Fullscreen Apple Carplay

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
Looks like it only changes the BimmerCode items that I did that directly deal with the head unit. My auto start stop function still is off and car still starts in sport mode. So it won’t change all the things you did it doesn’t appear
Sponsored

Reactions: je8

mortavious

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Absolute Zero
So I just got my Supra and I'm a little confused...will this eventually be released as an official update and everyone just wants to get it installed early? Or is this the only way to update the firmware?

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
So I just got my Supra and I'm a little confused...will this eventually be released as an official update and everyone just wants to get it installed early? Or is this the only way to update the firmware?
I don’t think anyone really knows. My experience is that Toyota hasn’t acknowledged there even being an update. I suppose there hasn’t been a compelling reason, since this car was first shipped, for people to even care about getting an update so no telling how Toyota will deal with things like this in the future. For now I think they are in uncharted territory for them. Sounds like at least one person on this thread managed to get a dealer to apply the new update, but that it didn’t enable the full screen Apple CarPlay. I’m curious if the update like that then enables BimmerCode to switch this on, unlike the earlier version. Oh well. Time will tell.

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
care of yesterday! huge shout outs to his customer service and patience! I was originally scheduled for Friday.. but we hit a couple of road blocks, from the ENET cabl
its for the early adopters, and also even if Toyota has a official update later on... the issue for 2020 owners is those of us who are tuned... a factory oem update would relock your DME.

eXstasy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'19 FK8 CTR, '16 F80 M3
Anyone who doesn’t have a battery stabiliser can use another car to keep the voltage concurrent if not the ones linked and used by other members are perfectly fine!
Does the other car have to be running or does it just need a fully charged battery? I have an AGM battery maintainer, but it only outputs 7.2amps in supply mode, so I figured I would charge both cars up to full overnight before starting the process.

BIMMER-REMOTE

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2
Wanted to give huge shoutout to Jakub @ Bimmer-Remote. I was one of the luck few who got in during his early bird special of 50% off. I wouldn't think twice about going with him or easy Bimmer code. I just decided to go with Bimmer-remote after I spoke with another forum member about his experience with them.

Jakub not only coded the full screen CarPlay but he also did a few other things for me at my request. And he was totally understanding when I had to reschedule due to a broken Enet cable. If your on the fence or have any inquires feel free to pm me and check with Bimmer-remote on the forum I believe they still have a promo for forums members. P.S. Sport Plus is awesome!
Thank you for Your feedback Sir!

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
That looks great! I really want to get it done as well, but I don't have access to a battery charger and garage right now. Would it be possible if I can borrow the space and equipments for a few hours and get it done?

I'm in the midlands, and of course I'm more than happy to compensate for the ordeal. Open to offers :)

All I used was a set of Jumper cables for £25 and then £15 for the ENET cable needed.
Also done outside as I don't have garage space.:)

Just need to jumper to another car, very easy as the points are located on top/ easily accessible.

I think another company here in the UK are doing this and they have a HQ that have the equipment. But honestly was easy enough doing it remotely.

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
FYI all, it looks like the recent build cars on showroom floors have full screen CarPlay already. My buddy picked up his car last week and his has it.
March 2021 and later builds, it would appear.

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
I would like to know when someone is able to get the iSTEP/iDrive updates from a dealership AND not lock the DME on a tuned car. So far, it seems like dealers don't have access to or are not aware of the latest build that enables fullscreen CarPlay based on what I have seen posted online.

Last edited:

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
UK dealers, as at 11 June 2021, only have S18T-20-11-530 available to upload (November 2020) which, as expected, will not permit full screen carplay.

Whilst flashing my entire car from S18T-19-3-546 to the above I-level, the DME was flashed and the exhaust burbles in sport mode have been significantly reduced, and presumably the DME is now locked, but I don’t have a tune. As to when the burbles were removed, sometime between March 2019 and November 2020.

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
UK dealers, as at 11 June 2021, only have S18T-20-11-530 available to upload (November 2020) which, as expected, will not permit full screen carplay.

Whilst flashing my entire car from S18T-19-3-546 to the above I-level, the DME was flashed and the exhaust burbles in sport mode have been significantly reduced, and presumably the DME is now locked, but I don’t have a tune. As to when the burbles were removed, sometime between March 2019 and November 2020.
How do you find out what version you've got?

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
How do you find out what version you've got?
Either:
BimmerCode shows it on the vehicle information screen; or

Export your driver profile to a usb, then use any text editor to view the resulting .mpd file and it shows it in plain text in the file.
To export your profile, Navigate to "My Vehicle" and select your profile,
Select the Export to USB option.

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i

I would like to Add,
I have just picked up a 2021 plate Supra that was built JAN 2020 and also has no burbles.

FYI, i came from a F40 M135I that was released late 2019, some of the first 2019 cars came with the overrun burbles and then all of a sudden BMW dropped them on December 2019 builds onwards. (Mine was early 2020)

The funny thing is some of those people who had the burbles also had issues updating the iDrive by the Over Air update feature so took it to the dealer to get updated, After the update it removed the burbles.

They have also done this to the M340I, and Z4 M40i for all 2020+ made cars
And probably all of the rest of the fleet with the M40i Engine.
Sponsored