Fullscreen Apple Carplay

sam k

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Has anyone attempted or looked into coding or tweaking to get full screen Apple CarPlay?

I know it’s possible on BMW models With an e sys cable. Just wasn’t sure how different the coding is for the Supra.
Hi - just had Full Screen Apple Carplay activated on my Supra. I'm located in the UK & went to an organisation called "Defined Coding". Would recommend if you wish to get it activated.

Now just looking for a way to view turn by turn directions throught Apple Maps on my HUD/Digital dash. Works on BMWs with Idrive 7. If anyone has any ideas - please let me know.
Sponsored

BIMMER-REMOTE

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2
Anyone in here not have a battery charger or extra car to jump and do the coding process?
We had some customers that decided to go without charger but it's really recommended to use charger/tender or another car + jumpers while doing this process.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Anyone in here not have a battery charger or extra car to jump and do the coding process?
~ I never used a battery charger when having mine done. I personally don’t think it’s necessary. I even have a charger and never considered using it. It’s all good without (unless your battery is weak or the car has been sitting for months).

Suprastar_671

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 GR
We had some customers that decided to go without charger but it's really recommended to use charger/tender or another car + jumpers while doing this process.
Sorry to ask this and not sure it’s been asked already but by doing the Apple CarPlay coding will it interfere with any head unit coding done through bimmer app?? Such as enabling sport plus mode or video in motion…. Etc…

Thanks in advance!

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
heard the new Recall might include Full screen Apple Car play

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
heard the new Recall might include Full screen Apple Car play
Well, if each I-Level version is based upon the previous, that would hold. FS Apple CarPlay was dropped in I-Level S18T-21-03-530 and the recall remedy states the flash will bring cars up to I-Level S18T-21-07-519.

Last edited:

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
It could be that the recall brings full screen CarPlay. I bought my car less than a month ago and it has had it since I got it.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Sorry to ask this and not sure it’s been asked already but by doing the Apple CarPlay coding will it interfere with any head unit coding done through bimmer app?? Such as enabling sport plus mode or video in motion…. Etc…
~ The only think I lost was the main center upper dash screen saved items (eg. programmed radio/sat stations, start up screen - defaulted back to the Supra screen) but that’s it. An easy reset to me.

It didn’t change my hard coded BimmerCode settings (such as deleted items; seat belt chime, start up chimes, door open chime, nav disclosure, start up in sport mode, etc, etc).

Hope this helps!

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Thanks in advance!
Anything programmed through the head unit module will need to be re-coded. Many of the programmers that provide the service can add those changes into their coding so you don't have to do it again. You should be able to tell which will be impacted by looking to see which changes were made via the head unit

BIMMER-REMOTE

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2

Thanks in advance!
It will not interfere with any coding. You can still use Bimmercode app after our firmware upgrade along with fullscreen.

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
Just had the service performed on my car this morning. Super professional, and everything goes smoothly if you have good reading comprehension and are prepared... this is cheaper than an DME unlock, and possible limited CAN-BUS functionality with steering wheel controls after you get the dealer flash... Full screen is so much easier on the eyes... doesn't feel like something is missing anymore!

Get the service now while the promo code is still active!

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
^^^ What do you mean by this?

"possible limited CAN-BUS functionality with steering wheel controls after you get the dealer flash"

Mine is in the shop today for 2 year service & they are preforming recall. Will report back if I get full screen CarPlay.

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ What do you mean by this?

"possible limited CAN-BUS functionality with steering wheel controls after you get the dealer flash"

Mine is in the shop today for 2 year service & they are preforming recall. Will report back if I get full screen CarPlay.
Pretty sure with the firmware update it changes some can-bus I/O coding for the steering wheel controls... like for use with ecutek antilag, map switching etc... again this all speculation, but I am not taking any chances... and I definitely don't wanna pay for unlock service again...

BIMMER-REMOTE

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2
Just had the service performed on my car this morning. Super professional, and everything goes smoothly if you have good reading comprehension and are prepared... this is cheaper than an DME unlock, and possible limited CAN-BUS functionality with steering wheel controls after you get the dealer flash... Full screen is so much easier on the eyes... doesn't feel like something is missing anymore!

Get the service now while the promo code is still active!
Thank you very much for choosing our services - http://bimmer-remote.com

SupaSupra

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Im soooooo sorry to ask. I just wanna make sure. Don’t shoot me!! Will it touch my unlocked ecu/tuning at all?
Imma go hide behind the door now. Don’t kill me.
Sponsored