Fullscreen Apple Carplay

mortavious

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Absolute Zero
I don't quite understand why you cannot update the software over wifi or cell...my 2018 accord had that and it was really simple/straightforward. It's a great car but some of this stuff just makes you scratch your head.

Also, I got the car last weekend and I have splitscreen carplay.
Sponsored

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
I don't quite understand why you cannot update the software over wifi or cell...my 2018 accord had that and it was really simple/straightforward. It's a great car but some of this stuff just makes you scratch your head.

Also, I got the car last weekend and I have splitscreen carplay.
If I had to guess, Toyota probably asked to have that ability held back because they aren’t prepared to provide tech support for this largely BMW-based system when things go sideways. But only Toyota really knows.

Modena

First Name
Modena
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Quick Question, I like to have the OEM Navigation on the left & split screen with my media on the right.
(Basically Apple Carplay music)
I can still do this after the update?

rjn21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Some dealers will flash update for free, some won’t, some will only do it during a service, some deny all knowledge of I-level updates saying the car has no updates available (in which case they’re either lying or incompetent if the vehicle isn’t at the latest I-level).

It’s important that people ask dealers for precisely what they want. Eg - they’re not looking for a TSB update / recall / warranty work for their specific VIN, they’re likely looking for a whole car integration level update using Toyota’s version of ISTA-P.

I have a good relationship with the supra technician at my dealer, who enjoys (I think) me (politely) explaining ISTA-P, BimmerCode, e-Sys, module flashing etc.

Personally, if it wasn’t in for a service (and so I would be paying for ramp time anyway) I’d have no problem paying for reasonable ramp time while it’s being flashed.

Franchised dealers will likely only connect an ista-p laptop and press “code” and let it work out what modules should be updated, the dependencies etc. Dealers certainly won’t be up for e-Sys level coding.

W4STOY

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I did my update this morning for the full screen CarPlay. It took about 50 minutes and it was a great experience. EasyBimmerCoding made this seamless! I highly recommend them!

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Should I be seeing the generic "Brightness" setting instead of the "Nighttime Brightness" after flashing? I thought the new update enabled that option by default. It's still showing "Nighttime Brightness" for me.

Or is the daytime brightness fix just a passive thing where they boosted the default brightness during the day and left the setting to control nighttime?

Reactions: Dan

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Should I be seeing the generic "Brightness" setting instead of the "Nighttime Brightness" after flashing? I thought the new update enabled that option by default. It's still showing "Nighttime Brightness" for me.

Or is the daytime brightness fix just a passive thing where they boosted the default brightness during the day and left the setting to control nighttime?
I noticed that as well. I just assumed it was coding option variations between the package that was installed on my car vs. the package that is running on the latest '21 models from the factory. I just re-enabled the brightness option using Bimmercode when I recoded the rest of the head unit options that were wiped from the update.

Last edited:

FullmetalHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0

Have to code it still with bimmer code

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i

Same here I thought it also added that but not in my menu.
Luckily its not to bad at the moment for me.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0
Another UK car done by Rob! Whole thing went smoothly, and it works fine! He also coded the stop-start memory and nav screen brightness while at it. Very happy with the result, thanks!

IMG_4812.jpeg

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
~ mine was a june production and no full screen here. ?
Just to get this on the record here, mine has a March 2021 build date and does have full screen.

I wonder what the difference is?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Just to get this on the record here, mine has a March 2021 build date and does have full screen.

I wonder what the difference is?
~ not sure… but I wonder if this is an update the dealer can do with their “supra based” laptop?

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
~ not sure… but I wonder if this is an update the dealer can do with their “supra based” laptop?
People seem to be saying it isn’t, but that makes no sense to me. Software is software, and has to have a method to update in case of defects. (okay technically that only applies to modern systems)

Regardless, my guess is either the update hasn't trickled down to dealers, techs haven't been trained on how and so they just are clueless, or toyota has made a decision that they simply don't want to provide that service unless it is to fix a specific issue.

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Another change after software update I have noticed is that the Matrix lights and auto high beam now stays on when the auto-lights come on. Before you would have to press the button on the stalk every time you wanted to use it when the headlights came on.
having owned two BMW’s before they had done the same thing on the latest car I came from.
Sponsored