought a hybrid Camry (softest riding thing I could find). Then found myself in a Lotus Elise 3 months later ;) Hopefully you have a similar result and can get back at it. Glws

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Alright y'all, this thing is going on BAT soon, but I have an appointment first to get it serviced and pull the front driver side airbag. This community has always been awesome, so I wanted to offer it up for $50k before that happens. This is basically a rollbar/cage-ready HPDE-prepped car. I can't say what classes it would qualify to race in throughout the plethora of series out there, if someone is looking for something to compete in. I drove it yesterday, and due to my back issues, it has become horribly painful and just wasn't fun. I mean, it was fun - I love everything about the car - but it wasn't fun. It's a big waste for it to sit, this community has always done me right, so I wanted to offer it up here for a good deal first before I put it up for auction. Someone should be enjoying this thing - it seems like a waste to sit in a garage and collect dust.

EDIT: I bought it for cash back in late '20 so own it outright - not trying to pay off a loan or anything. Quite frankly, if I die on the table during a series of complex surgeries in June to fix said back problem, I'd rather my family have the cash than a car they don't want. Also, for this price, I won't wash it before you take possession. 😆

Last edited:
OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
$50K?!

Lord have mercy!!

@FLtrackdays Gift for the wife?!
I'd rather have someone enjoy the car and be able to park my daily in the garage at this point than hold out for an extra $5k or so. Also, having the stock seats out of my home office is also worth $5k to me. 😂 I did offer it up to the owner of the race shop I take it to for this same amount and he is considering it. He's always liked the car, so we'll see. If someone here buys it all I ask is that you send me pics of the car being driven like it's meant to be driven!

My plan is to wait a year post-surgery then reevaluate my situation, but it most definitely doesn't involved a track-prepped Supra. Maybe I'll buy that '89 Porsche 911 Turbo I've always wanted, but I sure as hell won't prep it to be a race car.

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
you may get someone interested if you post it here with all the track prep done to the car

https://www.racingjunk.com/

i don't know all the race classes but most of your parts seem pretty mild besides the following:

aftermarket ecu tunes
e85
aero - i didn't see any installed, so consider selling these separately
Sponsored